Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

To me its Young>Stroud>>>Levis.  Will wasnt even very good in college and that would scare me as a top 4 pick.  

The cons- Bryce is small, CJ could be mediocre and Will may never be any good period

Pros- Bryce is really talented already and could put a team in win now mode.  CJ has a pretty good floor and is unlikely to be down right bad.  Levis has the tools to be great

Trading back a few spots and taking Levis would be the most Ballard move ever

23 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There if is

Haven't read any other posts beyond this yet, but this is great news. We don't have to trade up now no matter what most likely. If the Texans trade up to 1, the Bears still take Anderson at 2. If the Bears stay at 1, they take Anderson. We may have to trade up to 3 to secure Young or Stroud, but if we want Levis, we will get him at 4 without a trade up now, and I can respect taking him at 4 if you like him and don't feel there is enough difference between the 3 to move up and trade valuable draft capital.

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Not to worry. We are going to 1. 

No guarantee we are in Top 5 again to be in this position where we dont give up a future No.1 (most likely here if players involved)

Anywhere in the 6-10 range, we will have to give up a future No.1, tomorrow is not guaranteed

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

To me its Young>Stroud>>>Levis.  Will wasnt even very good in college and that would scare me as a top 4 pick.  

The cons- Bryce is small, CJ could be mediocre and Will may never be any good period

Pros- Bryce is really talented already and could put a team in win now mode.  CJ has a pretty good floor and is unlikely to be down right bad.  Levis has the tools to be great

I'm not so sure about that. Levis' detractors want to dismiss the "inconvenient truth" that he simply didn't have the surrounding cast at UK. But when you watch the tape, so many times he just doesn't have open receivers to throw to. This was a constant theme in 2022. And he was one of the most pressured quarterbacks in college football.

IMO, Levis has the best overall COMBINATION of skills and traits--size, athleticism, passing skills (throwing motion, touch, arm strength, throwing his receivers open, etc.). He really only needs to improve in one area: turnovers. There's no reason to think he can't do that with proper coaching. He's THE prototypical QB and the safest pick IMO, and I'd be excited if the Colts got him.

19 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

if colts don’t want young they still need to move up. Because stroud and Levis could go before they pick. Arizona could trade down along with Chicago.

the price to move up may be to high for the new ballard and he will take best player left at 4 and it could be no team wants to trade down, or they all might want to trade down because there is no sure thing pick at qb. ballard said it has to be the right qb not just any qb. i can see us getting anderson or a top receiver at number one and hooker later

Just now, OLD FAN MAN said:

the price to move up may be to high for the new ballard and he will take best player left at 4 and it could be no team wants to trade down, or they all might want to trade down because there is no sure thing pick at qb. ballard said it has to be the right qb not just any qb. i can see us getting anderson or a top receiver at number one and hooker later

If Ballard has one of them he likes above the rest he will move up.

10 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

im hoping brock purdy wins the super bowl so trey lance is traded .    that will help if the raiders or another desperate team trades for him .  less competition for us

He doesn’t even have to win to earn the job. As far as I’m concerned he’s basically already got it. If he wins one more playoff game that should be more than enough in Shanahan’s eyes. The kid is poised and makes plays. Doesn’t seem lost or phased at all. 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If Ballard has one of them he likes above the rest he will move up.

ballard is not stubborn anymore and will use free agency more, imo he will be the gm we hoped he would be and will have us an elite starting qb next season and a rookie qb to groom and maybe not any of this forums top 3. 

17 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Haven't read any other posts beyond this yet, but this is great news. We don't have to trade up now no matter what most likely. If the Texans trade up to 1, the Bears still take Anderson at 2. If the Bears stay at 1, they take Anderson. We may have to trade up to 3 to secure Young or Stroud, but if we want Levis, we will get him at 4 without a trade up now, and I can respect taking him at 4 if you like him and don't feel there is enough difference between the 3 to move up and trade valuable draft capital.

It's possible,after the combine and personal workouts, Levi's becomes the #1'QB selected.

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

It's possible,after the combine and personal workouts, Levi's becomes the #1'QB selected.

ballard may have a qb in mind that no one is hyped about. ballard is fighting for his job and will finally bring in some game changers no matter the method, trades, free agents or draft. we probably wont start a rookie qb next season.

4 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

ballard may have a qb in mind that no one is hyped about. ballard is fighting for his job and will finally bring in some game changers no matter the method, trades, free agents or draft. we probably wont start a rookie qb next season.

