Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavin Mock Draft 2023 -- Make your Picks here

16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Ok. I'm off from work tomorrow and may have some time. I like the Google Sheets idea but I am not sure I am able to update them. We can discuss this again tomorrow.

okay, we will work it out, I just have to get it updated with every selection and ensure any trades with draft order changes are properly reflected. 

If someone is available to cross check and ensure updates are done correctly, that would be enough too. 

Gavin's Mock Draft 2023 

Draft Tracker and Big Board 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V_0emwQrSZW3d2clgqdcUZnrW9coKGhc/edit?usp=drivesdk&ouid=106424999949704288912&rtpof=true&sd=true

@RNGDShobby  @Archer  @John Hammonds  @SaturdayAllDay

@coltsfanej  @csmopar  @RollerColt  @ColtsGermany  @CR91  @stitches  @chad72  @Jared Cisneros  @runthepost  @El Potro  @danlhart87  @VikingsFanInChennai  @Mike06181  @TomDiggs   @crazycolt1 @PureLuck  @Defjamz26   @NFLfan

HAPPY DRAFT DAY GMs!!!! 

DON'T FORGET the draft schedule (7 PM EDT today), and If you are not going to be available during the draft hours, please always feel free to send the list of draft prospects you'd like to draft for your team for the upcoming draft slot(s). 

Please go to the link and have the Google Sheet open during the draft, for instant updates on draft selection and big board of top 500 draft prospects. 

If anyone has time today before the draft, please double-check if the draft order looks correct. Only trade so far has not been updated there yet, and I will do it shortly, so right now it should reflect the NFL draft order as is currently. 

No permission has been given to anyone, and only I can edit right now. Please check if you can view all 3 sheets. 

First sheet has all the picks in draft order. I have to update Colts - Cardinals trade yet, so it should look exactly like NFL draft order now. 

Second sheet gets updated automatically - picks by each team. 

Third sheet has list of top 500 draft prospects in order.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Thank you for quickly checking out, I realized I had not given enough permission. 

I have updated now that any one with this link can now access the sheet, but can only view. 

Can you recheck now. 

I was able to access it on Firefox, not Chrome, but I think it is an individual matter (my issue).

Thanks!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

that's not bad. 

I wanted to ask you, I followed a while on the board as it went on, but couldn't find the draft order and selections. 

Is there a web page with full list of draft selections that we could check now from that mock draft in The Den forum? 

Theres a thread. 

https://thedenforum.com/t/official-rd-3-with-1st-and-2nd-results/22433/269

Man!!! Lions pick at 6.. if we cant trade back is going to be hard…

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I wonder if @coltsfanej is ready for his fellow Colts fans' praise and/or backlash.

I will always remember the reaction of Colts fans when the Colts GM drafted Keanu Neal in the inaugural year of the Gavin Mock Draft. 

Did Dustin pick him that year? Little fuzzy on who was picking for the Colts at that time.

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Thank You. I forgot who it was lol. I remember a lot of people didn't like Neal and he turned out to be pretty good.

He turned out to be very good. He took the criticism personally but he turned out to be right. Fans wanted Ryan Kelly, IIRC.

This is supposed to be fun. Thankfully I never got the chance to draft Jake Fromm. :facepalm:  I would tell @stitches that I liked Fromm and I think he silently laughed at me. haha

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

He turned out to be very good. He took the criticism personally but he turned out to be right. Fans wanted Ryan Kelly, IIRC.

This is supposed to be fun. Thankfully I never got the chance to draft Jake Fromm. :facepalm:  I would tell @stitches that I liked Fromm and I think he silently laughed at me. haha

Yeah, I remember you liked Fromm. 

I drafted for Seahawks last year in Gavin Mock Draft, and traded up to draft Malik Willis... guess I should have been banned from picking for Hawks again  :D

36 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

:D I think my best case comp for him was Kirk Cousins... so... I know why you liked him so much :P 

10 minutes ago, Mike06181 said:

Thank you i picked for the colts in that draft. Much easier than picking for lions will be in this draft.

The Lions have a lot of picks. They can go so many ways; I think that makes it easier than when you have fewer picks and must hit on your picks.

