Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Waiver wire pick ups discussion (MERGE) Title Updated pg 10.

GoColts8818

32 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Mike Strachan was cut. The end 

I saw the Panthers trading for Ihmir Marsette swapping 7th round picks. Marsette could have been a cut casualty, so Chiefs pounced on that deal.

Chiefs probably can't keep 7 WRs (Toney, Moore, MVS, Watson, Rice, Richie James, Justyn Ross) - I would ask them about a 7th round pick deal for Justyn Ross who is finally healthy and showing signs of improvement.

Chiefs might also try to save a roster spot for Lucas Niang or Prince Wanogho, both offensive tackles. What do Colts fans think of one of them for guard based on your draft impressions of them?

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What that is weird.  Probably  Nick cross made such a huge leap.

I mentioned earlier, I have come to find, with most of these late FA signings, the team ends up deciding we are just better off with the players we already have (Drake and now Harrison for example this year)

That's why I'm really not expecting the Colts to make some kind of waiver signing that has great impact.

22 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What that is weird.  Probably  Nick cross made such a huge leap.

They talked a lot about how Cross has been better since they moved him to FS. Not as much thinking as the SS does in Bradley’s scheme. Probably rolling with Blackmon, Cross, Thomas, and Denbow. Colts seem to almost always go with younger guys.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He has to be exposed for 24 hours I believe before he can be reclaimed. 

If I’m wrong, I’m sure someone will quickly correct me. 

Yeah, Strachan shouldn’t technically have three years in the league, so he should have to clear waivers.  We can put him on the PS if no one else wants to put him on their active roster…

4 minutes ago, Archer said:

Yeah, Strachan shouldn’t technically have three years in the league, so he should have to clear waivers.  We can put him on the PS if no one else wants to put him on their active roster…

How many seasons should it take for potential to be realized?  He has it all physically, but he’s still not there.  

Just now, Smonroe said:

How many seasons should it take for potential to be realized?  He has it all physically, but he’s still not there.  

Idk, he seemed well on his way to making the roster this year until his injury.  I think he has value, though.  He could Juwann Winfree some team next year…

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

In his case?  As a WR who has played at lowwwww level competition in college, for only a few seasons, and with COVID for most of his college career?  

Nah, JK, none of that matters, he'll be a 4th WR at best.

Just now, Jackie Daytona said:

In his case?  As a WR who has played at lowwwww level competition in college, for only a few seasons, and with COVID for most of his college career?  

Nah, JK, none of that matters, he'll be a 4th WR at best.

I’d settle for him progressing to a #4.  Apparently they say he makes the spectacular plays but doesn’t make the expected catches.  

Right now Pierce is a one trick pony (assuming he can catch the ball).  What is Strahan’s trick?  Jump balls?  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I wonder if we’ll make any Oline or WR moves after all the cuts?

My thought is that if we look up the RAS scores of the OL who are cut and find one with a high score, there's a decent chance Ballard will sign that guy. High RAS seems to be the baseline qualification for Colts O-linemen.

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

I mentioned earlier, I have come to find, with most of these late FA signings, the team ends up deciding we are just better off with the players we already have (Drake and now Harrison for example this year)

That's why I'm really not expecting the Colts to make some kind of waiver signing that has great impact.

Well we don’t have enough Oline men so we better.

6 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Idk, I know it was only preseason and they ran vanilla plays and routes, but something just felt off with our WR. 

Well, Pierce dropping balls didn't help.  I hope he cleans that cleaned up this year.  He has to be more consistent.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Winfree probably makes the team... or we only roster 4? 

No way we only roster 4 WRs. I thought Winfree earned that last WR spot, although I did like what I saw from Rodgers. Hopefully we can get him on the PS.

• Like 5