Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck will be eligible for the HOF in 2024

ADnum1

NFL Rookie Watch on Twitter: "Andrew Luck will officially be eligible for the Hall of Fame in 2024. Luck’s stats over his first six seasons in the NFL were mind BOGGLING.

Luck had 171 passing TD’s (3rd all-time), trailing only Dan Marino and Patrick Mahomes.

23,671 passing yards (4th all-time), trailing only Stafford and Mahommes.

https://t.co/sl2KzHmkZz  Twitter

Should he get in ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.    And I’m as big a fan of Andrew Luck as there is, but no. 

Honestly, I think it would be awkward if he’s ever inducted to the Colts Ring of Honor.   Luck would probably get booed. 

I don't think he would get booed.  I think most fans understand why he had to hang em up. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't think he would get booed.  I think most fans understand why he had to hang em up. 

I don’t pretend to be an expert about the Indy fan base.    So you tell me….   Is the Indy fan base reflected here on this website?   I think if you start a thread about Andrew Luck, you get 100 different opinions and most are unfavorable.   That’s the view from 1800 miles west. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t pretend to be an expert about the Indy fan base.    So you tell me….   Is the Indy fan base reflected here on this website?   I think if you start a thread about Andrew Luck, you get 100 different opinions and most are unfavorable.   That’s the view from 1800 miles west. 

I have no issues with A. Luck retiring. It's how it all played out. He mislead fans into believing he was going to play going right into TC and put the Colts into a bind. Very wrong on some many levels. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There are still a lot of 12 jerseys in the stadium on GameDay 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

NFL Rookie Watch on Twitter: "Andrew Luck will officially be eligible for the Hall of Fame in 2024. Luck’s stats over his first six seasons in the NFL were mind BOGGLING.

Luck had 171 passing TD’s (3rd all-time), trailing only Dan Marino and Patrick Mahomes.

Should he get in ?

For some reason I cannot edit my post.  My numbers are not entirely accurate.

Over the first 6 seasons for any QB:

23,671 passing yards (4th all-time), trailing only Peyton, Marino, Stafford and Mahomes.

275.2 passing yards per game.  Trailing only Stafford and Mahomes.

One of the NFL's best QBs before he retired.

@2006Coltsbestever

• Like 2

Andrew Luck "may" eventually make it in to the Hall of Fame - BUT - I don't believe he is a first ballot QB.

I concur - it would be significantly awkward if Luck were to be a "Ring of Honor" candidate.  

Personally - I think he made his decision to retire WAAAAY too late in the process - he should have done so during the off-season - giving the Colts the opportunity to secure a quality starter for the season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Old Colt said:

They are there because they are expensive...  not everyone has LUCK money   :cash:  :facepalm:

Yea, plus when a player retires (or goes loser like Luck did) their jersey sells cheap and people buy them and wear them just to rock the team logo, not the individual. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ratking said:

Yea, plus when a player retires (or goes loser like Luck did) their jersey sells cheap and people buy them and wear them just to rock the team logo, not the individual. 

If Luck is a loser, what does that make you?

51 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

Nope, not a hall of famer or a ring of honor inductee and I love AL. Phenomenal player but his biggest impact on the game was the way he left it. 

His stats don’t have the longevity to warrant HoF. 

Not a HOF easily a ring of honor player

4 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Should he get in ?

No Way Penguin GIF by Pudgy Penguinsno GIFNot Gonna Happen No Way GIF by FaZe ClanNo Way Do Not Want GIFNo Way Smile GIF by Get Out MovieSass No GIF by Reba McEntireSeason 9 No GIF by The OfficeNo Way GIFNo Way Smh GIF by Desus & Meroglee no GIF

Along with NCF, I'm one of the biggest A. Luck fans, but I don't think he belongs in the HOF. I also think he would feel unworthy.

Barry Sanders played only 9 years in the NLF and made it into the HOF, as well as Calvin Johnson, who played for 9 years and made it into the HOF. Andrew Luck only played for 7 years. And I don't think he had the impact on his position the way Barry and Megatron have had on theirs.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Peter Nova said:

I have no issues with A. Luck retiring. It's how it all played out. He mislead fans into believing he was going to play going right into TC and put the Colts into a bind. Very wrong on some many levels. 

TC? Hell he was going thru pre game warm ups and throwing the ball to the WRs. He misled fans all the way until it leaked on twitter

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Ohhh he’ll get booed if that EVER happens and I pray he never steps foot on a Colts field ever again, for any reason

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, csmopar said:

TC? Hell he was going thru pre game warm ups and throwing the ball to the WRs. He misled fans all the way until it leaked on twitter

Ohhh he’ll get booed if that EVER happens and I pray he never steps foot on a Colts field ever again, for any reason

Says the guy that isn't from Indy and doesn't go to games.   That kid deserves far more praise than most in the ROH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Why?

Because Luck’s career wasn’t long enough or successful enough.    His career was just 7 seasons long and he actually only played 5.5 seasons.  

That puts Luck in the Hall of the Very Good.   Or the Hall of What Might’ve Been.  But not in the Hall of Fame, which is for the Best of the Best.  Luck didn’t achieve that.  

Of course…. As I like to say….  Your mileage may vary.  

