Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post Your Mock Drafts (Mine is done using PFF)


Recommended Posts

pff_mock_results (16).pdf

 

Love doing mock drafts on PFF.  Most realistic version I have found so far and i like the feedback (grading) to make make better decisions for the next one. If we don't trade up in the second we lost out on Sky Moore.  If we stay in the second round at 42 the top player on the board is Jalen Pitre (CB from Baylor) or Jaquan Brisker (S from Penn State).  

 

Last year's draft simulation worked out just like I predicted.  If we take Paye in the first, then there is a run on OT before we pick in the second round (needed to trade up in the second round).  If we take an OT in the first round we lose out on Paye.  

 

FA is still in play so my mocks will adjust as the draft gets closer.

 

In the meantime it's fun for me to speculate on the draft using the simulator.

 

Josephpff_mock_results (16).pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First time I ever tried the PFF simulator.  Geez, it moves fast.  And you don't have an automated way to remember who it was you drafted already.  I did it straight, with no trades.  The guys I wanted were always gone by the time it got to my pick.

Still, not a terrible draft.

 

image.png.9935da6f65f57e668d46c704706e5571.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will post more mocks. You can slow down the speed of the draft  in the settings before you start the draft. 
 

I have run it a lot of times (lost count) and It’s rare that Sky Moore is available at 42. I like Moore a lot for the Colts but I believe we would have to move up to the 33-35 range to get him. 
 

question. I have a hard time adding the results of the draft here due to file size. Any suggestions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, craigerb said:

16 are not enough!?

If the Colts by chance get the Honey Badger it will reduce the value of safeties and give them more flexibility in the draft

 

When the program offers trades to move down I take advantage of it when I can. The mock I posted offered a lot of trade downs and Ballard’s loves to move up and down in the draft

 

will also post a few without trades. It shows how the board falls and is a good predictor on who is available when the colts are up to pick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is my one and only for this year. All these players are guys I could see Ballard targeting as they are basically all high upside players, which was a teaser in the 1st episode of "With the Next Pick."

 

Indy trades 42nd overall pick to Dallas for 56th overall pick, and their 3rd rounder.

 

Round 2 Pick 24 (DAL): Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State 
Round 3 Pick 9: Logan Hall, DE/DT, Houston 
Round 3 Pick 24 (DAL): Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State 
Round 4 Pick 17: Calvin Austin III, WR, Memphis 
Round 5 Pick 16: Mykael Wright, CB, Oregon 
Round 6 Pick 36 (COMP): Montaric Brown, CB, Arkansas 
Round 6 Pick 37 (COMP): Grant Calcaterra, TE, SMU 
Round 7 Pick 18: Ryan Hayes, OT, Michigan

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

Here is my one and only for this year. All these players are guys I could see Ballard targeting as they are basically all high upside players, which was a teaser in the 1st episode of "With the Next Pick."

 

Indy trades 42nd overall pick to Dallas for 56th overall pick, and their 3rd rounder.

 

Round 2 Pick 24 (DAL): Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State 
Round 3 Pick 9: Logan Hall, DE/DT, Houston 
Round 3 Pick 24 (DAL): Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State 
Round 4 Pick 17: Calvin Austin III, WR, Memphis 
Round 5 Pick 16: Mykael Wright, CB, Oregon 
Round 6 Pick 36 (COMP): Montaric Brown, CB, Arkansas 
Round 6 Pick 37 (COMP): Grant Calcaterra, TE, SMU 
Round 7 Pick 18: Ryan Hayes, OT, Michigan

i love it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want to see if we get Landry at WR or Honey Badger at S, before I can give my opinion on this. I think we should take LT with our 2nd pick, not a sexy pick but much needed no matter how Free Agency/trades play out. Protect Matt! 3rd pick would be a WR if we don't land any WR's before the draft = another weapon. I am the type that drafts for need though and not best player on the board in most situations unless there is just a player that really stands out that is not a position of real need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I want to see if we get Landry at WR or Honey Badger at S, before I can give my opinion on this. I think we should take LT with our 2nd pick, not a sexy pick but much needed no matter how Free Agency/trades play out. Protect Matt! 3rd pick would be a WR if we don't land any WR's before the draft = another weapon. I am the type that drafts for need though and not best player on the board in most situations unless there is just a player that really stands out that is not a position of real need.

