Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Discussion/news of Free Agent Signings 2022

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Reminder Colts are not a attractive destination right now.

Neither were the Patriots last FA offseason and they had no problem signing players. FA players did not even know who their QB was going to be at the time.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If Saints get Watson, will Sean Payton come out of retirement? Valid question.

I would say that Payton is one of the more "on-script" play callers and HCs, and Watson is one of the more non-scripted and improvising QBs.  Seems like oil and water to me, but you never know.

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Must not be much value in Jimmy 

Or SF telling potential suitors that they are willing to wait.  Meaning, JGs price goes up if you wait us out to trade for him, because if you do, JG will be your only option by then.

12 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I really don’t think Ballard knows how to work FA.

Overall, I wouldn't expect anything different from Ballard. He has a process and he will hold steadfast to that process.

I'm actually not too worried about it. Irsay hired him to build the team and Ballard should have the opportunity to follow through on his vision on how this team should be built, without succumbing to internal and external pressure.

In the end, he should be judged by the actions he's taken and not taken.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

Mitch T to the Steelers is strange. I doubt he's starter material for them and they already have 2 back ups. Well, he's better than Rudolph..

2 year deal suggests they are open to the possibility of Trubisky being there long term if he does well in year 1, IMO.

Colts should go with Fitzpatrick. Not afraid to stretch the field and would be glad to hand it off to JT as a stop gap QB. For what it is worth, Fitzpatrick had a better rating than Jimmy G and Mitch Trubisky in 2020, the last full season he played.

Washington Football Team GIF by Washington Commanders

• Like 1