Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have had talks with Eagles over Andre Dillard

Restinpeacesweetchloe

6 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I highly doubt the Colts make any trades. Sam balls out and he proves he might be a legit stud and  I bet the Colts go LT with their 1st pick. He sucks and they are going to need those picks to get a qb next year. 

There are also some prospects for the second round, provided our slot is high enough.  We have WAS 3rd rounder to offer in a trade up into the first too.

Ballard could actually go QB in the 1st and then LT in the 1st or 2nd.  Pretty good QB and LT class this year....pre post season analysis thus far.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Trading JT for Dillard doesn’t seem like a move that makes much sense.  If you are trading for Dillard you are trying to save the season so why would you trade the guy most feel is your best offensive weapon?  If you trade JT that seems to suggest you are going for a rebuild at which point picks make sense not players.  

I don’t think they are interested in trading Taylor at all.  I think most are assuming they are going to Sam and that means the Colts are going into rebuild mode.  I don’t think that’s the case, I think they are hoping Sam will save their season.  I am not expecting him too but I think the Colts see it differently than most of us and aren’t interested in blowing up the roster right now.  

It’s wishful thinking on my end.  I get the need for JT bc he is an amazing player and will help  a young QB.  If we were really trying to target a QB in the draft we could get another 1st and 3rd and a possible LT.  It’s just a made up scenario off the top of my head that has zero insight mostly based on collecting ammo for moving up in the draft while also avoiding giving a RB a huge 2nd contract. 

45 minutes ago, egg said:

An 0-line coach named Stoutland is like a F/G kicker named Longwell.

You can say that again.

6 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Parris is a guy they should be trying to trade though. Like Dillard, he’s another guy drafted high who’s going to be a FA next year. Teams like the Giants and Bears who literally have nothing at WR would probably throw us a 4th or 5th.

And a 4th or 5th is what I’m offering for Dillard unless they want to do player for player.

Unless they are going to keep Paris.  Just because someone is going to be a free agent doesn’t mean you have to trade him.

19 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Whether we make any trades could come down to how this team plays Sunday. Because we need all our picks for a QB.

What you are saying makes perfect sense. However, in five completed seasons Chris Ballard has neither brought in any players or sent any out. Just like with free agency, he thinks are team is good as-is. If I had to guess I would expect more of the same. I hope I am wrong.

"To no surprise for Colts fans, Ballard is passive. However, it’s a bit shocking just how passive Indianapolis is at the trade deadline during the Ballard era. In Chris Ballard’s five completed seasons, the Colts haven’t made any trade-deadline acquisitions. They haven’t brought in any exciting players or sent any big names out, just business as usual. Will that change for Indianapolis this year?" https://horseshoeheroes.com/2022/10/26/colts-behaved-nfl-trade-deadline-chris-ballard-era/

Why would the Colts trade draft capital for a player who hasn't worked out for the Eagles - AND - they drafted their LT of the future in the 2022 draft?

Making an "inquiry" isn't the same as making a trade.

Honestly - I'd rather see them bring back Eric Fisher for one more year - allowing Bernhard Raimann to learn from a Pro Bowl LT for the remainder of the season.

5 minutes ago, philba101 said:

What you are saying makes perfect sense. However, in five completed seasons Chris Ballard has neither brought in any players or sent any out. Just like with free agency, he thinks are team is good as-is. If I had to guess I would expect more of the same. I hope I am wrong.

"To no surprise for Colts fans, Ballard is passive. However, it’s a bit shocking just how passive Indianapolis is at the trade deadline during the Ballard era. In Chris Ballard’s five completed seasons, the Colts haven’t made any trade-deadline acquisitions. They haven’t brought in any exciting players or sent any big names out, just business as usual. Will that change for Indianapolis this year?" https://horseshoeheroes.com/2022/10/26/colts-behaved-nfl-trade-deadline-chris-ballard-era/

With them switching to Sam I think they are finally realizing that they are going to have to take a step back to get that QB. I don’t expect them to sell though. Because Ballard’s job is on the line. They can always do that after the season if they need more picks to move up in draft or for a new GM.

