Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agency Predictions

30 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Some excitement starts tomorrow. With all things considered let’s hear your predictions on what the Colts do in FA. 

1. Mariotta

2. DJ Chark

3. Marcus Williams. 

Sign a few folks that no one expects and a forum meltdown. 

17 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The forum having a meltdown no matter what they do or don’t do.

Have we tried signing a quality FA in Ballard's tenure to see how that turns out? The positive crowd would be happy because they'll go along with anything and justify it as long as Ballard is behind it. The negative crowd will be happy because Ballard would be putting in an effort to fill a premium position and is spending in FA. Finally, the realists will be happy because Ballard is learning from his mistake not spending, and making the team much more competitive through FA, and not being a one-trick pony GM through his drafting.

I'd say everyone could be happy if we spent on a high-quality FA that made sense position-wise.

These are more what I want to see happen:

Haason Reddick - Immediate pass rushing production and can play the Joker role 

Marcus Williams - fits Bradley’s defense perfectly. Is only 25 and is an “A” player

OJ Howard - Vet TE signing hoping for a bounceback.

2 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Marcus Williams - fits Bradley’s defense perfectly. Is only 25 and is an “A” player

Perfect. 

Resign a few of our own too.

Pryor, Franklin, Stallworth, MO or Pascal, and Reed.

Maybe Lewis.

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Have we tried signing a quality FA in Ballard's tenure to see how that turns out? The positive crowd would be happy because they'll go along with anything and justify it as long as Ballard is behind it. The negative crowd will be happy because Ballard would be putting in an effort to fill a premium position and is spending in FA. Finally, the realists will be happy because Ballard is learning from his mistake not spending, and making the team much more competitive through FA, and not being a one-trick pony GM through his drafting.

I'd say everyone could be happy if we spent on a high-quality FA that made sense position-wise.

Justin Houston AT $13M per was no chump.
 Of course Ballard explained it so a caveman should be able to comprehend it. And has been oft done before, you build through the draft for a few years, wait to see what becomes of it, and if it works (seven Pro Bowlers), THEN you spend your $$ resigning your best and fill in the holes as best you can.
 That will include FA's at the right price. 
  Tried and True, and Extremely Simple for a fan to try to comprehend!!
  But with 32 GM's throwing their Hundreds of Millions around in a matter of hours and days, it's a pretty crazy thing to execute.  
  What seems hard for many to get is, the Players have to want to come.
 We have little to no chance for many FA's. They want to get closer to home, or play for certain coaches that they think will give them their best chance to play to their abilities, or they just want to win now. 
  Let's pray for a few important hits, GL CB!

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Philip Rivers and people still complained about him.

People complain no matter what the Colts do or don’t with everything.

7 hours ago, shasta519 said:

A lot on here wanted Reddick when he was drafted, I’d like to kick the tires on him too. But I doubt it

7 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Williams seems a like GREAT player for this D.

And we must add a TE that can stretch the seams. lol

6 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/14/report-davante-adams-says-he-wont-play-for-franchise-tag-he-and-packers-are-far-apart/

Cmon Ballard!!! Do whatever it takes to get Adams here! Only way though is if we can get a good qb like Carr! Not Mariota!

Doing whatever it takes will probably mean paying him 25 to 30 per

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

A lot on here wanted Reddick when he was drafted, I’d like to kick the tires on him too. But I doubt it

Unfortunately at this point, it will be a bit more than kicking the tires. Probably $14-16M AAV over 3-4 years.

Archived