Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavin Mock Draft 2023 -- Make your Picks here

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am assuming you would have took AR at #3 with Young and Stroud off the board. We agree that Levis is the worst out of the 4. I would have been interested to see your other Colts picks.

Actually, I would have stayed at 4. I don't think anyone here would have traded up to 3 tbh. @crazycolt1 doesn't seem like the aggressive type to trade from 11 to 3, and the only real threat, IMO, was the Raiders, and I would have risked it to keep my picks. 

I would have taken Richardson at 4, yes.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 6:25 PM, coltsfanej said:

With the 3rd pick in the official 2023 NFL Mock Draft, the Indianapolis Colts make a statement on direction of the future as well as constitutional rights…

Anthony Richardson QB Florida 

SB Nation is having a similar mock draft with their writers selecting players for their teams. The representative of Stampede Blue (Colts) made the same pick you did. He wrote:

No. 4: Colts select Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida

His floor?

It could be really bad. He has very little starting experience at Florida and will likely need time to adjust to the NFL game and the complexity of NFL schemes. His accuracy has been discussed consistently. Those reviewing the tape often conclude that those issues are overstated, but perhaps that’s easy to do with such an impressive athlete. ...

His ceiling? Lamar Jackson joined Tom Brady as a unanimous NFL MVP in his second season. Richardson is unlikely to get to that level so fast, but he is bigger and stronger than Jackson, has the same kind of athleticism, has a bigger arm than Jackson, and could become a better player than Jackson. If Jackson won an MVP, it’s not outlandish to suggest that if Richardson reaches his ceiling, he could be one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL for a long time.

- Brett Mock, Stampede Blue

https://www.sbnation.com/2023/4/3/23668257/2023-nfl-mock-draft-sb-nation-cj-stroud-bryce-young-will-anderson-anthony-richardson?_gl=1*gkl65c*

Note: they are only up to #20 and Levis has not been selected yet, unless I missed it.

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

SB Nation is having a similar mock draft with their writers selecting players for their teams. The representative of Stampede Blue (Colts) made the same pick you did. He wrote:

https://www.sbnation.com/2023/4/3/23668257/2023-nfl-mock-draft-sb-nation-cj-stroud-bryce-young-will-anderson-anthony-richardson?_gl=1*gkl65c*

Note: they are only up to #20 and Levis has not been selected yet, unless I missed it.

Will Levis is going to be shouting one day, "HOW YOU LIKE THAT?" after beating a bad team like Commanders. 

2 hours ago, Mike06181 said:

Is draft over? Was hoping we were doing rd 5

they posted that we were taking a break for the weekend and resuming monday night officially.

and that unofficially we could keep going if whoever was on the clock wanted to pick over the weekend. but there was no obligation to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I agree with his take on potential, but I think his low floor I’ve heard many state is overstated. I think his athleticism actually gives him a pretty decent floor. 

23 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Actually, I would have stayed at 4. I don't think anyone here would have traded up to 3 tbh. @crazycolt1 doesn't seem like the aggressive type to trade from 11 to 3, and the only real threat, IMO, was the Raiders, and I would have risked it to keep my picks. 

I would have taken Richardson at 4, yes.

It our original trade talks in moving up from 4 to 3, we thought future picks could be involved. At that point I was not willing to match his price to compete with other offers and was going to stay put with the compensation I offered.  Then when we found out that no future picks could be offered, I knew that turned the tables in my favor that he wouldn’t trade down for me to get jumped, but since I had already made an offer, I didn’t want back out of the deal I had offered. So I allowed my future pick to be a pick this year and continued with the trade. 

If future picks had been allowed, I believe I would have been jumped by someone coming up to 3. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@VikingsFanInChennai - you forgot to pick Zaach Pickens, DT, South Carolina for Cowboys at pick No.129 based on my PM’ed picks, so I’ll go ahead and specify it here. :) 

For some reason, Google sheets isn't giving me any privilege for past several hours to edit and clearing cache or rebooting doesn't help. 

Maybe, some one else having access needs to close... 

Can you pick #145 as well, I think Dallas Cowboys are on the clock now. 

1 hour ago, coltsfanej said:

It our original trade talks in moving up from 4 to 3, we thought future picks could be involved. At that point I was not willing to match his price to compete with other offers and was going to stay put with the compensation I offered.  Then when we found out that no future picks could be offered, I knew that turned the tables in my favor that he wouldn’t trade down for me to get jumped, but since I had already made an offer, I didn’t want back out of the deal I had offered. So I allowed my future pick to be a pick this year and continued with the trade. 

If future picks had been allowed, I believe I would have been jumped by someone coming up to 3. 

Animated GIF

1 hour ago, coltsfanej said:

That's fair enough. I agree too, that if future picks were allowed, you would have been jumped. However, with our unique rules of only being able to trade this years picks, no one would have jumped you besides the Raiders IMO. I understand where you are coming from with the original trade talks though.

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

For some reason, Google sheets isn't giving me any privilege for past several hours to edit and clearing cache or rebooting doesn't help. Maybe, some one else having access needs to close... 

Who else has access? Is it @NFLfan? It is best for 1 person to have access so that the others can open it exclusively just in View Only mode.

27 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Who else has access? Is it @NFLfan? It is best for 1 person to have access so that the others can open it exclusively just in View Only mode.

I have not accessed them since Wednesday or Thursday and I did not create them. So, I cannot give or remove access to them.

Is there anything I should do?

3 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

For some reason, Google sheets isn't giving me any privilege for past several hours to edit and clearing cache or rebooting doesn't help. 

As I wrote in the message above, I have not accessed those Google Sheets since Wednesday night or Thursday.

When I was updating the Sheets for this Gavin Mock Draft on Monday and Tuesday, I noticed that if an hour or two passed before I tried editing again, it would suddenly show as "view only" and would not allow me to edit. (You know this because I informed you of this via PM when it happened.) This seems similar to when my computer or smart phone falls asleep and won't give me access until I sign in again. I was able to gain editing access again after I completely closed out of Google Sheets and opened them again. It would show that those Google sheets were opening up using my email address. I was then able to edit. It would also tell me who had accessed the sheets and when I last accessed them. I would see that you and I were active at the same time and we both could edit.

I think if you close out of Google Sheets altogether and open them again using your email address, you will gain editing access again. That is what worked for me. (I also cleared cache from the app's storage but I don't believe that is what gave me access.)

37 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

@SaturdayAllDay on the clock now.

@crazycolt1  up next for Tennessee Titans.

@csmopar  I wasn't able to pick for Bears as I was traveling, you can go ahead and make your selection for only picks that have been missed so far - #133 & #136. Bears pick is coming up again after the Titans pick. 

Ok give me a few. I didn’t think we was restarting until 7pm est tonight

3 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

@SaturdayAllDay on the clock now.

@crazycolt1  up next for Tennessee Titans.

@csmopar  I wasn't able to pick for Bears as I was traveling, you can go ahead and make your selection for only picks that have been missed so far - #133 & #136. Bears pick is coming up again after the Titans pick. 

@VikingsFanInChennai

bears select at 133- Jayden Reed WR

at 136- Mekhi Garner- CB

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the draft after a short break for the weekend. 

We are resuming draft hours now at 7 PM EDT. 

If you are willing to go on for rounds 6 and 7, we can look to spend another couple of days and get full draft picks taken. 

If you would not like to go on for all rounds, let us know if it's okay to take BPA or have consensus picks. 

We have got tremendous participation this year, having completed 4+ rounds in just a week and we are now stepping into week 2. Thank you for making it possible. 

@RNGDShobby@Archer, @John Hammonds

• Like 2