Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Janoris Jenkins makes it past the Pats... We

Indeee

So you are not aware JJ has been nailed for Mary Jane possession more than once?

I'm very aware of that fact and of the fact that this conversation is getting far more serious than I intended. Obviously we don't see eye to eye and I think it would be a good idea for me to terminate my part in this discussion. Thank you.

I'm very aware of that fact and of the fact that this conversation is getting far more serious than I intended. Obviously we don't see eye to eye and I think it would be a good idea for me to terminate my part in this discussion. Thank you.

No biggie, but realistically WOULD YOU GIVE THIS KID A "NICE CHUNK OF CHANGE" knowing what we all do? This kid made his bed, he is going to have to "earn" his way out.

Such is life.

We can't draft him.............the first two years of the (re)building process the team CANNOT afford to whiff on any picks, let alone ones that could end up in jail or suspended!

What makes you think any pick is a guarantee, all of them are whiffs and potential that's all even Mr luck... Jenkins is a good player and if he's there take him cause the colts need someone opposite powers. If he's not take fleener

Greg Cosell on NFL.com has Janoris Jenkins going 5th overall, LOL. Also, CB Stephen Gilmore going 3rd overall. He still thinks the Colts take RGIII though... One of the funniest mock drafts I've ever seen.

???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!????!!!???!!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!!!??!?!!????

I would take him over Fleener any day. Fleener might be fast, athletic, know Luck well and catch the ball, but A TE that can't block to save his life, doesn't seem all that appealing to me

People are getting carried away with this concern. I've heard many scouts down-play this;

His all-around blocking ability is actually above-average for the position.

Fleener is more of a turn-and-seal type of run blocker.

Teams who employ a power-running game and are looking for a road-grader tight end shouldn't consider adding Fleener, and his overall value is still his ability to make plays in the passing game.

This category is classified under a weakness, but I felt I must discuss the positives of his blocking. Fleener gives 100 percent effort when it comes to contributing to the running game. He fights to gain inside hand placement and is strong enough to turn the defender from the play. I am comfortable stating that Fleener is an above-average run blocker.

People are getting carried away with this concern. I've heard many scouts down-play this;

His all-around blocking ability is actually above-average for the position.

I would take Fleener in a heart beat, but I'm not a GM unfortunately. I would be pumped if he was available and around in the second. I would also have no problem with Zeitler either.

I would take Fleener in a heart beat, but I'm not a GM unfortunately. I would be pumped if he was available and around in the second. I would also have no problem with Zeitler either.

That's the problem. I don't want to see us trade up, nor do I think we will, but it may be necessary to do so if we have identified him as a high priority. Who knows what secrets Grigs and Pagano have in mind....

There is a point at which you take a chance on a guy with his track record but on a team as full of holes as the Colts, that is no where near the 2nd round.

It is very telling the number of teams that is reported to have taken him off their board altogether.

If it was JUST dope..maybe not so bad. But it's more than that.

Failing a drug test is one thing. Getting arrested for it shows that you don't learn your lesson. Being arrested for being in a bar fight is something that can happen to the best of it. Being tazed by the police when you are being arrested shows that you are not a good decision maker.

Being kicked off of your team regardless of your talent shows that if you are too much of a pain to deal with...you'll be shipped off. Continuing to smoke weed at N Alabama shows that he REALLY doesn't get it. Throwing a punch at a player during a game shows that he doesn't just get in fights when he's drunk. Being ejected and suspended for that punch gives you a preview of what's to come. A lack of player availability due to bad character.

In conclusion...Jenkins has shown me that he isn't quick to pick up on what he's doing wrong, he doesn't care, and he makes poor decisions. 3 kids by 4 different women for crying out loud. HIDE YO KIDS HIDE YO WIFE!

Not what I'm looking for in a 2nd round draft pick.

Bull-corn! Personal experience tells me addicts can change and this guy is nothing close to being addicted more like a guy having a beer or two after work but with the changes in his professional prospects he might have learned something.

He deserves a chance because people can change, besides with his talent can the Colts afford to pass him up?

