Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carlie Irsay-Gordon

CheezyColt

So we fired a OC and a HC that have declined and put on the field the worst Ofense ever, and we're calling Irsay/Ballard crazy for that?

The only crazy people here are the ones that:

1 - Still think we're looking for playoffs

2 - Does not realize that you CANNOT say you're moving on to 2023, even if it's clear we started a evaluation mode to look for 2023.

Jeff will at least figure out if we really have pieces at OL or we need to rebuild entirely.

That meantime, we're going to lose a lot of games, not because we're tanking, because it really does not matter this year anymore and we just need to evaluate who will be part of the 2023 team.

That's it, not hard to figure out, maybe hard to accepct for some.

On 11/8/2022 at 9:47 AM, IrsaysArmy said:

People need to put WAY more respect on Irsays name. Guy is an NFL staple. He’s a winner and will win again in the very near future. 

Yes.....don't you remember... we will win two Super Bowls this decade if you believe what Irsay said after Wentz started 1-4. :lol::facepalm::Cry:

On 11/8/2022 at 9:57 AM, Chucklez said:

The selfish fan in me would love this, seeing as I live in the UK, but that would be terrible news for the franchise in general. Plus, a move to the UK would probably involve an entire rebrand and at that point, is it even really the same team? 

I have a lot of respect for the Baltimore Colts fans who stuck with the team after that move, but at least they were still the Colts. A move to London would almost certainly involve a name and identity change - at least I would imagine... At that point, it would be like starting from fresh.

Dude. It was a joke. Am I the only one getting that? There is no way the Colts or any other NFL team is moving to London and it's nothing against London. The travel would just be ridiculous for starters and they would not get enough support ticket-selling wise. England, like all of Europe, is soccer country. 

But yeah I suspect Irsay's daughters would sell. And I hope so. I've seen nothing indicating they have the vaguest clue or interest in owning (running) a team. 

1 hour ago, jonjon said:

Dude. It was a joke. Am I the only one getting that? There is no way the Colts or any other NFL team is moving to London and it's nothing against London. The travel would just be ridiculous for starters and they would not get enough support ticket-selling wise. England, like all of Europe, is soccer country. 

But yeah I suspect Irsay's daughters would sell. And I hope so. I've seen nothing indicating they have the vaguest clue or interest in owning (running) a team. 

I think in some ways females make the best owners. Not trying to be sexist but most don't have the same interest as their fathers. It's a business to them and stay out of the football side of things.

1 hour ago, jonjon said:

All three of Irsay children are owners and chairman of the boards. So yes, they are interested in owning. It's an insult for you to suggest they don't have a vaguest clue. 

3 hours ago, jonjon said:

Actually I think its in the plans. Yearly trips to London, number of games have only increased. Now playing in Germany..I think the goal is to eventually create an all euro division to eliminate so much travel.

This isn’t meddling, it is the top boss stepping in and making some decisions bc he has had enough of the issues.  Reich needed to go….Irsay made the decision to reset this mid season. I do give him props for that.  Ballard has always been very good at listening to his head coach and trusting them to do their job communicating player potential and development.  Hopefully Irsay chose Saturday to evaluate the roster and work with Ballard to see who stays and who goes.  Or maybe he plans to fire Ballard as well….either way is fine with me.  

Irsay has handed out extensions to the last two gm/coaches. He has shown faith in trusting their process and tried to be a team player every step of the way.  It has really got us nowhere. I can respect that he is wanting to stop this nonsense and try something else. Not sure I trust Irsay to make the right decisions,but it’s his team to run how he sees fit.

17 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I guess you can't tell what owner/coach speak is?

I can. Regular coach speak is stuff like the following:

"We are making good progress"

"We believe in our team"

"We are right in the mix of this playoff race"

"We believe we are contenders and like are chances"

Delusional Owner/Coach speech:

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

Colts Nation,don’t you worry…we’re gonna get The Horseshoe at least 2 Lombardis this decade…as sure as the sun rises and the seasons change,it’s COMING! Don’t you ever doubt that,EVER! YOU WILL SEE GREATNESS. BELIEVE AND YOU WILL SEE!

(P.S. I had to remove all the emojis Irsay included in this post just to make it acceptable for the forum)

18 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think in some ways females make the best owners. Not trying to be sexist but most don't have the same interest as their fathers. It's a business to them and stay out of the football side of things.

