Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles Colts Joint Practice 8/22

16 hours ago, Solid84 said:

That's why he put at target on himself - he hit Zaire with a cheap shot.

All's fair in football. The great big people in football all have had fights that is what they do. Garrett took it a little too far hitting the Steelers QB over the head with his helmet but everything else is just another day in the life. Get over it.

32 minutes ago, King Colt said:

All's fair in football. The great big people in football all have had fights that is what they do. Garrett took it a little too far hitting the Steelers QB over the head with his helmet but everything else is just another day in the life. Get over it.

It isn't that's why there are penalties and fines. 

Why exactly are you here, though? All you ever do is hate on the Colts and try to rile people up.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Living in the Philly area, I think I dislike the Eagles as much (if not more) than the Pats.

I’m going to the game Thursday but I’m not sure if I’ll wear my Taylor jersey. It’s either that or Luck….yikes!!

Im in the same boat about hating Philly, living in the area. I too have those same jerseys, but I also have a big Q jersey to wear out.

3 hours ago, Nickster said:

Totally agree.  I really don’t rate CFB players myself. Dont watch much and loved Ryan Leafs arm talent  lol.   However not everything said in public is actually believed and some times beliefs change in my experience.

again agree .  There have been way more high picks that were not worth it at QB whose teams would have been better off taking another Chance.  Buying another lottery ticket so to speak.  That is something I’d personally consider if I were drafting.  The QB is so I important that you take more than one chance.  Caleb Williams is the dude of the month right now.  Sometimes the flavor of the month is epiphanous, more often it’s meh.  Never seen him play I’ve just noticed he’s highly rated.  Ratings aren’t everything by any stretch.

As far as what I see in AR this is my assessment.  The inaccuracy and throwing technique is startling for a serious NFL starter prospect.  This isn’t news.  It’s evident on tape from college, in the combine session, and so far on air and in a red shirt in camp.

He throws an accurate deep ball, that’s impressive and is big and straight line fast.  He didn’t do agility drills so I doubt he has the elite lateral quickness of LJ, AL, and PM.  Me personally I’d rather have lateral quickness than straight speed for my QB and frankly all or most of my players. But I haven’t seen him enough to judge this.  When I watched a CFB tape someone posted here I wasn’t paying attention to that.  It will be pretty evident early what kind of lateral quickness he has because he’s going to be under tremendous pressure unless this line shows that’s it’s going to be better than the last 2 years.  Camp reports don’t indicate that that is evident.  We will see.

what is also jumping off the tape of AR is he doesn’t seem to panic.  That I’ve said since the first time I watched him.  That’s a great trait.

but you can be calm and still not be able to decide where and or be able get the ball to where it needs to go accurately and on time.  An encouraging thing here is that new cognitive test.  He evidently is a quick processor.  That’s a great trait.

He seems to be a nice kid which will be nice if he’s good .  But on the list of things I want to see for my franchise QB, a nice guy image is the least important.

I hope he’s great, but I also hope we move quickly if it becomes evident that he’s not going to be the guy.  Many times as a fan  it seems to me that teams would have been better off moving on quickly.  

As far as the drafting a better prospect thing if your in love with  Williams type of guy, I don’t see how you pass that up unless a guy has a Marino like rookie year.

I think he is laterally quick coming off read option rpo type of movements where his body is already facing where he needs to run and he can make a cut. I don't think he is shifty, Lamar Jackson fake you out of your shoes short space quick. He's got some stiffness there. I think he is going to extend a bunch of 3rd downs for us. He is poised and composed when pressured.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think if Richardson is meeting or beating expectations but for some odd reason the Colts are picking first, my one idea might be this….

Set-up a trade ahead of time.   Draft Williams first overall and trade him to another top-3/5 team and collect a boat load of compensation.   Picks and good players, almost too many to count.   Stick with Richardson and that trade is the basis for a very fast build up around him.  

Of course, if you think Richardson’s ceiling is high but Williams or Maye are dramatically higher, then you do the reverse.   Trade AR for a good load, certainly much more than the one first round pick that the Colts spent and build around one of the new kids.   But you’ll have to always hope that you didn’t trade the wrong guy.   The combination of rare raw talent plus super high character plus intelligence is just sooo tantalizing….   Can you really trade a Unicorn? 

I could trade a unicorn in a hot minute if I though I had a TomBrady who had no t standing physical traits whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think he is laterally quick coming off read option rpo type of movements where his body is already facing where he needs to run and he can make a cut. I don't think he is shifty, Lamar Jackson fake you out of your shoes short space quick. He's got some stiffness there.

We shall see.  I am interested to see what happens.  The oline has to be good or this experiment will be completely compromised.

right now the oline instills no confidence in me.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Nickster said:

We shall see.  I am interested to see what happens.  The oline has to be good or this experiment will be completely compromised.

right now the oline instills no confidence in me.

I think he works the pocket and deals with pressure well. Also think he processes what is happening correctly for the most part. Knows where to go with the football. It's the delivery that we need him to continue fine tuning. Like I mentioned before, Cam went his whole career right at 59 to 60 percent pass percentage. It's the rest of the intangibles that made his game a nightmare for the opponent and an asset for Carolina. I think the same may ultimately hold true for Richardson. He might always hover around 59 to 63 percent. With everything he brings to the table I think we can still win a lot of games as long as he isn't a turnover machine. As far as I know he is pretty conscious about taking care of the football. I'm also waiting and see on the OL but I'm trusting Ballard and the confidence he showed about them being a much better unit this year. We will see!

8 hours ago, King Colt said:

OH NO! What a horrible thing to happen in a football game! What is the world coming to?🤣

8 hours ago, King Colt said:

Your takes continue to astound. 

33 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Why do you threaten there will be hell to pay Thursday night?

I haven’t threatened a thing? I said Kelce painted a target on his back with that cheap shot on Zaire - and he did.  

Again, why are you here when all you do is hate on the Colts and try to rile people up?

20 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

In fairness Rivers worked.  Ryan was loved by everyone when they made the move and thought it was perfect.  It just didn’t work out.   That happens sometimes.  The one that they really missed on was Wentz.  That’s the one that hurt the most and I think ultimately took Reich down.  I don’t think Irsay really trusted Reich again after that.

Rivers may have led us to the playoffs but it didn't truly work as he retired the next season - my opinion of course. There was no bridge made which tells me they legit thought he would play more than one year. 

Lot's of blame to go around from Ownership to FO to the coach. I do applaud the Ownership and FO group for trusting in their coach but I question why they did it three times. ll three of them had shown that their skills were on the downside of what they were and thought the Franks previous relationship with them would fix it...............that's partially why Frank is now in Carolina.