The difference between having a beer after work and smoking weed are quite different. The chemical dependance between the two are quite different. I'm not saying someone that has smoked weed is going to be an addict nor that once one that was quits will always go back but the chemical dependance of weed is pretty strong. If someone has already risked their career by smoking the stuff and didn't quit after multiple violations and had to leave school what makes you think he can continue to stay off it while trying to play in the NFL. Where your body takes a pounding. Where you have much more downtime, much more money to purchase it, and will undoubtedly face a lot more situations where it will beg for him to go pick it up.

On top of all that he has lied to his past coaches and in interviews most teams say he just doesn't get it. Does that mean we can't turn him around. No but we don't have the luxury to risk on him. If you were a hiring manager and your job was on the line for your unit to perform and to make your quotas you needed everyone working together and you have this guy that has extremely talented skill set but has drug issues which could cause attendance problems would you hire him knowing you could lose YOUR job if you don't make the quotas. I wouldnt. If I was already making the quotas say short handed and the boss said we are going to let you hire one more guy then perhaps I would take a chance but that is not our situation.

I am all for giving him another chance. Someone else can or we can at a lesser cost. In life you have your choices. He made very poor ones and it is costing him. If I was running the league just as I run my business I would say go play in the CFL (another job) for a couple years. Show me you can be clean and an upstanding guy then reapply. Trust me he hasn't learned any lesson yet. Quiting is definately possible but this kid lies about his situations to coaches and evaluators and there is a definate reason he has fallen from consensus second or third CB to off the boards.

I don't claim to know anything other than the fact he has issues. Most everyone is condemning him for using an illegal substance and I am advocating another chance, not silly just open minded.

People are condemning him because he had more than enough issues to get kicked off a team in the SEC. For a player as talented as he is, that takes a lot of 'work'.

I want a player who I'm confident can contribute to the team the next few seasons or more. We have too many holes to roll the dice, let another team with more picks and fewer holes take him (I still think he can go #31 to NE).

What makes you think any pick is a guarantee, all of them are whiffs and potential that's all even Mr luck... Jenkins is a good player and if he's there take him cause the colts need someone opposite powers. If he's not take fleener

You answered your own question Smitto............every pick is already non-guaranteed because you never know how their talents will translate to the NFL. Why compound that uncertainty by adding players that have extremely questionable behaviors, work ethic and drug/alcohol use and/or abuse in their background?

One of them popped hot at the combine...........I mean seriously, it's like you or I showing up for a job interview and popping hot on the drug test that WE KNEW we would be taking? How *ic would you be to STILL smoke that stuff right before the biggest job interview of your life?

If they cannot control those issues for that, then how do you expect them to stay clean and out of trouble once they have that fat contract from the Colts? You can have all the talent in the world but if you get suspended repeatedly for drug/alcohol incidents then they become liabilities and eat up roster spots for other players!

Take him at 34. Ive been on record as wanting Fleener, however the more I think about it who cares if this kid smokes weed you take him. We need a shut down man corner in 3-4 scheme. I really think if he's sitting there in late first round the Pats will take him. Smething tells me 'ole Beli doesn't care about weed smokers either

he has serious off-field issues....

Just say no..

If he can control his issues off the field I see no problem drafting a potential shutdown corner

His talent is strong and his attitude is stronger.....

..but he's the kinda guy who'd get caught at the club with a gun in his glove compartment

...and 3 honeys in the back seat...

...dont bring him to Indy...

His talent is strong and his attitude is stronger.....

..but he's the kinda guy who'd get caught at the club with a gun in his glove compartment

...and 3 honeys in the back seat...

...dont bring him to Indy...

Come on..... you just labeled him like he's a drug dealer or something. The guy had a weed problem he wasn't selling weed.

Come on..... you just labeled him like he's a drug dealer or something. The guy had a weed problem he wasn't selling weed.

His track recir dis what it is...

he's a very hard-headed guy..I know you've read about him....

He's labeled himself...

Just go in another direction...

We dont have a solid foundation right now......We cant take on a wild child

I'll say it again, he had more than enough issues to get kicked off a football team in the SEC. For a player as talented as he is, that takes a lot of 'work'.

Oh, and BTW, I'm laughing at the phrase "weed problem". It's not coke or heroin, the only problem people have with stopping smoking it is they don't want to.

I'll say it again, he had more than enough issues to get kicked off a football team in the SEC. For a player as talented as he is, that takes a lot of 'work'.

Oh, and BTW, I'm laughing at the phrase "weed problem". It's not coke or heroin, the only problem people have with stopping smoking it is they don't want to.

