Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Waiver wire pick ups discussion (MERGE) Title Updated pg 10.

GoColts8818

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

All the lineman worth anything are going to be gone. Steelers just traded a guard that started all 17 games last season.

Another trade. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/vikings-trade-ol-vederian-lowe-to-patriots-for-a-sixth-round-pick

Vikings trade OL Vederian Lowe to Patriots

Now we know the Patriots are as concerned about their offensive tackle depth as fans are.

They made their second trade for an offensive tackle Sunday, acquiring Vederian Lowe from the Vikings for a sixth-round pick, Jordan Schultz of theScore.com reports.

Earlier in the day, the Patriots sent running back Pierre Strong Jr. to the Browns in exchange for offensive tackle Tyrone Wheatley Jr.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think Ekiyor was ever as good as some wanted him to be and his release was not that hard for the Colts.  The facts he wasn’t even playing the last couple of games and the Colts are so thin at guard speaks to that.

Many on here anointed him as the starting RG when he was signed.

Turns out there was a good and valid reason he wasn't drafted:  he isn't good enough.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I think East Street was taking the summer off and coming back for the preseason if I remember right.

No clue with PT

Pshhhh you an old person:lol: I just turned 26 a few days ago, Staff Accountant

East been gone since February...... 

10 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not to be the “old guy” but I’ve been here since 2003.  Great posters sometimes leave.  We’ve lost good ones like Phil, Tubaguy, PeytonGirl, Jules and others to name a few.

The only person I know among those is Jules.

There are many people I have not seen in a while like Brent, JayKirk, MAC, 21isSuperman, SheColt, Dustin, SouthWest1, Andy (I think that was his name...he was from Canada and was big on draft-related stuff), and so many more. More recently, some of those I have not seen are Valpo, Princeton Tiger, and many of the Patriot fans that used to post here the first 5 years of my membership here. I miss SteelCityColt, who was one of my favorite.

There are some who used to post a lot. They lurk but do not post comments now. I often wonder why they do not post comments anymore.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

Turns out there was a good and valid reason he wasn't drafted:  he isn't good enough.

He wasn’t drafted because he has a bad knee, not because of his skill level.   That’s not uncommon at the draft. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

I was one that wanted him but that was after we missed out on Luke Wypler and Andrew Vorhees who the Browns and Ravens drafted. I was hoping he would provide depth not start. As for the two I wanted I hear Wypler has looked like a complete steal for the Browns and Vorhees won't be playing because of his pre-draft injury.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Nadine pinned and unpinned this topic
6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

There are many people I have not seen in a while like Brent, JayKirk, MAC, 21isSuperman, SheColt, Dustin, SouthWest1, Andy (I think that was his name...he was from Canada and was big on draft-related stuff), and so many more. More recently, some of those I have not seen are Valpo, Princeton Tiger, and many of the Patriot fans that used to post here the first 5 years of my membership here. I miss SteelCityColt, who was one of my favorite.

There are some who used to post a lot. They lurk but do not post comments now. I often wonder why they do not post comments anymore.

I've been around since the days of Dano annoying us all over the ratS message boards.... Ugh

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I have been here since June 2015. SouthWest1, Dustin, UncleMark, SteelCityColt, JayKirk, Brent, RadioGirl, SheColt, BluesGirl, Jules, AM - lol, now Princeton and EastStreet are among some good posters that have been gone for a while. I think EastStreet will be back once the season starts, JMO. Princeton seemed to lose interest in sports except for the WNBA and hardly anyone in here cares about the WNBA. - That is just 13 good-great posters off the top of my head that have disappeared. 

Jules got married 4 years ago and after Luck retired and Brady left the Pats she quit posting. Probably lost interest is my guess. She was a Colts fan but also liked Brady. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

TKnight used to post all the updates during camp every year. 

• Like 7

18 hours ago, w87r said:

Dezmon Patmon was released by the Bills.

Could be interesting, I think we have enough WRs to choose from but never know.

No offense to Patmon, but I noticed that the waiver wire was littered with former Colts players. I'm not sure this team gets any better by going back and picking up former players that were not all that great the first time around. 

24 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

I swore you were here before 2015. A while back before that the entire site got updated and we all had to make new screen names. 

I have actually been here since the beginning of the 2014 season but I lurked mainly. I had created a name Colts18to88in2006, but changed it in June of 2015 to my name now. So overall this will be my 10th season here (2014-2023), 9 as 2006Coltsbestever. 

I remember how busy and unreal it got in here after DeflateGate happened, losing to the Pats in the AFC Title Game. So I am aware of those posts. There were like 100 pages about it and so many Pats fans were here - of course.

50 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

I swore you were here before 2015. A while back before that the entire site got updated and we all had to make new screen names. 

You may also have remember me over at ESPN, I was a member there from August 2009-2013 season and posted a lot on our game threads. I came here in 2014 but never really posted. I was a lurker at that time Homer Watching GIF, I was just used to ESPN and came here for INFO more than anything.

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have actually been here since the beginning of the 2014 season but I lurked mainly. I had created a name Colts18to88in2006, but changed it in June of 2015 to my name now. So overall this will be my 10th season here (2014-2023), 9 as 2006Coltsbestever. 

I remember how busy and unreal it got in here after DeflateGate happened, losing to the Pats in the AFC Title Game. So I am aware of those posts. There were like 100 pages about it and so many Pats fans were here - of course.

Dynasty was the only pats fan I ever liked. I remember your old name! 

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You may also have remember me over at ESPN, I was a member there from August 2009-2013 season and posted a lot on our game threads. I came here in 2014 but never really posted. I was a lurker at that time Homer Watching GIF, I was just used to ESPN and came here for INFO more than anything.

it’s a good place to get updates. I don’t use Twitter at all, so seeing real sources get posted here has always been a plus! 