They are making lots of great moves up there.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I wonder if @coltsfanej is ready for his fellow Colts fans' praise and/or backlash.

I will always remember the reaction of Colts fans when the Colts GM drafted Keanu Neal in the inaugural year of the Gavin Mock Draft. 

I’m not sweating it. With picking this early there is going to be backlash regardless of the pick.  Not many have reacted to the trade. I am interested to see what people think about the move up to 3. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, coltsfanej said:

I’m not sweating it. With picking this early there is going to be backlash regardless of the pick.  Not many have reacted to the trade. I am interested to see what people think about the move up to 3. 

If you have a player you don't want getting away, make the trade. It is your draft. There is nothing to sweat.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Jared, are you ready for the second pick? @ColtsGermany will pick in a few hours. Then the spotlight is on you and the Colts GM.

I have not seen @John Hammonds

I’m ready with my top 3 choices for whichever is there at 3.  Are we doing slotted times like last year? It may have already been posted and I missed  it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coltsfanej said:

I’m ready with my top 3 choices for whichever is there at 3.  Are we doing slotted times like last year? It may have already been posted and I missed  it. 

No, we will give ten minutes after every pick. 

if adding slots would help everyone know their time to login, that would be great, we can do that from day 2?

@NFLfan did we follow time slots for each pick for all rounds last year? 

• Like 1

@VikingsFanInChennai - are you creating a separate thread per Round with the first post pinned for an update of the picks with the help of @NFLfan?

People always like to comment, hence a thread for strictly just picks and a thread for strictly just trades works best to minimize clutter for you and everyone. For example, I don't even know what trade the Colts made, without perusing tens of posts.

EDIT: Never mind, you are managing it all with the Google Docs, great idea!! :) 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@VikingsFanInChennai - are you creating a separate thread per Round with the first post pinned for an update of the picks with the help of @NFLfan?

we discussed of having it in same thread as the big board is taken out to spreadsheet shared online, that gives us space in this thread to make draft selections for all rounds and have discussions all in one place. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chad72 said:

People always like to comment, hence a thread for strictly just picks and a thread for strictly just trades works best to minimize clutter for you and everyone. For example, I don't even know what trade the Colts made, without perusing tens of posts.

EDIT: Never mind, you are managing it all with the Google Docs, great idea!! :) 

Are you able to update the Google Docs? I'm having a hard time.

1 hour ago, coltsfanej said:

I think it tells about your approach (not leaving to chances) and how you view the players at top (there must be someone to move up) .. 

It's a good exercise to do differently than what is in actual draft currently for Colts, just so we can see how it pans out. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Are you able to update the Google Docs? I'm having a hard time.

Yes, I think initially it was little confusing, but once we see only steps we need to do, I guess it's manageable. 

For example, updating the player name in PICK column is enough, I'd I prefer including position as well (as I'm not familiar with all players this year). 

Third sheet, we only need to add a strike over already drafted players, or add a certain color. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

No, we will give ten minutes after every pick. 

if adding slots would help everyone know their time to login, that would be great, we can do that from day 2?

@NFLfan did we follow time slots for each pick for all rounds last year? 

Yes, that way folks knew when to be here to make picks. It worked out very well last year. I modified what East Street had recommended the year before.

When we did it last year, if a GM was not here at their time slot, I moved on to the next person after ten min. Sometimes GMs picked late. At the end of the night, whichever teams were without picks, we chose consensus picks.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Yes, that way folks knew when to be here to make picks. It worked out very well last year. I modified what East Street had recommended the year befor. 

When we did it last year, if a GM was not here at their time slot, I moved on to the next person. Sometimes GMs picked late. At the end of the night, whichever teams were without picks, we chose consensus picks.

okay, Ten minutes for each slot to begin with. 

Should we reduce the time slot to 5 minutes in later rounds, say from round 4? 

4 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

okay, Ten minutes for each slot to begin with. 

Should we reduce the time slot to 5 minutes in later rounds, say from round 4? 

Let's see how it works out. I think we do not need time slots today if everyone is here. Folks tend to be excited for rounds 1 and 2 and will not want to miss their pick.  The later rounds require more managing.

• Like 1