Sam could surprise us though so we just have to see how he looks Sunday. If we win I can see him trying to fix the line. 

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

With them switching to Sam I think they are finally realizing that they are going to have to take a step back to get that QB. I don’t expect them to sell though. Because Ballard’s job is on the line. They can always do that after the season if they need more picks to move up in draft or for a new GM.

Sam could surprise us though so we just have to see how he looks Sunday. If we win I can see him trying to fix the line. 

ballards track record of fixing the line is not good

8 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

You don't make trades when you know you have no chance of winning this year.  Teams who make the trades have FO that think they are close.  We are not and Ballard will do nothing by Tuesday.

I see what you are saying but Ballard has not made a trade at the deadline in any of his five seasons. Is this a philosophy like his FA approach or just a coincidence?

4 minutes ago, philba101 said:

I see what you are saying but Ballard has not made a trade at the deadline in any of his five seasons. Is this a philosophy like his FA approach or just a coincidence?

I think this is the year where that will probably change.  Although he is most likely safe I think it’s safe to say his seat is the warmest it’s ever been.  Nothing like making a move or two to show the boss you are trying to save the season.  

9 minutes ago, philba101 said:

when a team is going nowhere some gms make trades for picks for draft capital

22 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

when a team is going nowhere some gms make trades for picks for draft capital

I hope you are both right

I think this is the year where that will probably change.  Although he is most likely safe I think it’s safe to say his seat is the warmest it’s ever been.  Nothing like making a move or two to show the boss you are trying to save the season.  

I do not see how trading draft capitol now for a player ; before knowing how Ehlinger will work out will truly help the fortunes of this team.

What happens then in April if the team decides it must move up in the draft. Long-view I would think that Ballard would try to acquire draft capitol. If Ballard is making moves to save the season because he thinks this may be the end of the line for him then he probably should not be making these decisions.

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Unless they are going to keep Paris.  Just because someone is going to be a free agent doesn’t mean you have to trade him.

Actually that’s a great reason to trade someone. That’s how we got Deforest Buckner. It’s a way to recycle a draft pick basically.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Actually that’s a great reason to trade someone. That’s how we got Deforest Buckner. It’s a way to recycle a draft pick basically.

Again the Colts may have plans to keep Paris in which case they aren’t going to trade him.  Also, given Paris injury history and the fact he’s just started to produce the past couple of weeks I doubt he has much value around the league.  Also, I didn’t say you couldn’t ever trade a guy in a contract year.  I said just because someone is in a contract year doesn’t mean you have to trade him.

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Again the Colts may have plans to keep Paris in which case they aren’t going to trade him.  Also, given Paris injury history and the fact he’s just started to produce the past couple of weeks I doubt he has much value around the league.  Also, I didn’t say you couldn’t ever trade a guy in a contract year.  I said just because someone is in a contract year doesn’t mean you have to trade him.

If Ballard sticks around I look for Parris to get re-signed. But if he gets fired not do sure with a new GM. I really like the 3 young guys we have now. It’s been awhile since we have had a trio like this. Pascal would of finally been the 4 where he be longed if we had kept him.

2 hours ago, Dobbinblitz said:

I do not see how trading draft capitol now for a player ; before knowing how Ehlinger will work out will truly help the fortunes of this team.

What happens then in April if the team decides it must move up in the draft. Long-view I would think that Ballard would try to acquire draft capitol. If Ballard is making moves to save the season because he thinks this may be the end of the line for him then he probably should not be making these decisions.

Fans seem to want to wave the white flag before they see Sam. Things might change depending on how Sunday goes but as of now they should make sure they are doing everything to help Sam and this team win. We are 3-3-1 not 1-7. We are like one game away from the two seed.

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

If Ballard sticks around I look for Parris to get re-signed. But if he gets fired not do sure with a new GM. I really like the 3 young guys we have now. It’s been awhile since we have had a trio like this. Pascal would of finally been the 4 where he be longed if we had kept him.