• Like 8

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Says the guy that isn't from Indy and doesn't go to games.   That kid deserves far more praise than most in the ROH

Ummm you have me completely confused with someone else. I may have been born in Chicago but moved from there almost 40 years ago. I’ve lived all over this state from Gary to Jeffersonville, including Indy. I was also homeless for 6 months in Indy at age 19.

Currently, I live just south of Mooresville, right off Indiana 67. And not only do I attend games, I also used to work security for the Colts for 4 years. My grandfather also took me to the very first Patriots / Colts game in December 1984. So yes, I fully understand the significance of the RoH and HoF

Now, I admit, I haven’t attended a regular game however since Dec 2019 but I usually hit TC or a preseason game as time allows. 

as for Luck. He deserves to live the life he chooses to live now that he has retired. He deserves nothing else from the Colts or fans. Ever

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

Hypothetically speaking..If the Colts had solved the QB vacancy Luck created and gone on to win and be contenders. Would fans feel differently about his retirement? 

Personally no.

the only was I would have felt

differently about it would have been if Luck had made the announcement in March or even April. 

OR

if he had at least not lied to the media and fans just days before by saying he would be ready week 1 .

and

had he not gone out and gone thru full warmups right before the game. 

he deliberately misled the fans and this team. That’s where my issue lies. Not with his retirement or the reason for it. I do not fault him for that. I do however fault him for misleading everyone.  While everyone lies at some point or another, Luck sought to deliberately deceive and mislead. That alone should forever keep him from any future football awards related to his tenure as a Colt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.    And I’m as big a fan of Andrew Luck as there is, but no. 

Honestly, I think it would be awkward if he’s ever inducted to the Colts Ring of Honor.   Luck would probably get booed. 

Only the *s boo Luck, so that’s their problem. 

26 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Only the *s boo Luck, so that’s their problem. 

Sorry, but it’s not just their problem.   

Do you want to invite someone to be honored by the franchise only to have a fair number of fans boo him?   That would be embarrassing for both Irsay and Luck.  Who wants to be humiliated that way?

Luck and the Colts badly mismanaged his retirement.   It’s unfortunate, but this is the mess they’ve left behind.   We’re coming up on 4 years now, and the mess is very much still there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Personally no.

the only was I would have felt

differently about it would have been if Luck had made the announcement in March or even April. 

OR

if he had at least not lied to the media and fans just days before by saying he would be ready week 1 .

and

had he not gone out and gone thru full warmups right before the game. 

he deliberately misled the fans and this team. That’s where my issue lies. Not with his retirement or the reason for it. I do not fault him for that. I do however fault him for misleading everyone.  While everyone lies at some point or another, Luck sought to deliberately deceive and mislead. That alone should forever keep him from any future football awards related to his tenure as a Colt

Can you please find this quote in the days leading up to the retirement?  The one where he lied to the fans.   Honestly, I don’t remember that.  If you could find that, it would be helpful.   Thanks. 

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

For once we agree. I don't think the ceremony would be very positive. I don't disagree with Luck retiring. When it's time, it's time. My biggest issue with Luck was that I would have hoped that   he would have left the org in a better state.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Can you please find this quote in the days leading up to the retirement?  The one where he lied to the fans.   Honestly, I don’t remember that.  If you could find that, it would be helpful.   Thanks. 

Sure remind me in the morning. It’s past my bedtime as I’m old

44 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry, but it’s not just their problem.   

Do you want to invite someone to be honored by the franchise only to have a fair number of fans boo him?   That would be embarrassing for both Irsay and Luck.  Who wants to be humiliated that way?

Luck and the Colts badly mismanaged his retirement.   It’s unfortunate, but this is the mess they’ve left behind.   We’re coming up on 4 years now, and the mess is very much still there. 

As I’ve said before, everyone knows the way he retired and when he did it wasn’t the best decision by a player and organization. 

Booing a man, though that took a BAD team to the AFC championship game and gave his body for this team and ruined his love of football only to be turned on and booed by people is ridiculous. 

I never said he should be in the hall of fame. I said people booing him is stupid and that’s a hill I will die on. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

No it's not well reflected here. You have a lot of trolls here, this place has gone down hill. You still see Luck jersey at games often.

Honestly for in person I think I've only heard people negatively talk about him  a couple times, most have moved on and understand 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

As I’ve said before, everyone knows the way he retired and when he did it wasn’t the best decision by a player and organization. 

Booing a man, though that took a BAD team to the AFC championship game and gave his body for this team and ruined his love of football only to be turned on and booed by people is ridiculous. 

I never said he should be in the hall of fame. I said people booing him is stupid and that’s a hill I will die on. 

6 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

No it's not well reflected here. You have a lot of trolls here, this place has gone down hill. You still see Luck jersey at games often.

Honestly for in person I think I've only heard people negatively talk about him  a couple times, most have moved on and understand 

Im not defending the idea of booing Andrew Luck.  Far from it.  

But I think it would happen.   Even if the vast majority of fans cheered him, I think there might be 15,000 who might boo.   And a number that large would be heard.  And I think it would be uncomfortable for all involved.    

Getting into the RoH might happen someday, but perhaps it would be better if it happened when the team is much better than it is now.   Once it looks like a 10-11 win team and not a 6-7 win team might be a more appropriate time. 

• Like 1