Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Watch Party

RollerColt

29 minutes ago, chad72 said:

1. Highest completion percentage in Luck's career came with Reich in 2018

2. Rivers had 23 TDs, 20 INTs in 2019, and went from 66 to 68% completion percentage in 2020 with 24 TDs and 11 INTs

3. Wentz had a terrible 2020 with 16 TDs and 15 INTs, Frank got him to 27 TDs and 7 INTs in 2021 and from 57.4% completion percentage to 62.4% completion

I am sure you are going to be one of those posters that says "yeah but...", maybe you should personally ask QBs around the league if you can. :)  Reich is not perfect and gets cute with his play calling at times, but overall he improves QB numbers.

I predict Reich is fired next year.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Ryan is much less a risk then Wentz. He is a pretty safe bet with pretty much no risk.

No risk? Stop it. 

If he had no risk, ATL wouldn't have been trying to upgrade on him this year, and last year. It's not just because of the $$$ they owe him. Teams will gladly pay big bucks to players who're worth it.

We need to be clear headed and clear eyed in what we're saying. Every single QB who has been linked to the Colts is a big risk. If they were not, their teams would not be trying to find a sucker to fling them to.

Just now, 1959Colts said:

I predict Reich is fired next year.

I predict they all will be fired next year.

This honestly is stupid. Right now, the Colts should me making offer for Robert Woods, if they believe his injury isn't going to hamper his production. 

Go get Woods, NOW. He is a production guy.

6 minutes ago, philba101 said:

That is the path we are left with. A real plan would have had a specific player in mind and you go get him. Maybe the Colts wanted one of the big fish like Wilson or Rodgers and when that didn't happen they just resigned to take the path you described.

A real plan would have been to get an elite QB? Okay. 

In planning, no matter the industry you're in, you have several scenarios you gameplan for. They're not any more real than the other. The reason you have multiple scenarios planned is you do not know how things will unfold. 

What you're saying is that because the Colts couldn't get an ELITE guy, everything/anything else is a LACK of planning? Or real planning?

Think about it.

3 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

No risk? Stop it. 

If he had no risk, ATL wouldn't have been trying to upgrade on him this year, and last year. It's not just because of the $$$ they owe him. Teams will gladly pay big bucks to players who're worth it.

We need to be clear headed and clear eyed in what we're saying. Every single QB who has been linked to the Colts is a big risk. If they were not, their teams would not be trying to find a sucker to fling them to.

Santa wants to get younger at qb. Colts are ready to win now

15 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Winston is not the same guy he was when he came into the league. He is a married man with 2 young children now. He had been nothing but a great team mate and a leader.

OK. I'll admit that I am biased against him. But of all the quarterbacks we are talking about, he has had the worst injury: torn left ACL and MCL. When would he be able to practice with his new teammates if he comes here? Again, I say no.

5 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Santa wants to get younger at qb. Colts are ready to win now

Do you mind expanding on this comment? Who is Santa?

Newflash. Most teams are ready to win now. There are minor exceptions like Houston, JVille, Detroit, the Jets. Teams who have serious cultural concerns that have led to long time dysfunction which make it singularly hard for QBs to thrive there. The whole notion that we're unique because we're ready to win now is just bar room talk. 

Also, win what? The SB? Lets win the division first.

Ryan is the less risky option then Baker. Baker would get Ballard and Reich fired if it went bad. Ryan will get instant respect in the locker room. Will have him for more then one year.  He is a leader on and off the field. 

Go add Hooper to give him a familiar face and another WR we will be good. This could help get TY back too. We have the draft to add weapons also. We so need to secure that LT spot. I would be uneasy going with Pryor as the starter.

Just now, Colt.45 said:

Do you mind expanding on this comment? Who is Santa?

Newflash. Most teams are ready to win now. There are minor exceptions like Houston, JVille, Detroit, the Jets. Teams who have serious cultural concerns that have led to long time dysfunction which make it singularly hard for QBs to thrive there. The whole notion that we're unique because we're ready to win now is just bar room talk. 

Also, win what? The SB? Lets win the division first.

Phones spell check changed Atlanta to Santa lol

3 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

OK. I'll admit that I am biased against him. But of all the quarterbacks we are talking about, he has had the worst injury: torn left ACL and MCL. When would he be able to practice with his new teammates if he comes here? Again, I say no.

Which is why Ryan is a good choice. The dude is durable. He will also be available all off season.

4 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Phones spell check changed Atlanta to Santa lol

Phone's got you dreaming of a white christmas :D

Atlanta are not trying to move from Ryan to Watson because of age. They're trying to do so because one player is markedly better than the other. If Ryan was as good as Watson, Atlanta would not give a hoot if he was 40. Just as the Bucs dont care. Just as the Packers dont care.

This league is production based. Atlanta knows what Ryan is. Same way Philly knew what Wentz was. Don't get caught up in the jive, teams dont just get younger at QB like that. If they're moving, it's usually with good reason. Reason? There's better available to them.

Why'd we move Wentz? Is there better available? Simply put....yes.

