Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 12-August 16th

Restinpeacesweetchloe

27 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Not even comparable players lol.

I think you're underestimating him. He ran a 4.33 at the combine. Look at his tape, he was constantly blowing by guys. 

He probably needs a little work getting off the line against pro CBs

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Early cuts. A couple WR surprises here.

With two early WR cuts and the starters not playing in preseason game 2, I bet Colts brass wants to give big minutes/snaps to Dulin, Coutee, Strachan, and Patmon to see if they can actually put up some stats that are noteworthy....if not, I think Ballard will be on the phone after that.

So it’s turned out there really wasn’t a LT or RG battle. Doesn’t seem like there was a safety battle either as cross seems to be securing that spot. CB battle between Rodgers and Facyson never really materialized either but I think Rodgers will see plenty of snaps with Gilmore age. My guess is they will rotate everyone quite a bit except for Moore.

Tommorrow tweets may be weird because they are practicing on two different fields. So tweets may seem one sided. Then usually the media person will switch sides the next day or I think they take like a break halfway through practice and they switch fields.

6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Lol

Unfortunately that isn't the best thing to come out and say publicly. As there are players on the Lions hearing that and saying ok, let me go out and give JT and Hines a little extra.

Ok to think it, but come on Zaire....

Already worried about injuries in the joint practice. Don't need to give extra incentives to potentially have a dirty play against us in the practices.

To say you don't care about the other guys isn't the way to go.

22 minutes ago, stitches said:

MegaStrachan hype anyone? Or should I be alone this year? :D 

I think the Colts FO and everyone else is waiting to see Strachan and our other non-starters put up some real stat lines in an actual game. They should have their chance this Saturday since the starters are apparently not playing. Practice and potential only go so far, they have to prove they can produce in the game.

7 minutes ago, philba101 said:

I think the Colts FO and everyone else is waiting to see Strachan and our other non-starters put up some real stat lines in an actual game. They should have their chance this Saturday since the starters are apparently not playing. Practice and potential only go so far, they have to prove they can produce in the game.

After he bullied top 10 pick Jaycee Horn in joint practices last year, I cannot wait for him to end Jeff Okudah's hopes for taking a step forward this year. 

46 minutes ago, stitches said:

After he bullied top 10 pick Jaycee Horn in joint practices last year, I cannot wait for him to end Jeff Okudah's hopes for taking a step forward this year. 

I just like that he talks about getting better on ST. He knows now that if he gets good there he will have more opportunities. I wish nothing but the best for him. 

7 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Anyone wonder if maybe with development Sam might be Ryan’s successor?

No.   Not at all.   With hard work he might someday become the replacement for Foles.   His ceiling is likely as a good backup.  But that’s it.   

Starter?    Highly highly unlikely.   

10 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

So it’s turned out there really wasn’t a LT or RG battle. Doesn’t seem like there was a safety battle either as cross seems to be securing that spot. CB battle between Rodgers and Facyson never really materialized either but I think Rodgers will see plenty of snaps with Gilmore age. My guess is they will rotate everyone quite a bit except for Moore.

Tommorrow tweets may be weird because they are practicing on two different fields. So tweets may seem one sided. Then usually the media person will switch sides the next day or I think they take like a break halfway through practice and they switch fields.

Well I think those battles got answered quickly.  It’s pretty clear Raimann just isn’t ready yet so Pryor kinda wins by default which in fairness is what a lot of figured would happen.  

As for RG Pinter just flat out won the job.  Him and Nelson seemed to be the only two starters people were happy with last week and by all accounts he’s met the Colts expectations since they moved him to the first unit so there just wasn’t really a shot for anyone else which is a good thing from the Colts POV.

8 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

I’ll be impressed when he makes one over 50 with a rush

Sometimes it takes a little bit of time with kickers.  Adam tells the story all the time of how close he came to getting in New England at the start of his career because of all his misses.  He went on to maybe be the best kicker ever.  I am not saying Hot Rod will do that but he wouldn’t be the first kicker to need a little bit of time to adjust out of college to the NFL.

15 hours ago, stitches said:

MegaStrachan hype anyone? Or should I be alone this year? :D 

I am excited to see what he can do.   He's got the chance to secure a roster spot and prove himself.  Reich just needs to get him playing time in the preseason.  

21 hours ago, philba101 said:

With two early WR cuts and the starters not playing in preseason game 2, I bet Colts brass wants to give big minutes/snaps to Dulin, Coutee, Strachan, and Patmon to see if they can actually put up some stats that are noteworthy....if not, I think Ballard will be on the phone after that.

Stats will not be the determining factor as lots of times the QB doesn't see them open, doesn't throw them open or the play breaks down from poor oline play......tape showing them getting open, snapping off their routes, blocking when asked, etc., etc. will determine who stays.

For example, last week Coutee made almost zero effort after a fumble and an interception to make a tackle or even cause a fumble......he doesn't offer enough offensively to be a slacker.....

Archived