Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavin Mock Draft 2023 -- Make your Picks here

Yes, I think the right thing to do is to end  the mock draft with results published until the end of Round 5, as all picks had been made in that round. We shall not continue any further. 

Thank you everyone for making 2023 Gavin's mock draft entertaining and successful. Don't forget to recap, when you get time, on the players drafted for each of your team. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Yes, I think the right thing to do is to end  the mock draft with results published until the end of Round 5, as all picks had been made in that round. We shall not continue any further. 

Thank you everyone for making 2023 Gavin's mock draft entertaining and successful. Don't forget to recap, when you get time, on the players drafted for each of your team. 

Alright. Fair enough. I'll do a recap when I can. Thanks for setting this up and allowing us to have fun!

• Thanks 1

Here are my picks: 

Texans: 

Pick 2: CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio State

Pick 12: Tyree Wilson, EDGE, Texas Tech

Pick 33: John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota

Pick 64: DJ Turner, CB, Michigan

Pick 65: Jack Campbell, ILB, Iowa

Pick 104: Marvin Mims, WR, Oklahoma

I wanted to build a solid foundation of draft picks around the Texans. This is their future. Stroud is the franchise QB, Tyree Wilson is the elite EDGE for now and when Jerry Hughes leaves, John Michael Schmitz is the top C in the draft and can fort the O-Line for 10 years, DJ Turner has 4.26 speed and can play slot for the Texans, Jack Campbell is the best LBer in the class IMO, he may not start immediately as LBer is a strong position for the Texans, but he'll fight for the job. Finally, Marvin Mims can battle to start right away for the Texans at WR. Depending on the condition of John Metchie, Mims may start immediately as a 4th round pick.

• Like 4

Browns Draft Class:

1) DL Tuli Tuipulotu

2) LB Nick Hampton

3) Edge Isaiah McGuire

4) DT Karl Brooks

5) LG Chandler Zavala

6) NCB Jartavious Martin

7) CB Jarrick Bernard-Converse

8) would of been TE Josh Whyle 

The Browns already have one of the best rosters in the NFL.  The offensive line is of of the best led by Pro Bowl guards Joel Bitonio and Wyatt Teller while center Ethan Pocic was another standout.  Running back Nick 
Chubb has averaged more yards per carry than any other back since 2018.  Former passing champ Deshaun Watson should thrive this year with Amari Cooper, Donovan Peoples-Jones, new slot receiver Elijah Moore, and David Njoku.

Defensively is where the Browns need help the most.  Hiring Super Bowl winning DC Jim Schwartz should help turn around a Club that finished 23rd in defense last season.  Free agency additions of DT Dalvin Tomlinson, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, and safety Juan Thornhill is a start in the right direction to make the playoffs.  

After firing/replacing the Browns draftee and taking defensive lineman Tuli Tuipulotu with the first pick in Round 3 after trading away first round picks for QB Deshaun Watson with the Texans.  Already adding Dalvin Tomlinson in free agency I would personally have looked to replace free agent running back Kareem Hunt with Tyjae Spears who was still on the board.  The Browns next drafted LB Nick Hampton and am not sure of his role after the Browns resigned Anthony Walker Jr and already have a stud in Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (JOK).

After taking over for the Browns draft class this team is built to win now.  Selecting Edge Isaiah McGuire (Missouri) should push FA Okoronkwo for starting time immediately.  Jordan Elliot RDT is not a long-term answer and the Browns took DT Karl Brooks (Bowling Green) who excelled at the Senior Bowl and should create a solid tandem next to Tomlinson.  Backup LG Chandler Zavala (NC St) helps add depth behind Bitonio who is not getting any younger and is in his 30's.  Nickle CB Jartavious Martin (Illinois) should get the start over Mike Ford.  Martin excelled in stopping the run game and going against Baltimore twice a year is a must to help shut down Lamar Jackson.  The Browns continued to add to their defense and selected Jarrick Bernard-Converse (LSU).  Jarrick blew away his pro day and have been hearing his name as a late riser potentially being draft in Rounds 2 or 3.  He started 47 consective games for Oklahoma State before transferring to LSU.  Oklahoma State faced off with some of the best passing attacks during that time frame.  The Browns already have a solid DB group with Greg Newsome II who had a 69.1 PFF grade and backup Martin Emerson Jr stepped up with a 72.5 grade with Denzel Ward struggling this year falling off with a 56.8 grade from his 76.9 grade in 2021.

Added my next draft pick that was coming up in TE Josh Whyle (Cincinnati).  The Browns are lacking a solid #2 TE behind Njoku.  Instead of Nick Hampton I would have tried drafting TE Jack Kuntz (Old Dominion) but getting Josh Whyle this late would be a great addition.

Thank you for allowing me to take over for the Brown.  Had a fun time doing this even if it was for the other Ohio team I hear booed a lot around these parts living in southern Ohio.

• Like 3

My other team.

Buffalo Bills:

Pick 34: Jordan Addison, WR, USC

Pick 52: Steve Avila, G/C, TCU

Pick 91: Tyjae Spears, RB, Tulane

Pick 96: Henry To'o To'o, ILB, Alabama

Pick 137: Sydney Brown, S, Illinois

This draft worked well with two trades. One moving down, and another moving up. This was the best possible draft I think the Bills could have gotten IMO. 5 possible starters with limited draft capital and creative trading. Addison can fill in for Mckenzie, Avila is a starter on the O-Line, Spears will get a nice role on offense at RB, To'o To'o can be an immediate starter at ILB after losing Edmunds, and Sydney Brown is a really solid S that's an elite athlete (though there was good news on the Damar Hamlin front since this pick, which could affect his playing time in this hypothetical mock draft). I wouldn't change anything about these 5 picks.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Here are my picks: 

Texans: 

I wanted to build a solid foundation of draft picks around the Texans. This is their future. Stroud is the franchise QB, Tyree Wilson is the elite EDGE for now and when Jerry Hughes leaves, John Michael Schmitz is the top C in the draft and can fort the O-Line for 10 years, DJ Turner has 4.26 speed and can play slot for the Texans, Jack Campbell is the best LBer in the class IMO, he may not start immediately as LBer is a strong position for the Texans, but he'll fight for the job. Finally, Marvin Mims can battle to start right away for the Texans at WR. Depending on the condition of John Metchie, Mims may start immediately as a 4th round pick.

