Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles Colts Joint Practice 8/22

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After they beat us by 1 measly point last year in a game we controlled for 59 minutes, dude jumped into the stands and celebrated with fans like he just won the SB. He is a class act that is for sure. I am glad KC beat them in the SB, what comes around goes around The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

Yeah. Nick Sirianni has quickly become one of the most despicable characters on my list of the league.

Right up there where it used to be only Brady and Belichick

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Coltsbluefan said:

I lived in Southern Indiana most of my life,for the past 3 years have lived just 50 mins away from Philly.The media and the fans think the Eagles won’t have much of a problem getting back to the Superbowl this year,hope some team like the 49ers destroy them this year.

WHere at in S. In?

35 minutes ago, Matabix said:

Yes, pretty much. 

Absolutely brother, happy wife, happy midsection.  

19 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

You are NOT really much of a Colts Fan. Kind of in that bottom 10% that will never be happy. Best to be Ignored. 

ad homenim

• Like 1

Why does it seem like every clip I see of Kenny Moore he is getting cooked?

Don't like it. 

Joint practices, went from being the new thing to do, to teams probably going to stop doing them in a 2 week period.

Definitely not surprised to see Eagles have a good day, most reporting was one sided so, I will take that into mind.

• Like 2

Just now, w87r said:

Don't like it. 

Joint practices, went from being the new thing to do, to teams probably going to stop doing them in a 2 week period.

Definitely not surprised to see Eagles have a good day, most reporting was one sided so, I will take that into mind.

Bradley has to learn Kenny is better in space and when you can get him around the ball. Hopefully they have learned that. I think he will have a bounce back year. He seems in a good place and really happy.

Here is a little snippet I found 

7. (Guest ob from Roob) Newly crowned Colts starting quarterback Anthony Richardson, the fourth pick in this year’s draft, showed off his big arm and made some plays on the Eagles’ first defense during 7-on-7s. Richardson threaded a perfect deep ball to receiver Alec Pierce, who was blanketed by James Bradberry but came down with the ball in the end zone. He also had a nice 20-yard gain to tight end Pharaoh Brown in the middle of the field over the top of Zach Cunningham. But he also got picked off by Mekhi Garner on a throw into the end zone intended for wide receiver Malik Turner.

ADVERTISEMENT

In a short period of 11s with Richardson tried to connect over the middle with tight end Mo Alie-Cox, but Sydney Brown came over and leveled Alie-Cox with a little more juice than he was supposed to. Richardson threw a short sideline pass to tight end Kylen Granson, who was smacked by Reed Blankenship for just a three-yard gain. Gardner Minshew made some nice throws against the Eagles’ second defense, including a sweet TD pass to tight end Will Mallory with Garner in coverage. But Josiah Scott showed up with a knockdown of a short Minshew pass intended for Mallory.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Don't like it. 

He hasn't been very good for some time now.  He's also a better slot corner in C2 like Flus ran.  He didn't have as much responsibility over the top with 2 deep safeties and was able to play closer to the LOS and use his physicality to beat on little slot guys.  

In C3 his lack of athleticism is exposed.  

Wrong system for his skill set. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is by Eagles reporter:

Anthony Richardson Training Camp Stats vs. #Eagles:

I can really see why Colts drafted Richardson. I was a skeptic going into the draft but he really does have a strong arm and elite size. Excited to see what Shane Steichen does with him

That being said he is very much a work in progress. Basically all his passes were either short or incomplete. Don't think he attempted one over like 20 yards.

Seemed like an easy day for Eagles defense. Richardson didn't really threaten them, defensive line definitely had their moments and secondary didn't have much to worry about

Stats: 11/16, 0 TD, 0 INT

**Might have missed 1 or 2 reps

• Like 4

Apparently, Kelce didn't like the hit Zaire put on Kenneth Gainwell. He went after Zaire for that and things got out of control. There is also a report that Derek Barnett hit on Anthony Richardson, which upset other Colts players. Everyone was out of sorts, so it was a good idea to end practice early. 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

True. What's the point? I'm not Colts' GM? I'm not being paid millions to make decisions for an NFL franchise? 

So the point is don’t use hindsight talking about how they have their franchise qb……looks really ignorant when making an argument especially when you would have whined endlessly after the draft and his first year…..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AustexColt said:

The Eagles will be hunted all year, so keep their head on a swivel. There is no more surprises regarding Jalen Hurts and AJ Brown. The best of luck this year.

I honestly think their team is going to take a step back this year. Now by no means are they going to suck but I don't see them being as dominant. 

