Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Preseason Game 1: Colts @ Bills, Aug. 12, 1PM ET

NFLfan

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So far AR hasn't looked that bad. Pretty crisp, that INT wasn't his fault (not being a Homer but it wasn't). The last drive was good than Gay missed a 28 yard FG, we paid top dollar for this kicker, if he costs us a game or 2 this year that will be unacceptable. 28 freakin yards!

I keep waiting for AR to break one off and have a long run. Jackson looks good early as well.

The wind is very tricky at that end of the stadium.  The announcers said they should have let the clock run out and kick it at the other end.  They said the kicker over compensated for the wind.  Bass made his at the easier end.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Good coverage and tackle by Jones.

Brents got cooked a couple times bailed out on the Shakir drop.

I figured Jones would look better earlier than Brents. He was a lockdown corner in college, but doesn't have the high end physical traits that Brent does.

• Like 1

Just now, richard pallo said:

The wind is very tricky at that end of the stadium.  The announcers said they should have let the clock run out and kick it at the other end.  They said the kicker over compensated for the wind.  Bass made his at the easier end.

Bass was kicking the same direction.

I want to see JT O'Sullivan break down what happened on the INT... it looked like either one or both receivers didn't execute their routes properly... or maybe it was on AR. + of course not sure AR's mechanics and decision were great on that throw. 

BUT... with all that said... the offense moved the ball relatively well. AR looked poised, he didn't let the INT break his confidence or freak him out. He delivered some nice passes in the short to intermediate range, Good touch on some screens. Had one miss to Granson, but I want to see the throw from the back camera. He still throws some passes with a lot more juice than he needs to. On the other hand the pass to Pierce was... chef's kiss. Should have been caught. 

Overall I like what AR showed... needs to refine some things... but overall a positive game IMO. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So far AR hasn't looked that bad. Pretty crisp, that INT wasn't his fault (not being a Homer but it wasn't). The last drive was good than Gay missed a 28 yard FG, we paid top dollar for this kicker, if he costs us a game or 2 this year that will be unacceptable. 28 freakin yards!

I keep waiting for AR to break one off and have a long run. Jackson looks good early as well.

I actually think it was his fault.  Just my opinion.   Didn't set his feet and tried to flick it side arm.  But it's a good learning  experience.   He bounced right back.

Loved what he accomplished.   

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We have terrible depth. Ballard had to fix this. The Oline isn’t going to stay healthy all season. Then how do you evaluate the offense of the Oline is poor.

Our Oline depth is really young, so I'm not exactly surprised by the struggles. I'm thinking we really need to bolster the G postion.

• Like 1

I like what we saw out of AR today.  I feel that INT was his fault.  Got happy feet, didn’t set his feet which led to an off target ball.  CORRECT read however so I’ll give him that.

after that, he looked good.  Nice throws, nice reads, and if AP had hauled in that PERFECT deep ball he probably would have a touchdown.  

I would like to see him use his legs more but that’s probably Shane’s doing as he wants to keep him fresh for the season and also not give away what we’re doing in the preseason.

ARs going to be fine.  Just give it time.  We got the right QB.  Happy I can finally say that after so many years.

• Like 3

Just now, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Told my girlfriend to wait on buying tickets for the first game, since I was not sure if AR would be starting or not…Safe to say, I’m going to the opening game now lol

I thought AR would start all along. I think he will be good. That pass he had to Pierce was perfect, should have been a TD.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Mustache is in now. AR did ok, nice that he got a few Reps. I was a little surprised that he didn't take off and run more.

I thought he played well. That pass that was intercepted looked really good. 

I am watching Levis now. He is running well and getting out of trouble. Titans may just have fumbled. Lost of TOs in this game.