Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Glow signs with Giants

holeymoley99

5 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Good for him. Pinter is our G

Would prefer Pinter at Center, resign Reed at Guard and move on from Kelly and use that money elsewhere. Im happy Glow got paid he worked hard and earned a raise, really did well here after Seattle all but gave up on him.

3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Would prefer Pinter at Center, resign Reed at Guard and move on from Kelly and use that money elsewhere. Im happy Glow got paid he worked hard and earned a raise, really did well here after Seattle all but gave up on him.

Yeah, screw competent OL depth

I never thought he would be back.  He  was a surprise in 2018.  Played pretty bad in 2019.  Came back with solid years the last two, but certainly replaceable at the price considering the money they have locked up elsewhere on that line.  I could see Reed vs Pinter camp battle for that spot.

I didn’t think we would be able to keep both Reed and Glowinski. Look at how much we are paying for our O line and what the final 4 playoffs teams are paying. I get the approach to build inside out, but we are spending A LoT on O line. Maybe a different story if we had some stability at QB, but we have had a revolving door there and the O line has been good, but we have little to show for it. Maybe invest a little more at some other key positions like WR and on defense and maybe we have something to show for all that money. 

37 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I’m okay with this.
Hope we sign Armstead & resign Pryor for depth. Draft a center/guard for depth in the 4th or 5th round. 

A lot of money on the OLINE, but we don’t have a premier QB or WR, so why not

Agreed. I would have like to keep Glow and Reed, but that would have been a lot of money. I posted something very similar. I get Ballard’s plan to build inside  out, but he wants to continue to keep building inside and we never get to the outside part and try to do it in the cheap. Maybe Wentz wouldn’t have disappeared late In the season if we had some better WR. He wants to keep TY and I do too, but  no other receivers over 400 yds is embarrassing. Cannot put that all on Carson and the o line. 

58 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

Quite frankly, I think we will be fine with Pintar or Fries at rg.

I think we keep Reed and those guys are good depth. Pryor for swing tackle and those guys as depth is not too shabby and less expensive that trying to keep Glow.

2 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

3 years 20 million

That’s seriously what he got!!?! Good on him. Keep Reed as RG and Pinter And Fries are good depth inside and Pryor as swing tackle. Now, to find an LT that will be great more than a year.

From WalterFootball, FWIW:

Giants sign G Mark Glowinski (3 years, $20 million): A Grade
The Giants, as far as I'm concerned, entered the offseason needing to add four quality offensive linemen. Well, this is now one, so the Giants have three to go.

Signing Mark Glowinski was a great way to begin rebuilding the blocking unit. Glowinski had been a rock-solid guard for several years in Indianapolis, and he should continue to play that way in New York. Glowinski turns 30 this May, but interior offensive linemen tend to play well into their mid-30s. I thought Glowinski would get a larger contract, so I love this deal for the Giants.

4 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Ouch… this one kinda sucks. Hope we don’t lose anymore depth. We already need a LT to sign. 

the only way out for CB in this is if he is going to put some real money on a LT and not a project.

then he needs to do the same for a FA DE  i really don't care who the qb is until we get those 2 positions taken care of it dosen't matter who is at qb

6 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Next year is the year we move on from kelly I think unless he plays out of his mind

Archived