Given the quarterback carousel over the last 5 years, the rarity of having a top-4 pick, the pressing need for a franchise QB, the fact that Ballard's days are numbered, and Irsay's strong desire to not suck, I highly doubt the Colts won't take one of the top-3 quarterbacks available. And if they do, I really don't see them letting him sit on the sidelines. If the Colts get Levis, does anyone see him sitting on the sidelines? That's just not going to happen.

CJ STROUD:

"He leaves Ohio State as one of the most prolific passers in school history. He’s Ohio State’s career leader in passer rating (182.4), passing yards per game (324.9) and 300-yard passing games (15) and ranks second in school history in career completion percentage (69.3), passing yards (8,123) and passing touchdowns (85). He won Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year honors in both of his two seasons as Ohio State’s starting quarterback and is the only Ohio State quarterback to ever be a two-time Heisman Trophy finalist."

18 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

I agree that we won’t start a rookie right away. But, it’s going to be interesting to see what happens as the FA QB’s will likely be long gone before the draft. & I assume that we completely clear out the QB room. 

Why colts probably have to get to one.

Just now, Colts1324 said:

I agree that we won’t start a rookie right away. But, it’s going to be interesting to see what happens as the FA QB’s will likely be long gone before the draft. & I assume that we completely clear out the QB room. 

If it’s Levis or stroud they will start. Richardson probably sits.

53 minutes ago, masterlock said:

I'm not so sure about that. Levis' detractors want to dismiss the "inconvenient truth" that he simply didn't have the surrounding cast at UK. But when you watch the tape, so many times he just doesn't have open receivers to throw to. This was a constant theme in 2022. And he was one of the most pressured quarterbacks in college football.

IMO, Levis has the best overall COMBINATION of skills and traits--size, athleticism, passing skills (throwing motion, touch, arm strength, throwing his receivers open, etc.). He really only needs to improve in one area: turnovers. There's no reason to think he can't do that with proper coaching. He's THE prototypical QB and the safest pick IMO, and I'd be excited if the Colts got him.

Watch his 2021 highlights

Levis is an excellent prospect that we should consider

He was very banged up...... and has no supporting cast this year....  I have done a 180 on him 

I still want Stroud, but.....  would be happy with any of the top 3 QBs

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I hope that you are right......

BUT..... NOTHING is for sure when the draft is considered 

There are at least 6-8 QB hungry teams (Think Starving)

- Falcons

- Seahawks

- Carolina

-Texans

-Washington

There is at least a chance that the top 3 teams either trade the pick to a QB hungry team

It makes too much sense for the colts and bears to trade than not to.

Eberflus wants players that fit his systems and he knows all of our players and which ones he covets.

The colts are in dire need of a qb.  If you have one targeted, you do what it takes to get them.  

The two GMs have worked alongside each other and i would imagine there is a level of trust there.  They won't give any discounts but will be fair to each other.

I think this will happen long before the draft and would not be surprised if it is very soon.  The only hold back is they may want to have their HC in place first. 

1 minute ago, Fluke_33 said:

It makes too much sense for the colts and bears to trade. 

Eberflus wants players that fit his systems and he knows all of our players and which ones he covets.

The colts are in dire need of a qb.  If you have one targeted, you do what it takes to get them.  

The two GMs have worked alongside each other and i would imagine there is a level of trust there.  They won't give any discounts but will be fair to each other.

I think this will happen long before the draft and would not be surprised if it is very soon.  The only hold back is they may want to have their HC in place first. 

Only thing to watch is if Texans want same QB. That could drive price up. Stroud increases chances Texans might want to trade up. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Only thing to watch is if Texans want same QB. That could drive price up. Stroud increases chances Texans might want to trade up. 

I could see that but the kicker is giving players that Flus wants.  DeFo, paye (please no), Q, etc.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I bet young drops in this draft. 

Bryce is too talented. I think teams are more worried about his weight then height. Plenty of QBs have made height irrelevant. Teams imo are going to want to see Bryce add 15-20 pounds of muscle before his pro day to see if he can do the drills at that weight and sustain it without a drop in his ability 

1 minute ago, Fluke_33 said:

I could see that but the kicker is giving players that Flus wants.  DeFo, paye (please no), Q, etc.

Kenny is easy to move imo. He doesn't fit Gus's scheme. I'd also give up Leonard if necessary as long as we re-sign Bobby and Speed

2 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

No.4 pick, Pittman, Kenny Moore, current 2nd, future 2nd and future 4th, something like that is what I anticipate.

Archived