Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Watch Party

RollerColt

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless Atlanta still trades Ryan, I'm guessing it will be Garoppolo.  The Niners must have asked for a high pick, but now that the Colts could have had Ryan and could possibly have Mayfield for peanuts, they're not going to pay it.  They're just waiting them out.  

IMO, the best short term option is Mariota. You don't give up any assets for him and the contract shouldn't be that substantial. Draft at positions of need this year (LT, WR, CB, etc). Then try and draft a QB prosect next year that is better than anyone that's in this year's draft.

Better long term option is giving up assets to get Mayfield and hope that he magically matures into a productive and professional leader of the team. I love his fire, but at times he gets ridiculous with it, loses his composure and makes mistakes.

46 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

What really bad about drafting a QB also is they have backed themselves into a corner and may have to take one they don’t truly believe in. 

They have a plan and are sticking to it. Just because they are not moving the way any of us want them to, does nit mean they are in a corner. I will be excited for anyone they bring in and hope they are great.

I've read through this thread again and I still do not feel Ballard has a plan for QB.  I do not think any QB left but Ryan can help us win now.  I also see no QB in this draft that is going to be good quick.  

I see another lost year.  I hope I am wrong but being in QB hell sucks.  We have been lucky with Manning and Luck.  It seems Murphy's law is upon us. 

Ballard has over looked multiple chances to fix this WB situation. He didn’t “ like “ Stanford. Look what he did… I really think Ballard needs to be fired next off-season, especially if they plan to draft a QB. I want him to have nothing to do with drafting a possible long term QB. I honestly don’t think he understands the position or what it needs. 

4 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

I've read through this thread again and I still do not feel Ballard has a plan for QB.  I do not think any QB left but Ryan can help us win now.  I also see no QB in this draft that is going to be good quick.  

I see another lost year.  I hope I am wrong but being in QB hell sucks.  We have been lucky with Manning and Luck.  It seems Murphy's law is upon us. 

It's really hard to tell how a quarterback's going to pan out coming from the draft..... I trust if we draft one in the second or move up to the first that the Colts know where they're doing.

6 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

We’re the 90’s version of the Colts again. 

17 minutes ago, ad24rouse said:

Today is the 4th day of the new league year. Chill out.

I agree that it’s hyperbole to already say it’s his worst offseason. 

But imo the biggest moves of the offseason generally happen in the first few days of FA and of course, the draft. Ballard’s gonna have to have a good one for sure. 

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Or move on from Baker and try to sign FA QBs like Winston. He played pretty good last season and the Colts don’t waste a draft pick. There’s some decent Vet CBs still left as well. Then find weapons in the draft.

3 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Or move on from Baker and try to sign FA QBs like Winston. He played pretty good last season and the Colts don’t waste a draft pick. There’s some decent Vet CBs still left as well. Then find weapons in the draft.

Then there’s this Browns don’t want to trade him in the AFC lol.

1 minute ago, DoubleE Colt said:

Why would the Browns care where he goes when they have just signed Watson and pretty much think he's not that great lol

I think they’ll hold on to him until a decent offer they can’t refuse comes up. There’s a good chance Watson might get suspended 4-8 games. 

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I think they’ll hold on to him until a decent offer they can’t refuse comes up. There’s a good chance Watson might get suspended 4-8 games. 

I'm thinking they trade Baker to Seattle and get Lock in return with picks

Lock will hold the fort until Watson returns 

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

Baker is not going to stay and play the games that Watson is suspended for. 

At this point Mariota and Jimmy aren’t going anywhere so might as well keep trying for Baker. 

If Baker is so bad they want to get rid of him why do they care if he stays in the AFC.

Archived