Yeah it is sexist, and ridiculous. Gender has nothing to do with being a good owner.

To some degree or other a good owner does not, in fact cannot, "stay out of the football side of things." Our situation the last year or two is a perfect example. Wentz was a dicey idea that clearly wasn't working. I don't know but suspect Reich and Ballard wanted to continue with that failed experiment and Irsay said no, let's cut our losses. This year it was clear Reich had to go and while a firing mid-season has its ups and downs, it was clear to anyone watching that him continuing to be HC really didn't make any sense. In these respects Irsay made the right move IMO. 

An owner who is afraid to make such moves and/or doesn't have a clue about football to know when to do one and when not will not make a good owner. Owning a football team is hardly the same as owning a shoe factory, or whatever. How much they know about football, both in terms of the game and the business, I can't say. But I suspect they are just riding daddy's coattails and if so, I hope they sell. 

17 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

All three of Irsay children are owners and chairman of the boards. So yes, they are interested in owning. It's an insult for you to suggest they don't have a vaguest clue. 

What are you, their mother?

Again by "owning" I really meant running. Sure, they're interested in the money. "Chairmen of the boards" means little by itself in terms of them really caring at all about winning (beyond making more money) and/or have a clue about football. If you have info showing they have either, pls post. Not being snarky, I'm serious. 

15 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Actually I think its in the plans. Yearly trips to London, number of games have only increased. Now playing in Germany..I think the goal is to eventually create an all euro division to eliminate so much travel.

They had an NFL Europe, it didn't take. No regular NFL team is moving to London. 

Just now, jonjon said:

What are you, their mother?

Again by "owning" I really meant running. Sure, they're interested in the money. "Chairmen of the boards" means little by itself in terms of them really caring at all about winning (beyond making more money) and/or have a clue about football. If you have info showing they have either, pls post. Not being snarky, I'm serious. 

So you feel the need to insult me. Talk to yourself. 

8 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Joke is on you two clowns.  

Actually I was laughing at " we have a ton of money in non premium positions." I think QB and OL are pretty premium positions. Saying the Colts are really bad just states the obvious. 

2 minutes ago, jonjon said:

No, this is you feeling the need to go out of your way to get offended have a hissy. aw. Understandable, it's all the rage. Have fun. 

A hissy? Grow up. You don't have a clue on what Irsay's daughters do and don't do. Quit acting like you do. You insult their intelligence and their capabilities. 

On 11/10/2022 at 2:30 AM, jonjon said:

I would contest this, heavily. The game has grown so much over here since the days of NFL Europe.

The London games are a 100% attendance every year, fans of all teams show up to them.

People have gotten over the "It's just Rugby with pads on" mentality and are actually interested in it now. One thing about England is there is always room for more sports interest, not just soccer.

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

A hissy? Grow up. You don't have a clue on what Irsay's daughters do and don't do. Quit acting like you do. You insult their intelligence and their capabilities. 

LOL

The pot/kettle thing, what a surprise. You want immature, look in the mirror. It's hardly mature to get into a whiny snit when someone dares to say something you don't like.

But you did say one thing correctly (shocking as that is): I don't have a clue what they do/know. That's why I asked. Or did you just conveniently ignore that part because it would deflate your excuse to have a hissy? 

PS and oh btw: you don't have a clue about their intelligence and capabilities either, but it's hilarious how you pretend to. 

1 hour ago, Chucklez said:

I would contest this, heavily. The game has grown so much over here since the days of NFL Europe.

The London games are a 100% attendance every year, fans of all teams show up to them.

People have gotten over the "It's just Rugby with pads on" mentality and are actually interested in it now. One thing about England is there is always room for more sports interest, not just soccer.

Then why isn't some new NFL Europe league happening? And why did the old one fold?

Maybe what you're saying is true and a new NFL Europe is on the horizon, but an NFL team will never move to London or anywhere else overseas due to extreme travel issues if nothing else. 

21 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Maybe they’ll eventually put “World” into World Championship!

1 hour ago, jonjon said:

LOL

The pot/kettle thing, what a surprise. You want immature, look in the mirror. It's hardly mature to get into a whiny snit when someone dares to say something you don't like.