I'm just saying...people act like they are squeaky clean and never experimented with anything when they where young(Liquor, Weed, or Whatever). Some people don't get caught and some do. Don't judge and label the guy for making mistakes early in his life is all I'm saying.

You answered your own question Smitto............every pick is already non-guaranteed because you never know how their talents will translate to the NFL. Why compound that uncertainty by adding players that have extremely questionable behaviors, work ethic and drug/alcohol use and/or abuse in their background?

One of them popped hot at the combine...........I mean seriously, it's like you or I showing up for a job interview and popping hot on the drug test that WE KNEW we would be taking? How *ic would you be to STILL smoke that stuff right before the biggest job interview of your life?

If they cannot control those issues for that, then how do you expect them to stay clean and out of trouble once they have that fat contract from the Colts? You can have all the talent in the world but if you get suspended repeatedly for drug/alcohol incidents then they become liabilities and eat up roster spots for other players!

You do that because of his talent and his potential, just like you pick luck because of his talent and potential... regardless of his rep sheet if he is there its a no brainer because of what he can do.... the colts need that balance and he could be a big part of it.

The difference between having a beer after work and smoking weed are quite different. The chemical dependance between the two are quite different. I'm not saying someone that has smoked weed is going to be an addict nor that once one that was quits will always go back but the chemical dependance of weed is pretty strong. .

I'm sorry, but this is complete and utter nonsense. Marijuana is not chemically addicting in any way shape or form. Booze however, is and destroys far more lives than pot could even dream of.

I'm sorry, but this is complete and utter nonsense. Marijuana is not chemically addicting in any way shape or form. Booze however, is and destroys far more lives than pot could even dream of.

I have to agree with this here. Now before this thread becomes an epside of "American Weeds" I'd like to say we should draft him if he's there. These weed issues can be corrected.

Since when did the Pats passing on a player become the barometer of what another team should do?

A team that needs a corner and in the past hasnt had a problem taking or bringing in a guy with flaws passes on one thats so "talented" its a huge RED flag. Also scouts and NFL teams are getting away from Jenkins only fans want him for their teams.

A team that needs a corner and in the past hasnt had a problem taking or bringing in a guy with flaws passes on one thats so "talented" its a huge RED flag. Also scouts and NFL teams are getting away from Jenkins only fans want him for their teams.

First off, I don't want Jenkins on the Colts. That much I agree with you. But to the point, you give Jenkins a red flag because you don't like his character issues and his track record after you have done your own research and your people tell you to pass. What the Pats do should never factor into the equation. Who cares if they wrote him off? Even moreso, if the Colts decide he is worth the risk, it would be incredibly ignorant to change their mind because the Pats passed.

Well its moot now. I will just wait and see. My opinion of his special talent is that he could be a lock down corner...but I couldn't put my job on the line for him and thus I don't expect the Colts to do so either. Would I like to see him on the squad to see if he could get it together...sure...but perhaps in the third round or trading back up into the second at some point. Not with 34.

That's Cosell's ranking of players based on talent, not a draft order or prediction, as I recall.

No, it is his Mock Draft, as crazy as it sounds. That makes a lot more funny. It's still on NFL.com. Go to MOCK DRAFT CENTRAL, click the button that says "More Projections" and you'll see his ugly mug and his genius picks.

What I didn't notice before are the following picks:

9. Panthers: Michael Floyd

10. Bills: Justin Blackmon (Floyd before Blackmon? Come on)

13. Cardinals: Matt Kalil

25. Broncos: Coby Fleener

I have no idea what this guy is thinking....

No, it is his Mock Draft, as crazy as it sounds. That makes a lot more funny. It's still on NFL.com. Go to MOCK DRAFT CENTRAL, click the button that says "More Projections" and you'll see his ugly mug and his genius picks.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/mock-drafts/greg-cosell/130109

He calls it a mock, but with a lot of rules/caveats. Based on film only (so it isn't exactly talent rank, as I stated, but film assessment, but I'd say that's a pretty decent word choice), he doesn't consider a teams draft board (needs), and character issues don't apply (doesn't matter if the kid is an ax murderer).

It's still insane. But I'll give him some credit - he sure as heck went away from th cookie cutter boards all over the Internet which clearly weren't based on individual thought or effort. It is unique...