I was never a member of ESPN site. Only here. I did pay for the athletic for a little while but after a short time didn’t see the worth in paying for it. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He wasn’t drafted because he has a bad knee, not because of his skill level.   That’s not uncommon at the draft. 

If that was the case he'd have an injury settlement right now instead of being waived outright.

No.....this guy isn't NFL material.  Simple as that.

1 minute ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Dynasty was the only pats fan I ever liked. I remember your old name! 

@OffensivelyPC, remembered me over at ESPN when I first came here. He and I were always on those Game Threads from 2009-2013. After the 2013 season, ESPN would not allow you to post without a FaceBook account, so I left. I think @hoosierhawkwas over at ESPN as well, unless I have him mixed up with someone else.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@OffensivelyPC, remembered me over at ESPN when I first came here. He and I were always on those Game Threads from 2009-2013. After the 2013 season, ESPN would not allow you to post without a FaceBook account, so I left. I think @hoosierhawkwas over at ESPN as well, unless I have him mixed up with someone else.

“bayone” if I’m spelling his name correctly was a diehard Colts fan. But had to leave for health related reasons. Hope he’s doing ok. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes, he was awesome. He had major health problems. I got along with him well. He had some fantastic posts :thmup:

talking about all these posters really brings back memories of the good ole days. I was fortunate as I got to grow up watching the best QB of all time, however I am proud to say I’ve stuck it out all the way through these horrible QB years. I’m not naive enough to say these days are as bad as it used to be pre-1995. 

Once a Colts fan always a Colts fan! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

talking about all these posters really brings back memories of the good ole days. I was fortunate as I got to grow up watching the best QB of all time, however I am proud to say I’ve stuck it out all the way through these horrible QB years. I’m not naive enough to say these days are as bad as it used to be pre-1995. 

Once a Colts fan always a Colts fan! 

Yeah it is fun talking about some of the older posters after being around a while on this site. Some were even over at ESPN like I mentioned. There are probably at least 5-10 more I haven't even mentioned that were great, we have had so many. 

I wish I was younger and not 52, I would prefer being 32 lmao but I think I grew up at the right time to witness the greatest athletes/players/teams possible. The 80's were loaded with all that, Dickerson was off the charts. My 1st game I went too, Dickerson had 196 yards vs the Bucs in 1987 and we clinched the AFC East. He looked like he was sleep walking getting those yards, that is how great he was. The 90's to now have been great in just seeing how sports has changed as a whole. 

39 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

If that was the case he'd have an injury settlement right now instead of being waived outright.

No.....this guy isn't NFL material.  Simple as that.

I don't know if an undrafted player can be totally dismissed like that, especially when so many scouts liked him and especially when he has some injury concern.

Do you know for sure if he's not been waived to get him on PS later as Colts might know very well that other teams wouldn't get him because of injury?

If they move him to IR right now, they may not be able to get him back for the season if the recovery timeline isn't that long for him to start practicing. 

He may not have played last 2 preseason games because of an injury aggravation or some medical concern, we don't know at this time. Maybe, when dust settles down after all the cuts, team or media might catch up later on what's going on with him. 

4 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan411 said:

Updated cut list:

DB Aaron Maddox

WR Zavier Scott

RB LaMichael Pettway

RB Michael Tutsie

WR Tyler Adams

WR Kody Case

G Emil Ekiyor

TE Nick Eubanks

K Lucas Havrisik

TE Michael Jacobson

T Matthew Vanderslice

RB Kenyan Drake

S Teez Tabor

WR Breshad Perriman

LB Donovan Mutin

Looks like the WR room is shaping up:

MPJ

Pierce

Downs

McKenzie

Rodgers

Strachan

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it is fun talking about some of the older posters after being around a while on this site. Some were even over at ESPN like I mentioned. There are probably at least 5-10 more I haven't even mentioned that were great, we have had so many. 

I wish I was younger and not 52, I would prefer being 32 lmao but I think I grew up at the right time to witness the greatest athletes/players/teams possible. The 80's were loaded with all that, Dickerson was off the charts. My 1st game I went too, Dickerson had 196 yards vs the Bucs in 1987 and we clinched the AFC East. He looked like he was sleep walking getting those yards, that is how great he was. The 90's to now have been great in just seeing how sports has changed as a whole. 

the league has changed so much in just my own time. I like to think Peyton brought a lot of change to the NFL. It’s crazy how that works. The passing achievements he brought to the NFL are starting to be the norm these days. 

24 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I don't know if an undrafted player can be totally dismissed like that, especially when so many scouts liked him and especially when he has some injury concern.

Do you know for sure if he's not been waived to get him on PS later as Colts might know very well that other teams wouldn't get him because of injury?

If they move him to IR right now, they may not be able to get him back for the season if the recovery timeline isn't that long for him to start practicing. 

He may not have played last 2 preseason games because of an injury aggravation or some medical concern, we don't know at this time. Maybe, when dust settles down after all the cuts, team or media might catch up later on what's going on with him. 

Or.....he's not good enough.  Just like is the case for the thousands of undrafted players that weren't good enough to make it in all the prior NFL seasons.

Ihmir Marsette and Justyn Ross, both with the Chiefs - I want us to keep an eye on them. 

Jalen Mayfield released by Falcons and Germain Ifedi released by Lions - wonder if they are better suited to guard and not tackle. Both have low mileage.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Confused who is playing center. We have no backups with Pinter going down.

Yeah, could be French.  But, I’d guess that O’Donnell, Hambright, and Fries will all get reps there in practice…

• Like 2