I've said it a few times on this forum but they lost both coordinators and their team was not good when Shane wasn't calling plays. They started incredibly poor 2 years ago and Sirianni had to turn the play calling over to Shane. I don't think Sirianni is going to be calling plays this year but still think there will be an overall regression. 

IMO, I think the Giants win the division. That is my HOT take. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

So the point is don’t use hindsight talking about how they have their franchise qb……looks really ignorant when making an argument especially when you would have whined endlessly after the draft and his first year…..

Not really. My biggest point on the QBs since Luck retired has been that we should be drafting our next QB as soon as possible. I've wanted us to draft a QB(high) every single year since 2019. And I've said multiple times that I may have my own preferences but I'd give the benefit of the doubt to Ballard even if he took a QB that wasn't my favorite... the process is much more important than my personal preferences :dunno: So yeah... about the QBs specifically, you are barking up the wrong tree here.   

Also, I would like to point out that even if I would have been super critical of them taking Hurts(or someone else that succeeds), this still says nothing about the merit of discussing/criticizing the GM's decisions. Or are we allowed to criticize the decisions only if we were right at the time? Who's gonna police that? And more importantly - do you think this would be good for a message board on the internet about a football team? 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, cjwhiskers said:

I honestly think their team is going to take a step back this year. Now by no means are they going to suck but I don't see them being as dominant. 

I've said it a few times on this forum but they lost both coordinators and their team was not good when Shane wasn't calling plays. They started incredibly poor 2 years ago and Sirianni had to turn the play calling over to Shane. I don't think Sirianni is going to be calling plays this year but still think there will be an overall regression. 

IMO, I think the Giants win the division. That is my HOT take. 

They probably have a tougher schedule too. They had a cakewalk last year.

• Like 1

Richardson continues to impress me with his maturity especially after a day like today where tempers were flaring. He seems very level headed and patient. I’m telling you guys he really has the disposition to be something special as long as he keeps working hard. 

• Like 4

Nate Atkins has his video, from todays practice, up on IndyStar ...which I just watched

https://www.indystar.com/videos/sports/nfl/colts/2023/08/22/colts-eagles-joint-practice-recap/8368564001/

(for those who do not have the paid subscription, I will summarize):

In his recap, he says the Colts starting O-line had Ryan Kelly back but not Will Fries. Carter O'Donnell was at RG.

He goes on to say "AR is lucky the refs blew many calls dead, because he was devoured from the very start"

says Richardson spent most of his time scrambling to avoid the rush. 

He mentions Drew Ogletree was back. 

Atkins said our defense did a little bit better than our offense. Leonard did not make the trip. Buckner played.

Our Secondary struggled against the Eagles receivers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Richardson continues to impress me with his maturity especially after a day like today where tempers were flaring. He seems very level headed and patient. I’m telling you guys he really has the disposition to be something special as long as he keeps working hard. 

He seems very level headed and poised.

we have to hope he makes good reads and improves his striking inaccuracy.

I don’t love him, but his seeming lack of panic is evident on college tape.

he wasn’t impressive with his downfield decision making though and is as inaccurate as it gets.

They’re hoping he follows The path of Allen.

4 minutes ago, Nickster said:

He seems very level headed and poised.

we have to hope he makes good reads and improves his striking inaccuracy.

I don’t love him, but his seeming lack of panic is evident on college tape.

he wasn’t impressive with his downfield decision making though and is as inaccurate as it gets.

They’re hoping he follows The path of Allen.

I remember it was a huge debate this past spring on accuracy. I’m of the camp that it can be improved with the right teaching and repetitions. To me, he is so young and that’s not a detriment but actually a positive. He’s coachable and willing to take advice and criticism. 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Not really. My biggest point on the QBs since Luck retired has been that we should be drafting our next QB as soon as possible. I've wanted us to draft a QB(high) every single year since 2019. And I've said multiple times that I may have my own preferences but I'd give the benefit of the doubt to Ballard even if he took a QB that wasn't my favorite... the process is much more important than my personal preferences :dunno: So yeah... about the QBs specifically, you are barking up the wrong tree here. 

Not wanting to derail the thread into older discussions, so I'll say this and stop.

The decision to implement a process of finding a young QB rather than an older QB has to come from a fundamental view of the team.  If the team is far-ish away from being a contender, the process suggests younger rookie.  If the assessment of the team says that it is close-ish to being a contender, then the older QB has a better chance of getting the team deep into the playoffs.

I'm not as concerned with the process, because I think the FO understands the differences just fine.  OTOH, I have never agreed about their (over) assessment of the roster where the older QB would be the best approach.