Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What if…Watson goes to the Dolphins and Tua becomes available?

Smonroe

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

Tua doesn't solve LT no more than Wentz solves RT? 

Are you saying we have a problem at RT?  Wholeheartedly disagree.  We have one of the best RTs in the league iMHO.

A Left handed QB isn’t as dependent on the LT since it’s not his blindside.  

Geez, I didn’t think I had to explain that, it’s so obvious.  

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Are you saying we have a problem at RT?  Wholeheartedly disagree.  We have one of the best RTs in the league iMHO.

A Left handed QB isn’t as dependent on the LT since it’s not his blindside.  

Geez, I didn’t think I had to explain that, it’s so obvious.  

definitely don't think we have an issue at RT

I'm saying your logic is invalid. 

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

why you say that? i haven't heard much about it so im curious

22 women have accused him of sexual assault.  That isn't going away.   If they all agree to a settlement that will mean he is admitting guilt.   The league will suspended him for a long time

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

22 women have accused him of sexual assault.  That isn't going away.   If they all agree to a settlement that will mean he is admitting guilt.   The league will suspended him for a long time

AB had a lot of issues and he came back kind of swift? I'm not gonna pretend I've looked into the Watson thing but settlements are not an admission of guilt, even if they do look bad. 

'Just found this in a recent article,. interesting to note that no charges have been filed ( which means no evidence has been submitted to warrant being charged)

No charges have been filed, and there is no specific timetable on when or if there will be a decision reached on Watson’s status. Law enforcement sources said there hasn’t been any DNA, audio, or video evidence submitted or discovered by Houston Police detectives. Watson has denied wrongdoing previously on social media, and his attorney, Rusty Hardin, has stated in a press conference that the NFL player had consensual sex with masseuses.

Hard to see a world where the NFL punishes someone where no evidence is being produced (if that stays the same)

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/deshaun-watson-where-things-stand-one-month-out-from-free-agency/

5 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

AB had a lot of issues and he came back kind of swift? I'm not gonna pretend I've looked into the Watson thing but settlements are not an admission of guilt, even if they do look bad. 

'Just found this in a recent article,. interesting to note that no charges have been filed ( which means no evidence has been submitted to warrant being charged)

No charges have been filed, and there is no specific timetable on when or if there will be a decision reached on Watson’s status. Law enforcement sources said there hasn’t been any DNA, audio, or video evidence submitted or discovered by Houston Police detectives. Watson has denied wrongdoing previously on social media, and his attorney, Rusty Hardin, has stated in a press conference that the NFL player had consensual sex with masseuses.

Hard to see a world where the NFL punishes someone where no evidence is being produced (if that stays the same)

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/deshaun-watson-where-things-stand-one-month-out-from-free-agency/

Not to mention a certain owner that never even got a tap on the wrist for frequenting illegal establishments.  

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Why?  Please explain.

Well ultimately more things impact the pass rush more than which arm the QB uses to throw.  If the LT was trash and we had a decent Tua he would still struggle because there would be constant pressure from the left side.

Likewise, if Wentz holds the ball for 4 seconds each throw then it really doesn't matter how good your RT is.  

So basically what im saying is that just because he'll have better eyes on the LT, doesn't mean it would really fix or even help the situation. You still need 5 competent pass and run blockers

*also im a little biased because i haven't really liked tua since the beginning. 

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

I know, I know, this should be in the fantasy section….but…

It solves the LT issues and still gives us a mobile QB.

And it’s an upgrade over Wentz IMHO.  

okay, I’m done, lol!

So you want to get rid of a QB that makes dumb decisions, for a QB that makes dumb decisions and doesn't have the arm strength to be a NFL QB??

Makes sense.

41 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Ben Roethlisberger and tom brady disagree 

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

I know, I know, this should be in the fantasy section….but…

It solves the LT issues and still gives us a mobile QB.

And it’s an upgrade over Wentz IMHO.  

okay, I’m done, lol!

In what way is he an upgrade? Please explain your reasonings behind that statement.

1 hour ago, AustinnKaine said:

There doesn’t have to be criminal charges filed, or even a conviction, for the league to hand down what it thinks is appropriate sanctions.

