Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bubba might be leaving

GoColts8818

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Dang was hoping no news was good news. Should be blocking this interview since it's a lateral move. Irsay probably made him mad with the Saturday interim HC hiring, and Ballard isn't stopping him from leaving from what it looks like. Decker and Bubba are leaving in the span of a few days most likely, and although I hate Reich, Steichen is by no means an upgrade over Reich as a HC until we see it 100% on the field. Losing Bubba would only make that less likely IMO.

So, this is pretty terrible honestly. I'm going to assume we lose him until I hear otherwise. 

Are you usually this anxiety ridden? 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I wouldn’t assume that. Players tweet stuff like this all the time and people assume stuff it isn’t about.

You wouldn't.  Yet you posted it and insinuated it..... Lol.   

As for Mr. Cisneros.....  You do realize that when a HC is hired, especially from outside the org.  That usually very few, if any, coaches are retained from the old staff.... it's actually pretty unusual if Steichen keeps the DC, ST coordinator, and some of the offensive assistants like Wayne, etc....  And a guy like Decker?  His position wasn't even subordinate to coaching, it was a Front office spot ... So not under the purview of Steichen....  Your stressed reaction is odd, I hope you're ok!!

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I mean, from what I heard, he blocked Gus Bradley. Also, we have every right to block Bubba from lateral moves until his contract is up. Bubba doesn't have leverage here. Ballard is just giving in to him. Just feels like this team is falling apart, and it's due to a bad owner. We are now suffering for our sins with Saturday and feeling the side effects of Irsay's decision. 

Bubba may be butt hurt over not getting the interim job or even the HC job. Sometimes if someone is unhappy with their job, the best thing a manager can do is allow that person to leave if they so choose. 

51 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Bubba may be butt hurt over not getting the interim job or even the HC job. Sometimes if someone is unhappy with their job, the best thing a manager can do is allow that person to leave if they so choose. 

Do you imagine the Colts would have received heck for hiring a special teams coach with zero head coaching experience?

16 minutes ago, Myles said:

Do you imagine the Colts would have received heck for hiring a special teams coach with zero head coaching experience?

Nope he wouldn't have, Bubba has at least coached in the NFL for several years with different teams.

On 2/21/2023 at 8:10 AM, philba101 said:

If his eventual goal is to be a head coach, he knows that is not likely to happen in Indy anytime soon seeing that he was passed over as a HC candidate twice in a 6 month period. I agree this would be a bad loss for the Colts but I can't say I blame him completely.

Agreed completely. Will miss him but good for him.

On 2/21/2023 at 10:53 AM, gspdx said:

Why would he be upset that he didn't get the coaching job here?  How often does a coach on a team become the HC?  That doesn't seem to be the norm so why would someone expect it?  

You have to take the totality of the whole situation in to account. Franks gets fire and bubba should have been named interim. Even doe it wasn’t the ideal situation he was by passed for a guy on the street who didn’t have any NFL / college coaching experience. Then you have the owner come out and say it no one on staff that could have done the job other than Jeff. That a slap in the face of a coach who wants to be a HC at some point 

On 2/21/2023 at 11:10 AM, philba101 said:

If his eventual goal is to be a head coach, he knows that is not likely to happen in Indy anytime soon seeing that he was passed over as a HC candidate twice in a 6 month period. I agree this would be a bad loss for the Colts but I can't say I blame him completely.

His leaving us could also backfire... I assume the Browns have poor STs, since they are looking to replace their ST coach. Now if Ventrone comes over, and should the Cleveland ST unit fail to improve, then Bubba would probably not be in demand for many upcoming HC openings

19 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

His leaving us could also backfire... I assume the Browns have poor STs, since they are looking to replace their ST coach. Now if Ventrone comes over, and should the Cleveland ST unit fail to improve, then Bubba would probably not be in demand for many upcoming HC openings

So a highly gifted ST coach with aspirations to be a HC would be afraid of the challenge. Can't buy that one.

17 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

So a highly gifted ST coach with aspirations to be a HC would be afraid of the challenge. Can't buy that one.

All I am saying is, maybe his chances of becoming a HC, are better staying with Indianapolis, than moving along to Cleveland.