I like it a lot, immediate starters every one of them

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

My other team.

Buffalo Bills:

Pick 34: Jordan Addison, WR, USC

Pick 52: Steve Avila, G/C, TCU

Pick 91: Tyjae Spears, RB, Tulane

Pick 96: Henry To'o To'o, ILB, Alabama

Pick 137: Sydney Brown, S, Illinois

This draft worked well with two trades. One moving down, and another moving up. This was the best possible draft I think the Bills could have gotten IMO. 5 possible starters with limited draft capital and creative trading. Addison can fill in for Mckenzie, Avila is a starter on the O-Line, Spears will get a nice role on offense at RB, To'o To'o can be an immediate starter at ILB after losing Edmunds, and Sydney Brown is a really solid S that's an elite athlete (though there was good news on the Damar Hamlin front since this pick, which could affect his playing time in this hypothetical mock draft). I wouldn't change anything about these 5 picks.

With P74 for the Browns I would have taken RB Spears doubted he would have been available at P98

• Like 2

Giants Selections:

31 Quentin Johnson, WR, TCU

57 Luke WYPLER, C, Ohio State

89 Terrell Smith, CB, Minnesota

95 Xavier Hutchinson, WR, Iowa state

128 DeWayne McBride, RB, UAB

160 Jason Taylor II, S, Oklahoma State

I think Giants fans would be happy with this draft. 2 starters in Johnston and Wypler. Hutchinson is a sleeper that should push their other wideouts for playing time early.

Ravens picks:

22 Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland

86 Nick Saldiveri, OG Old Dominion

124 Bryce Ford-Wheaton, WR, West Virginia

157 Jalen Redmond, DT, Oklahoma

Not too sexy here. Ravens didn’t have a lot of picks. In hindsight I wonder if I should have traded back at 22. Banks and Saldiveri can start though. Wheaton is a developmental player like Myles Boykin who they drafted a few years back. The Ravens on paper are a good team without a lot of glaring needs though. Their WR room is weak but they added OBJ who will join Bateman who looks solid when healthy.  Plus they have Andrews at TE.

• Like 2

NE Patriots

I love drafting for the Patriots and then watch them do something much less productive:

image.png.795789f56c5025eb325b813ad9e6441b.png

Branch wasn't drafted by me, since I forgot the first night of the draft; however, it satisfies BB's unquenchable thirst for safeties, and he's versatile to play a little slot CB too.  Breeland is very under-rated IMO, and I think he's get drafted by mid 2nd - he's a future starting OT.  Scott might be their best WR soon.  I've disliked the team's DLs for some time, and this is a chance to get some needed youth in there.  Diaby is a huge steal in the 6th...

Jacksonville Jaguars

image.png.56fe22b44805919f45b4652a69d8b16c.png

Just trying to fill holes and get good value with the Jags.  I really think their interior OL was poor las year, but I didn't get around to it until the 4th.  Stromberg should be a valuable player, even as a rookie.  Ojukwu is a favorite sleeper of mine, and he could play inside or out, probably...

• Like 1

Detroit lions

6Jalen Carter, DT, Georgia

18Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas 

48Clark Phillips III, CB, Utah

55Cody Mauch, G/OL, North Dakota State

81Noah Sewell, ILB, Oregon

152dorian thompson-robinson qb ucla

159Luke Schoonmaker, TE, Michigan

183Ji'Ayir Brown, S, Penn State

194 calab murphy edge ferris st

For the lions it was true bpa. Carter if his head is on straight is a game changer at dt, bijan is a decade best type rb, phillips can learn the slot, mauch slots in at rg with flexibility, the rest are all talented backups for now.

la rams

36Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma 

69Eli Ricks, CB, Alabama

77Zach Harrison, EDGE, OSU

167mohamoud diabete, ILB, utah

171Charlie Jones, WR, Purdue

177Jon Gaines, OG, UCLA

182Cory Trice, CB, Purdue

189Hunter Luepke, FB, North Dakota

191Stetson Bennett, QB, Georgia

the rams needed to protect stafford and get a cb.

they did that and also grabbed some young talent for the defense 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 10:55 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Here are my picks: 

Texans: 

If they had a draft like that I would be shocked. That is the most solid draft I've see in any mock this year anywhere!

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it’s been decided if there’s gonna be a Gavin mock draft this year or not, but sadly with my current schedule and workload the next 5-6 weeks, I just won’t have the time to participate this year. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

Not sure if it’s been decided if there’s gonna be a Gavin mock draft this year or not, but sadly with my current schedule and workload the next 5-6 weeks, I just won’t have the time to participate this year. 

Looking forward to have 2024 Gavin's Mock Draft surely this year, and hoping guys are equally interested and have little more time to spend here.

You'll be missed, you helped as a mod as well last year. Thanks for the early notice, let us know if things change favorably for the draft timing, which will be around a month from now. 

• Like 1

• NFLfan unpinned this topic