I would agree Paris future probably depends on Ballard and Reich’s future.  However they aren’t getting fired before the deadline so I don’t see Paris getting traded before the deadline.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Fans seem to want to wave the white flag before they see Sam. Things might change depending on how Sunday goes but as of now they should make sure they are doing everything to help Sam and this team win. We are 3-3-1 not 1-7. We are like one game away from the two seed.

Fans can do whatever they want.  I am more interested in what I think the Colts management is going to do.  They aren’t showing signs of waving the white flag so I don’t expect a sell off.

23 hours ago, Zoltan said:

As for those two questions it's because Jordan Mailata came out of no where from 7th round pick who never played american football before to franchise LT and they have Lane Johnson at RT. The funny thing is Mailata never played college football so when the starters were saying where they went to college during the last game he said he went to "Jeff Stoutland University" Jeff Stoutland is their offensive line coach.

Well that, and Dillard is a bust.

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

The Colts have one divisional game remaining. If Sam kills it, the best likely outcome is a Wildcard bid. If that happens they can finally draft Castonzo’s replacement in April. If he is not the answer the Colts will be looking for QB once again, and draft capitol is at a premium in that scenario.
I sure hope Sam gets it done, but unfortunately he will be making his first start 2 days before the trade deadline. If Ballard can improve the OL and make it happen with a current roster player(s)-all good.  we can only hope that the critical foundation positions on the team (QB, LT, CB, DE )are foremost team draft picks and not reclamation projects or UDFA’s.  Retaining draft picks goes long way to achieving this. Just my take.

18 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

The Colts have one divisional game remaining. If Sam kills it, the best likely outcome is a Wildcard bid. If that happens they can finally draft Castonzo’s replacement in April. If he is not the answer the Colts will be looking for QB once again, and draft capitol is at a premium in that scenario.
I sure hope Sam gets it done, but unfortunately he will be making his first start 2 days before the trade deadline. If Ballard can improve the OL and make it happen with a current roster player(s)-all good.  we can only hope that the critical foundation positions on the team (QB, LT, CB, DE )are foremost team draft picks and not reclamation projects or UDFA’s.  Retaining draft picks goes long way to achieving this. Just my take.

We do but titans are not good. Titans have chiefs next week and bengals coming up. Their schedule is hard and they have injuries. Simmons and Tannehill are injured. Tannehill may not play Sunday.  If he does he is probably going to be limited. Texans always play hard so guy never know what will happen with that game Sunday is Willis had to play.  Right now we need to be thinking we are still in this. There is no reason to waive the white flag yet. If we lose this weekend then maybe we can think that way.

13 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We do but titans are not good. Titans have chiefs next week and bengals coming up. Their schedule is hard and they have injuries. Simmons and Tannehill are injured. Tannehill may not play Sunday.  If he does he is probably going to be limited. Texans always play hard so guy never know what will happen with that game Sunday is Willis had to play.  Right now we need to be thinking we are still in this. There is no reason to waive the white flag yet. If we lose this weekend then maybe we can think that way.

Titans have a real tough schedule the rest of the way. Anything can still happen. 

Dillard feels like a bust.  I get taking a shot on him but it would need to be cheap.  Thing is Roseman is very good at recouping value by standing his ground (like he did with Wentz) so if they're hell bent on getting a third for him I'd pass.

Jeudy would help us immediately and this offense favors his route ability.  Not sure what's in his head though, he seems like he's been going through the motions when I've seen him play this year.  But if that's explained or they feel they have enough intel on all that then he'd be a really nice pickup.  That would be a move that would remove dependency on Paris and improve the WR depth chart which I would like to see.

Also speaking of the Broncos I have always liked Risner and he's due to be a FA this offseason.  He doesn't help us with LT but he would slide in to guard for us quite nicely.

16 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Their coach will give Henry the ball 40 times and he'll get 200 plus yards no matter who is handing it off. 

17 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Sure, we have a chance... But we need a lot of luck. 

TN's D is pretty decent since the Buffalo game. And they have tie breaker over us. Also, they are built to win/play with a game manager QB. And we're reliant on a late round newb for a QB. 

Archived