Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Bravo said:

All of the other ones the Colts would be giving up insane draft capital.

I dont think the Colts give up much if they move up. I could see a couple of players but not many high picks.

I have no doubt Kenny Moore will be moved especially after his latest interview. Maybe Nelson if someone takes his giant contract but I don’t think Ballard would want to get rid of him after saying it will “always start up front”.

The value of 1 compared to 4 is crazy but that’s historically what it is.   The colts could offer their entire 2023 picks and it doesn’t add up to the value of 1st overall.  Surprising as that may be 

41 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

if stroud declares i think we are fine to stay at 4 .   if he doesnt we might have to trade up

I agree.  Not because I want Stroud so badly.  But having 3 QB's in 4 picks is better than having 2 QB's in 4 picks.  I want to be able to take one of them, and I don't want to have to move up to do it.

I just want a QB that can move, extend plays, run if need be and push the ball downfield. I’m so tired of seeing all these teams having guys that can throw and their WR catching the ball

40+ yards downfield for a TD. Meanwhile our guys are running 6 yards downfield and stopping. 

Some speculation on Stroud’s decision to enter the draft from Texanswire Brian Barfield.:

“Ohio State’s C.J. Stroud has until Monday, Jan. 16 to make himself available to be drafted or return to college for his junior year. It has been speculated that the delay is that Stroud is weighing his options regarding some of the NIL (name, image, and likeness) packages that would be very attractive for him to return to Columbus.

Stroud’s agent David Mulugheta may have some reservations about working with the Houston Texans, who is a strong candidate to draft his client with the number two overall selection in the draft.

Mulugheta also represents former Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson. As Watson’s agent, Mulugheta was front and center when dealing with the Texans during the end of his client’s tenure in Houston.“

1 minute ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Some speculation on Stroud’s decision to enter the draft from Texanswire Brian Barfield.:

“Ohio State’s C.J. Stroud has until Monday, Jan. 16 to make himself available to be drafted or return to college for his junior year. It has been speculated that the delay is that Stroud is weighing his options regarding some of the NIL (name, image, and likeness) packages that would be very attractive for him to return to Columbus.

Stroud’s agent David Mulugheta may have some reservations about working with the Houston Texans, who is a strong candidate to draft his client with the number two overall selection in the draft.

Mulugheta also represents former Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson. As Watson’s agent, Mulugheta was front and center when dealing with the Texans during the end of his client’s tenure in Houston.“

Yeah I saw he had the same representation but wasn’t connecting the dots. That makes sense. 

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is a very good point. That would Levis or Richardson.

I wouldn’t count on that. Someone could move up to one and Levis and young  both gone by 4.

Only see Texas go to 1, unless Colts or Panthers do if desperate enough.

1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

The value of 1 compared to 4 is crazy but that’s historically what it is.   The colts could offer their entire 2023 picks and it doesn’t add up to the value of 1st overall.  Surprising as that may be 

Oh for sure. I get that. Just obviously in this case not worth it IMO.

The CJ Stroud news could change ALOT.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts could then trade to two with bears. Have to be careful of another team trading with bears if stroud is not in the draft.

That's possible. CJ waiting to last second to announce. Have sense he rather stay in college then play for Texans.

35 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

I called nonsense. If he waits next year, he has no idea where he will go. His draft stock  could plummet and he  loses millions.  My  guess is that his stock is not as high as he thinks and he is graded as a late 1st round pick if that.

12 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I called nonsense. If he waits next year, he has no idea where he will go. His draft stock  could plummet and he  loses millions.  My  guess is that his stock is not as high as he thinks and he is graded as a late 1st round pick if that.

My guess is he just wants to be the last one to get the spotlight. It’s just how they do things at OSU with their QB.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

My guess is he just wants to be the last one to get the spotlight. It’s just how they do things at OSU with their QB.

If he stays Ohio State is probably one of the favorites for the national championship. Didn’t Peyton stay for his senior year or am I mistaken.

33 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They are losing 3 starters on their Oline. I don’t know enough about who they have to replace those guys but that is a lot to lose.

It's The Ohio State. They'll be replaced and won't miss a beat.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I highly doubt that. To me its kind of an uneasy look to teams. They could be thinking is  this guy lacking confidence in  his abilities to  succeed  in the NFL?

38 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Great. No Stroud in the draft and it looks like Irsay is going to stick with Saturday. Yippee.

If Stroud doesn’t declare for the draft I would rather wait until 2024 to draft a QB at the top of the 1st if I were in charge. For this upcoming draft I’d target someone like Cameron Ward in round 3 or so. 

3 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

If Stroud doesn’t declare for the draft I would rather wait until 2024 to draft a QB at the top of the 1st if I were in charge. For this upcoming draft I’d target someone like Cameron Ward in round 3 or so. 

I think if you were in Ballard’s or Irsay’s shoe’s right now you wouldn’t be waiting until 2024.

Archived