If not go all defense in the draft with picks 3-7 like I have suggested in the past except draft a LT with our 2nd, only if we get Landry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've run a hundred of these already :D 

Each one different, as long as Ballard sticks to his board, i'm confident he winds up with some solid talent. I've seen several iterations where i can see him picking WR late. Or picking a QB in the 3rd. One thing i'm confident in, there's a RB coming. Marlon Mack's replacement, maybe in the 5th.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I want to see if we get Landry at WR or Honey Badger at S, before I can give my opinion on this. I think we should take LT with our 2nd pick, not a sexy pick but much needed no matter how Free Agency/trades play out. Protect Matt! 3rd pick would be a WR if we don't land any WR's before the draft = another weapon. I am the type that drafts for need though and not best player on the board in most situations unless there is just a player that really stands out that is not a position of real need.

The 42 pick, more than likely will miss the handful of immediate LTs that could start in 2022

 

If we want Berhard, we need to move into the 20s

 

If we wait until 42 we will be overdrafting IMHO if we went LT... to a player that wont be ready for a while

 

Should be a WR that can make a difference in 2022 at 42..... or trade back 5-8 spots there STILL should be a WR that could contribute

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

I've run a hundred of these already :D 

Each one different, as long as Ballard sticks to his board, i'm confident he winds up with some solid talent. I've seen several iterations where i can see him picking WR late. Or picking a QB in the 3rd. One thing i'm confident in, there's a RB coming. Marlon Mack's replacement, maybe in the 5th.

RB is one position they are good at. They could sign a free agent for a cheap deal as the RB3. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

RB is one position they are good at. They could sign a free agent for a cheap deal as the RB3. 

They were lucky with injuries last year. If they get the chance to grab a mid-late rounder they like, i can see them going for it. They kept Mack for a reason last year....they wanted that safety net though they wound up not needing him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The pass catcher bonanza draft:

 

42. Tre McBride TE

73. Skyy Moore WR

122. Calvin Austin III WR
159. Sterling Weatherford S

179. Kellen Diesch OT

216. Bo Melton WR

239. D’Vonte Price RB

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.3a3b3ed520fc558e5f3c846b5383b70f.png

 

Matt Ryan only has 2 years left to play am guessing and we need to find a long-term starter to groom under Ryan.  Ridder improved each season and could use some mentorship before taking over.  McCollum in Round 2 I like apparently more than PFF but another player we could use would of been RG Dylan Parham (Memphis).

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, OhioColt said:

image.png.3a3b3ed520fc558e5f3c846b5383b70f.png

 

Matt Ryan only has 2 years left to play am guessing and we need to find a long-term starter to groom under Ryan.  Ridder improved each season and could use some mentorship before taking over.  McCollum in Round 2 I like apparently more than PFF but another player we could use would of been RG Dylan Parham (Memphis).

 

I like this draft, but i doubt we take two TEs and no WR. I think the scoring they'll have for both positions will mean they're unlikely to be picking a 2nd TE over a WR.....but i have done drafts that have shaken out similarly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Using PFF

 

Trades - Indy trades R4 122 overall pick to Pittsburgh for R4 138, R6 208, 2023 R6

 

Round 2 42: Desmond Ridder, QB, Cincy 

Round 3 73: Kerby Joseph, S, Illinois

R4 138: Rachaad White, RB, Arizona State

R5 159: Cordell Volson, T, NDSU

R5 179: Bo Melton, WR, Rutgers

R6 208: Dai'Jean Dixon, WR, Nicholls State

R6 216: Esezi Otomewo, DE, Minnesota

R7 240: Ja'Quan McMillian, CB, ECU
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

Using PFF

 

Trades - Indy trades R4 122 overall pick to Pittsburgh for R4 138, R6 208, 2023 R6

 

Round 2 42: Desmond Ridder, QB, Cincy 

Round 3 73: Kerby Joseph, S, Illinois

R4 138: Rachaad White, RB, Arizona State

R5 159: Cordell Volson, T, NDSU

R5 179: Bo Melton, WR, Rutgers

R6 208: Dai'Jean Dixon, WR, Nicholls State

R6 216: Esezi Otomewo, DE, Minnesota

R7 240: Ja'Quan McMillian, CB, ECU
 

Respectfully

 

And I HATE to be disagreeable to another fellow  Colts fan.......

 

I like Kirby for the Colts.... 

 

However -----I fear the others will be career backups

 

Ridder has a GLACIER slow release and is innacurate

 

I think those two things clobber him in the NFL

 

Good kid, great attitude..... but when you watch him play against Alabama, you sort of see what you will see in the NFL

 

It was ugly.