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Stephen Holder was asked about addition assistant coaches and he has heard one name fans will be very familiar with. Wouldn’t say who until he gets more confirmation.

What's the deal with those Colts reporters whose job is to report news but instead of reporting they just say "well, I know something, but I won't tell you"? 

Just now, stitches said:

What's the deal with those Colts reporters whose job is to report news but instead of reporting they just say "well, I know something, but I won't tell you"? 

Because their source may be offering the info for background.   It is not ready to be revealed publicly.   What if a possible deal falls through?   This is not uncommon.   A source will dry up if the information is revealed irresponsibly.   

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Because their source may be offering the info for background.   It is not ready to be revealed publicly.   What if a possible deal falls through?   This is not uncommon.   A source will dry up if the information is revealed irresponsibly.   

Yes, I don't mind that part, I completely understand some information that is not confirmed shouldn't be reported. But he didn't just not report it. He had to tell us that he actually knows something and make a vague allusion to what he's talking about and still say nothing. In other words - he contributed NOTHING to his readers/audience, but he got to tell them that he's in the know without actually saying anything. 

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

1.  They don’t want to betray sources so they don’t report everything they hear.  No reporter does.

2.  They don’t want to be wrong.  Like Holder said here he needs more confirmation before reporting it.  This is the biggest difference in guys like Holder who is legit reporter and someone on twitter pretending to be one.  Often the later just reports anything they hear which leads to them being wrong a lot which is why they have little credibility.  Real reporters often make sure they hear it either straight from the horses mouth (no pun intended) or get it confirmed by two or three legit sources.  

Just now, stitches said:

Yes, I don't mind that part, I completely understand some information that is not confirmed shouldn't be reported. But he didn't just no report it. He had to tell us that he actually knows something and make a vague allusion to what he's talking about and still say nothing. In other words - he contributed NOTHING to his readers/audience, but he got to tell them that he's in the know without actually saying anything. 

They  asked him a specific question. Wanted to know if he had any  info on any other coaches.

11 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yes, I don't mind that part, I completely understand some information that is not confirmed shouldn't be reported. But he didn't just not report it. He had to tell us that he actually knows something and make a vague allusion to what he's talking about and still say nothing. In other words - he contributed NOTHING to his readers/audience, but he got to tell them that he's in the know without actually saying anything. 

Huh?   He’s trying to tell Colts fans that they’re MIGHT be good news in the pipeline.   I don’t see that as NOTHING.  

I don’t even understand this topic?   Posts like this are made every off-season.   Information sometimes comes out in dribs and drabs.   It’s not always an official announcement.   What Holder did has been done dozens of times before.  I think this is a big Nothing Burger. 

Honestly. 

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?   He’s trying to tell Colts fans that they’re MIGHT be good news in the pipeline.   I don’t see that as NOTHING.  

I don’t even understand this topic?   Posts like this are made every off-season.   Information sometimes comes out in dribs and drabs.   It’s not always an official announcement.   What Holder did has been done dozens of times before.  I think this is a big Nothing Burger. 

Honestly. 

I guess this type of behavior from reporters is a pet peeve of mine. I don't like the whole "I know something, and when it happens you will be amazed, but I won't tell you what it is" thing... Either tell us what you have or don't say anything if you can't say anything. 

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

I guess this type of behavior from reporters is a pet peeve of mine. I don't like the whole "I know something, and when it happens you will be amazed, but I won't tell you what it is" thing... Either tell us what you have or don't say anything if you can't say anything. 

I think you’re reading way WAY too much into this and taking it personally.   Look at the thread….   There are other posters saying similar things to what I’m saying.  

He’s not trying to do anything negative, he’s trying to hint at something potentially positive.   He’ll reveal more info the moment he can.  

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Well, for starters, that's not what he said. He said he heard something he hadn't been able to verify yet. That's what a good reporter does - verify the information. You're just mad he won't spill every rumor he hears.

8 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Irsay should be giving him a nice raise to stick around.  Guys like Rodgers and Speed were drafted because of Bubba. Bubba fought hard for Rodgers.  Flowers made the final cuts because of Bubba too.  

If they are trying to keep him I think it’s a safe bet they offered him more money.

Archived