Ryan is a solid QB and a great pickup for the Colts.  I didn't realize he would be available.

He struggled last season because of the horrible Falcons oline.

True, Colts need a LT and some WR weapons, but not really many holes to fill.  All holes especially WR can be filled in this deep WR draft.  I would love if the Colts picked up two WRs from the draft and brought in a 4.3 and 4.4 guy.  We desperately need to get faster and more explosive.

LT can be filled in the draft or FA.  I'll leave that up to Ballard.

Ryan is better than Tannehill and if the Colts get Ryan there is no reason the Colts couldn't win the division next year.

14 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Ryan is the less risky option then Baker. Baker would get Ballard and Reich fired if it went bad. Ryan will get instant respect in the locker room. Will have him for more then one year.  He is a leader on and off the field. 

Go add Hooper to give him a familiar face and another WR we will be good. This could help get TY back too. We have the draft to add weapons also. We so need to secure that LT spot. I would be uneasy going with Pryor as the starter.

CB is a huge need too

I’m fine with Ryan, especially since it means we’ll likely be drafting a QB at some point, but imo he’s on the decline more than some think.

QB rankings at the end of the season had him right in the middle, a couple places above Wentz, and I think that’s about right.

Probably a very similar situation to Rivers. He’ll make certain guys look better than Wentz did, but his lack of mobility will be a factor, like it was with Rivers at times. And if Pryor’s our LT it’s gonna be interesting (people assuming we’re gonna get a day 1 starting LT in the draft are being very optimistic imo).

48 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

See, i don't think Wentz had a decent year. He was average. He was worse than Brissett was in 2019. He had the best back in the league and proceeded to NOT help that back at all. The Colts understand that they can literally pull in a QB off the streets and replicate that Wentz showing. Why do they think that? Well because they did it with Carson last year, and they've done it with Jacoby before. They have a solid feel for what their baseline is.

You're getting hung up in the WHO. The WHO doesnt really matter. They can replicate that baseline. If it's Ryan, maybe he gets them a couple extra wins than what Mariota would but that's not the point to them. The point to the Colts is the price. Does the price restrict them from drafting the rookie QB? If yes, then they'd be out. 

You seriously think Ballard called the Texans and expected a YES? You dont actually believe that do you?

Carson Wentz this past season was not worse than Brissett in 2019. Wentz had better completion percentage, more passing yards, more passing touchdowns, had 1 more interception than Brisset (guess he's worse in that category) and a higher QB rating. Carson had better stats than Brissett did... He is not worse than Brissett.

The WHO matters, it always does. If Carson's baseline was average, then of course, we can find average play with most QBs. If the Colts are trying to save money or draft capital on QB, then we're in the same boat as we were before. 

No, I don't think Ballard called the Texans expecting a yes. I think the call shouldn't have even been made. Ballard called to attempt to speak with Watson but Houston declined. Why even try to put any due diligence there in the first place? Don't you find that a little surprising? I think Ballard is trying to scrape at the bottom of the barrel here. 

52 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

I'm not going to get into the arguments about whether he'd be the best QB or not because they won't get us anywhere, and are largely subjective.

What we know for a fact is Ryan's numbers have been indicative of a league average QB. What we know for a fact is ATL have wanted to upgrade on him for a while. 

He might not be done but his team knows he won't get them to where they'd like to go.

For the Colts, maybe he's good enough to win us the AFC S, maybe not. The only certainty is in a couple years, we'd likely be doing what ATL is doing now. Ryan is a bridge QB AT BEST.

It depends for all we know Ryan may play as long as Brady lol. Mayfield has 60 percent completion rate last year. Winston had a 59 percentage completion rate. Ryan completely 67 percent of his passes while running for his life and looked good throwing on the run. He definitely looks to have alot in the tank still. Even if Ryan only plays a short time he gives us the best chance to win now

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

It wasn't a good situation all around, but selling Wentz ASAP likely gave Ballard a much better return. Could you imagine if the Watson news had already come out? I think the Colts would be a similar situation to SF...maybe even worse.

Better return for returning draft capital and money, yes for sure. But how Ballard will use that to improve the team? We will see...

They are both old, but Ryan is more mobile than Rivers was and Ryan could help us get to the playoffs next year. The only obstacle now is how much Atlanta wants for him. I would not give up our second this year or next year's first. That's too much IMO.

1 hour ago, Colt.45 said:

A real plan would have been to get an elite QB? Okay. 

In planning, no matter the industry you're in, you have several scenarios you gameplan for. They're not any more real than the other. The reason you have multiple scenarios planned is you do not know how things will unfold. 

What you're saying is that because the Colts couldn't get an ELITE guy, everything/anything else is a LACK of planning? Or real planning?

Think about it.

That is not what I am saying. What I am saying is it appears that if that was their original plan, then they don't appear to have a decent backup plan, or at least they have not been able to execute it.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Peter king said on nbc sports that someone within the colts told him they don’t plan on spending a lot on QB this year. What does that even mean. If that’s the case they would of signed Mariota already.

Ballard usually keeps things well hidden 

Archived