 

With Ryan in play for a probable two years plus.....  I would wait on the long term QB to draft next years 

 

This QB class is called VERY weak 

 

I would hate to use our first pick this year on a probable career back up

 

Also

 

We should take a CB / S within first 3-4 rounds every year IMHO 

 

And

 

This team DESPERATELY needs a WR much earlier,,,,,,, its a big gaping hole..... We need a separation guy in a bad way

 

And

 

We have a tremendous hole at TE.  I dont see one coming in FA

 

Sorry for the bluntness

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2022 at 7:12 PM, James said:

The pass catcher bonanza draft:

 

42. Tre McBride TE

73. Skyy Moore WR

122. Calvin Austin III WR
159. Sterling Weatherford S

179. Kellen Diesch OT

216. Bo Melton WR

239. D’Vonte Price RB

 

That would be an AWESOME haul

 

I like all the players that you picked......  They may be out of available order

 

Trey McBride is slated to go around 20-30 picks later, so you may be able to trade back and still get him

Skyy Moore is slated to go late first to mid 2nd.... probably gone WAY before 

 

I like Skyy Moore for this team..... perfect pick up... someone that could get the needed separation

 

I hope he is still there at 42

 

Kellen Diesch is a perfect back up to our current LT, but probable gone in round 4

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Respectfully

 

And I HATE to be disagreeable to another fellow  Colts fan.......

 

I like Kirby for the Colts.... 

 

However -----I fear the others will be career backups

 

Ridder has a GLACIER slow release and is innacurate

 

I think those two things clobber him in the NFL

 

Good kid, great attitude..... but when you watch him play against Alabama, you sort of see what you will see in the NFL

 

It was ugly.

 

With Ryan in play for a probable two years plus.....  I would wait on the long term QB to draft next years 

 

This QB class is called VERY weak 

 

I would hate to use our first pick this year on a probable career back up

 

Also

 

We should take a CB / S within first 3-4 rounds every year IMHO 

 

And

 

This team DESPERATELY needs a WR much earlier,,,,,,, its a big gaping hole..... We need a separation guy in a bad way

 

And

 

We have a tremendous hole at TE.  I dont see one coming in FA

 

Sorry for the bluntness

Nothing to be sorry about at all. Different opinions.

 

We won't be able to fill all our needs/perceived needs from the draft alone. I won't be surprised to see no TEs drafted (he got one last year) if the table doesn't shake out how he likes it. I could see him picking an early QB if he likes the guy, Ridder has intangibles that's unmatched in the class and there're analysts who absolutely love him....he's QB2 for me and would need to sit the year but again, Ballard isnt operating on a must-have-now basis, we know that for a fact.

 

As for the rest being career backups. Who knows. Many of Chris Ballard's picks have been labeled as that. Volson is a 'toolsy' tackle who could become something. If he doesnt start right away, it won't be a surprise because we have Pryor and we're not bent on getting a premier LT over him, we seem focused on competent competition which Volson would be.

The Colts have been ever present around Melton,  you talk of separation, i'm not sure his exact ranking there but he's a 4.3 guy.

Dixon just catches the football. Best receiver at the shrine game.

Otomewo is another guy that the Colts have been following closely. Doesnt mean they draft him but he could be a depth guy to start with, which is what you want from that round. McMillian is going to be a good player in the NFL if he goes to the right situation.

 

I think anyone expecting 4/5 pass catchers from this draft hasn't been paying attention to how Ballard drafts. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2022 at 6:33 PM, MikeCurtis said:

The 42 pick, more than likely will miss the handful of immediate LTs that could start in 2022

 

If we want Berhard, we need to move into the 20s

 

If we wait until 42 we will be overdrafting IMHO if we went LT... to a player that wont be ready for a while

 

Should be a WR that can make a difference in 2022 at 42..... or trade back 5-8 spots there STILL should be a WR that could contribute

 

 

 

 

I feel the same way.  Based on the simulations the Colts will get the most value with WR, CB, S pick 42.  Depending on who falls I can see the Colts trading back a few spots from 42.

 

Joseph 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/5/2022 at 2:51 PM, Colt.45 said:

I like this draft, but i doubt we take two TEs and no WR. I think the scoring they'll have for both positions will mean they're unlikely to be picking a 2nd TE over a WR.....but i have done drafts that have shaken out similarly.

We know the Colts love receivers with RAS scores over 9.0 and unfortunately not many qualify this year so wouldn't be surprised we don't draft a WR.  Am very high on Skyy but he only scored a 6.83 RAS, Watson of (ND St) is the only player who think would be a primary target to draft.  The other would be NDs Kevin Austin Jr. but too many red flags.  Now Austin has impressive 38.125" arms and a 9.89 RAS score but did miss 2019 for an undisclosed violation of team rules plus had two surgeries on his left food missing most of 2020.  

 

All the home-town hype for Bell seems to be dissipating after a slow 4.68 40-yard dash and a 2.72 RAS score.  Even liked Justyn Ross but he scored worse than Bell with a 2.56 RAS.  Khalil Shakir another of my early favorites has very short arms at 29". 

