Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Waiver wire pick ups discussion (MERGE) Title Updated pg 10.

GoColts8818

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This means they are keeping 5 TE. Only keeping 5 WR seems thin but they must like their TE better.

They could also add back one of these vet WR after waived claims and the roster is set.

Kinda wonder if Woods goes to the IR…

Just now, Archer said:

Kinda wonder if Woods goes to the IR…

I'm thinking he might, which may be why we'd end up with 5 TEs on the 53 man roster. I believe he has to be on it first, then can be placed on IR. After that, we either resign a WR we cut or claim one off waivers that we like.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This means they are keeping 5 TE. Only keeping 5 WR seems thin but they must like their TE better.

They could also add back one of these vet WR after waived claims and the roster is set.

I figured we would keep a bunch of Tight Ends

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

AQM released? Didn't expect it... 

I kind of did. He seemed like an odd man out at this point with guys like Ebukam, Kareem, and Lewis offering a similar skillset and playing better this preseason.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

can AQM go practice squad?

There's I believe 6 slots on the PS now that you can use for any players, regardless of time in the league. The other 10 still have to have no more than 2 accrued seasons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Which mean some of these vets were cut with the intention of bringing them back. It’s just so they don’t lose any young guys to the waiver wire.

Yes

Idk, man,!I think we may just keep the young’uns on the active roster instead of veterans to avoid risking leaving them on the PS…

25 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

what? I am shocked. Why

Titus Leo

25 minutes ago, Shive said:

I kind of did. He seemed like an odd man out at this point with guys like Ebukam, Kareem, and Lewis offering a similar skillset and playing better this preseason.

Not even sure about Lewis at the moment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

So the Colts WRs (as it stands) are:

Pittman
Pierce
Downs
Mckenzie
Winfree

You gotta think they are going to be active on the waiver wire for that bottom spot / adding a 6th and losing one of the 5 TEs?

Solid group.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

So the Colts WRs (as it stands) are:

Pittman
Pierce
Downs
Mckenzie
Winfree

You gotta think they are going to be active on the waiver wire for that bottom spot / adding a 6th and losing one of the 5 TEs?

So, is a theme here is that none of the project WRs Ballard has picked  in later rounds have worked out? All of them are gone. 

• Like 1

Just now, BeanDiasucci said:

So, is a theme here is that none of the project WRs Ballard has picked after the second round have worked out? All of them are gone. 

True dat.  But Belichivk did it with 1st and 2nd rounders…so, there’s a win for us in our rivalry, right?

Just now, BeanDiasucci said:

So, is a theme here is that none of the project WRs Ballard has picked after the second round have worked out? All of them are gone. 

like who other than Paris Campbell who we decided to let go in FA so we can get a real slot receiver in Downs.

Just now, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

New Orleans release Bradley Roby.  I think he goes to waivers.  Maybe he can replace Kenny Moore next year if we can’t resign

He can be signed now if anyone wants him- no waivers for long time veterans…

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Shive said:

I'm thinking he might, which may be why we'd end up with 5 TEs on the 53 man roster. I believe he has to be on it first, then can be placed on IR. After that, we either resign a WR we cut or claim one off waivers that we like.

This is exactly my thought as well. You can’t put Woods on IR now because he will miss the entire season

Woods makes the initial 53. On Wed they designate him as IR with possibility to return and opening a spot to pickup someone else

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bertjones7 said:

This is exactly my thought as well. You can’t put Woods on IR now because he will miss the entire season

Woods makes the initial 53. On Wed they designate him as IR with possibility to return and opening a spot to pickup someone else

I think that might be where this is headed. Pharoah brown hasn’t been released yet either.

43 minutes ago, Shive said:

Seems likely 

3 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

A whole lot of Frank kind of guys didn't pan out.

I never understood drafting a bunch of tall WRs with decent speed, that are solid contested catchers, but can't separate. Ability to separate is one of the biggest skills a WR can have and we finally went that direction this year with Downs.

If you look around the league, the best WRs at this moment aren't height/weight/speed guys. It's Jefferson, Chase, Waddle, Diggs, etc.

• Like 1

Just now, Shive said:

I never understood drafting a bunch of tall WRs with decent speed, that are solid contested catchers, but can't separate. Ability to separate is one of the biggest skills a WR can have and we finally went that direction this year with Downs.

If you look around the league, the best WRs at this moment aren't height/weight/speed guys. It's Jefferson, Chase, Waddle, Diggs, etc.

I believe this is a relic from the Reich era… :grumpy2: