Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 15: Colts @ Vikings, Sat, Dec. 17, 2022, 1:00PM ET

NFLfan

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• 84th percentile against man, 83d percentile against press... 
    • I think you're working from some assumptions that I don't agree with. First, it seems like you believe "the system" produces 32 relatively equal draft boards, and it's pretty obvious that's not the case. Second, it seems like you believe that if a team picks a player in the 4th round, that means they must have had a 4th round grade on him, otherwise they would have drafted him earlier.   It's possible that a team feels more strongly about a player than other teams. They could have Player X as their 30th player, and Player Y as their 35th player. The team is on the clock at #40, both players are still on the board, the team takes Player X. A few picks go by, Player Y is still on the board, they start trying to move up from wherever they sit in the next round, but a trade isn't coming together. They wind up staying put, and are able to draft Player Y -- their 35th ranked prospect -- at #75 or whatever. They had a high 2nd round grade on him, and got him in the middle of the third. Maybe they'd felt like they got lucky because things went their way. But drafting him in the third round doesn't mean they only viewed him as a third round prospect; what would make that scenario possible is the fact that every team works from their own board, and there are major variances from team to team. 
    • I doubt that. The reason is because not a single WR was selected the rest of the 2nd round, as borne out by how that 2nd round went. So any other GM still chose not to draft a single WR after the AD pick (either felt they didn't need one or had already gotten one), so your statement is not supported by how things played out. Whether it was Ballard at 52 or Ballard at 56 that he traded down to, he would have still found AD as value and pulled the trigger, is my contention.
    • For what it’s worth: there are videos of a younger Chris Ballard ranting and cursing about college players getting anonymous negative reports. He really gets heated on that subject. 
  • Members