 

Unless the Club starts making more movements this off-season it looks like the focus will be on both OL and DL add in a TE and a LB with hopes of a RCB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Give this another go based on current roster situation

 

R2P42 IDL Travis Jones (UConn) - May have to trade up, but after Stallworth signed elsewhere and the sudden retirement of Windsor, our DL has a bigger void to add depth while also being concerned about Stewart's age and money owed against the cap.

 

R3P73 RG Dylan Parham (Memphis) - Colts seem to have bigger issues on their OL.  Pinter is the man but at what position should he be starting OC or RG?  Parham would be a great addition and has experience at both guard spots and RT.  I really wouldn't be surprised to see a team like the Vikings reach for Parham in Round 2 or even the Colts like we did with Braden.

 

R4P122 RCB Coby Bryant (Cincinnati) -  Liked Bryant for a while now and would actually be surprised he lasts until Round 4.

 

R5P159 Edge Isaiah Thomas (Oklahoma) - Has the arm size we like over 33" that has the tangibles we like creating sacks and forcing fumbles.  Thomas would add that balance to our DL pairing up with Paye while Ngakoue and Odeyingbo form our strong-side tandem.

 

R5P179c TE Derrick Desee Jr (San Jose St) - Kind of the all already package TE can catch and block

 

R6P216c ILB Aaron Hansford (Texas A&M) - Has the size, length and arms we covet and is projecting to be developed into a starter

 

R7P240 OL Blaise Andries (Minnesota) - Played all positions on the OL except center and graded out really well last season playing mostly RG.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Give this another go based on current roster situation

 

R2P42 IDL Travis Jones (UConn) - May have to trade up, but after Stallworth signed elsewhere and the sudden retirement of Windsor, our DL has a bigger void to add depth while also being concerned about Stewart's age and money owed against the cap.

 

R3P73 RG Dylan Parham (Memphis) - Colts seem to have bigger issues on their OL.  Pinter is the man but at what position should he be starting OC or RG?  Parham would be a great addition and has experience at both guard spots and RT.  I really wouldn't be surprised to see a team like the Vikings reach for Parham in Round 2 or even the Colts like we did with Braden.

 

R4P122 RCB Coby Bryant (Cincinnati) -  Liked Bryant for a while now and would actually be surprised he lasts until Round 4.

 

R5P159 Edge Isaiah Thomas (Oklahoma) - Has the arm size we like over 33" that has the tangibles we like creating sacks and forcing fumbles.  Thomas would add that balance to our DL pairing up with Paye while Ngakoue and Odeyingbo form our strong-side tandem.

 

R5P179c TE Derrick Desee Jr (San Jose St) - Kind of the all already package TE can catch and block

 

R6P216c ILB Aaron Hansford (Texas A&M) - Has the size, length and arms we covet and is projecting to be developed into a starter

 

R7P240 OL Blaise Andries (Minnesota) - Played all positions on the OL except center and graded out really well last season playing mostly RG.

Wow bold move not drafting a WR. Not saying you are right or wrong just against the grain with this one. Prepare for the comments. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Wow bold move not drafting a WR. Not saying you are right or wrong just against the grain with this one. Prepare for the comments. 

Luckily I posted my disclaimer the post before in why the Colts will not be drafting a WR this year and if history holds true only 1-2 that we might draft but other needs/BPA will overrule.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From Pro Football Network

This is my mock if Colts pick a QB. Don’t tell me it’s not realistic, no mocks using mock draft sites are realistic. But this is how it fell.  Personally, I don’t want to draft a QB, but if Ridder falls to #42, he has too much talent not to pick him. 
 

42. Desmond Ridder

QB Cincinnati


73. Abraham Lucas

OT Washington State

 

122. Jelani Woods

TE Virginia

 

159. Damarri Mathis

CB Pittsburgh

 

179. Markquese Bell

S Florida A&M


216. Micah McFadden

LB Indiana


244. Dylan Parham

OG Memphis


256. Thomas Booker

DT Stanford

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

McBride is my draft crush!  Not only due to having same last name, but very productive @ CSU. Watson has the height, speed to be dangerous weapon for Ryan. The rest of the draft are favorites of mine, except the last pick. 

 

45. Trey McBride

TE Colorado State


73. Christian Watson

WR North Dakota State

 

122. Jelani Woods

TE Virginia


159. Tariq Castro-Fields

CB Penn State


179. Zach Tom

OT Wake Forest


216. Bubba Bolden

S Miami-Fl


239. Thomas Booker

DT Stanford


248. Bamidele Olaseni

OT Utah

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...