But you did say one thing correctly (shocking as that is): I don't have a clue what they do/know. That's why I asked. Or did you just conveniently ignore that part because it would deflate your excuse to have a hissy? 

PS and oh btw: you don't have a clue about their intelligence and capabilities either, but it's hilarious how you pretend to. 

I find your arrogance amusing. Carry on. 

16 hours ago, jonjon said:

Then why isn't some new NFL Europe league happening? And why did the old one fold?

Maybe what you're saying is true and a new NFL Europe is on the horizon, but an NFL team will never move to London or anywhere else overseas due to extreme travel issues if nothing else. 

I think you are forgetting how different the world was back in the 90s and early 2000s.

Everything was so much more segregated. The world has really shrunk in the last 15 years. Nowadays we take it for granted that we all have access to anything and everything literally all of the time, from this small rectangle in our pockets.

People haven't really had the opportunity to access and watch the nfl properly on a regular basis, until the launch of NFL Gamepass until 2006, and it didnt really work properly or as the service it is now until a few years after that.

Its not totally uncommon to see people walking around in nfl branded gear over here. 

15 years ago people would look at you funny if you wore nfl gear and generally not k ownehat thr heck you were wearing. now its totally normal and recognisable, even to non nfl fans.

I agree thr logistic of an NFL based team being in London would be difficult to say the least, but the demand would deffo be here for it.

The TV viewing ability is irrelevant and interest in live games there is irrelevant for more than a token game here or there because there's already tons of interest over here. No NFL team has any incentive to move to London, sorry, will never happen, And again if the demand was strong enough, NFL Europe would still be around. 

On 11/10/2022 at 5:52 PM, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Joke is on you two clowns.  

Woke football talk with another damning comment from yet another "unnamed source"  lol. Irsay is their hero for dragging Dan Snyder, but he and Saturday are public enemies number 2 and 3 for "skirting" the Rooney rule in their estimation.

14 hours ago, jonjon said:

The TV viewing ability is irrelevant and interest in live games there is irrelevant for more than a token game here or there because there's already tons of interest over here. No NFL team has any incentive to move to London, sorry, will never happen, And again if the demand was strong enough, NFL Europe would still be around. 

NFL Europe has zero to do with the NFLs future in England or anywhere else in Europe.  Sooner or later the NFL is going to expand. Even in Australia there is a increase in fans of the NFL. Just remember that it wasn't that long ago that it was thought that America wouldn't support soccer. 

On 11/9/2022 at 7:21 PM, jvan1973 said:

What's the confusion  @LJpalmbeacher2?   Something to do with the mythical football Gods im spite

There's no confusion, at least not for me.

I've said for years and years this organization is not going anywhere....and you know that. Luck retiring should.have been a strong signal for many.  After 6 years of the great ballard, look.where they are. 

Whether someone thinks the colts are not successful because of ineptness from management & coaching OR FROM OTHER FACTORS, it doesn't really matter because the DISAPOINTING results for colt fans will be the same.

Enjoy the season.

....and No, I'm not giving you any picks :funny:

Unfortunately I agree with you. One of the most epic failures in professional sports history in this country is the Colts only winning ONE Super Bowl with Manning as qb for 14 years. That is epic failure. The Irsay's just aren't going to win for what ever reasons. There are plenty of historical facts that prove that. It is what it is. I've been a Colt fan for over 50 years and I've seen so many bizarre ridiculous things that in the end we just come up short. This current situation is just a microcosm of the entire 50 year history of Irsay ownership of the Colt franchise.

31 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

Unfortunately I agree with you. One of the most epic failures in professional sports history in this country is the Colts only winning ONE Super Bowl with Manning as qb for 14 years. That is epic failure. The Irsay's just aren't going to win for what ever reasons. There are plenty of historical facts that prove that. It is what it is. I've been a Colt fan for over 50 years and I've seen so many bizarre ridiculous things that in the end we just come up short. This current situation is just a microcosm of the entire 50 year history of Irsay ownership of the Colt franchise.

Well said.

Just my opinion, but I think when the daughters take over, if they don't want to be in the forefront like Jim, they make an "Elway type hire" as President of Football Operations to be the face of the franchise. That could very well end up being Saturday. 

Archived