Watson WILL be suspended.   The only question is….  For how long?   Why do you think he hasn’t been traded yet?   Because any team acquiring him has to factor in giving up a boat load of high picks for a QB who might miss somewhere between half and all of a season.    Maybe more?   That’s a very complicated decision.  

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There doesn’t have to be criminal charges filed, or even a conviction, for the league to hand down what it thinks is appropriate sanctions.

Watson WILL be suspended.   The only question is….  For how long?   Why do you think he hasn’t been traded yet?   Because any team acquiring him has to factor in giving up a boat load of high picks for a QB who might miss somewhere between half and all of a season.    Maybe more?   That’s a very complicated decision.  

he hasn't played the entire time, and if the case is dismissed or settle what grounds does the NFL really have to suspend him? Seems kinda odd from the player's perspective if he can be placed on suspension for false allegations, or something that wasn't illegal.  all things so far point to there being no evidence of any wrong-doing. Other than hearsay, which on its own won't amount to anything other than maybe civil action

45 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Ben Roethlisberger and tom brady disagree 

with which part? talking about the evidence part? 

you're right, here it is. quote from Goodell when big ben was going through his issues.

Goodell doesn't seem to care.

"You don't have to be convicted of a crime or even charged with a crime," he said. "If there is a pattern of behavior that reflects poorly on yourself and the team, and the league in general, it's important for us to have early intervention to stop that behavior ... so that they live up to the standards that people expect in the NFL."

12 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

he hasn't played the entire time, and if the case is dismissed or settle what grounds does the NFL really have to suspend him? Seems kinda odd from the player's perspective if he can be placed on suspension for false allegations, or something that wasn't illegal.  all things so far point to there being no evidence of any wrong-doing. Other than hearsay, which on its own won't amount to anything other than maybe civil action

There's 3 things playing out.

• Criminal cases - DA is supposed to be on track to make their position known by end of March
  • Civil cases - Watson is scheduled next to give his deposition, which I believe the DA also is interested in (not sure how the legalities work with the Criminal case using Civil evidence). 18 of the 22 women were ready to settle before last season's trade deadline. Not sure where the 4 holdouts are. Guessing they are simply holding out for more and feel they will gain traction with the deposition. 
  • NFL probe - waiting on both the above. 

Up to the trade deadline, Houston was holding out for 3 1st round picks, plus a combo of 3 second round picks or 3 players. Reports said they had 2-3 teams willing to pay that price (I was surprised) but wanted various clauses having to do with the outcomes of the 3 things above.

My prediction... Criminal case is dropped. Civil (all 22) settles a month or so after the deposition. NFL takes into account his missed year, and suspends him 4-6 games. Likely ends up with Panthers. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

There's 3 things playing out.

• Criminal cases - DA is supposed to be on track to make their position known by end of March
  • Civil cases - Watson is scheduled next to give his deposition, which I believe the DA also is interested in (not sure how the legalities work with the Criminal case using Civil evidence). 18 of the 22 women were ready to settle before last season's trade deadline. Not sure where the 4 holdouts are. Guessing they are simply holding out for more and feel they will gain traction with the deposition. 
  • NFL probe - waiting on both the above. 

Up to the trade deadline, Houston was holding out for 3 1st round picks, plus a combo of 3 second round picks or 3 players. Reports said they had 2-3 teams willing to pay that price (I was surprised) but wanted various clauses having to do with the outcomes of the 3 things above.

My prediction... Criminal case is dropped. Civil (all 22) settles a month or so after the deposition. NFL takes into account his missed year, and suspends him 4-6 games. Likely ends up with Panthers. 

yeah i was seeing people get actually convicted and still only suspend 6 games or so when trying to find out more about big ben. hard to see them suspending him for much longer than that if nothing is proven, also missing out on 6 games to aquire a franchise QB doesn't seem like the worst thing. 

Amused by the vast variety of posts recommending so many different QB solutions.  Rodgers.  Watson.  Wilson.  Garappolo.  Love.  Tagovailoa.  Carr.  Mariotta.  Lock.  Bridgewater.  Brady.  Trubisky.  Exhausting every possible candidate.  Every possible trade scenario, and salary consideration.

Reminds me of the end of the 1985 film, War Games.  In the film, the W.O.P.R. super computer flashes through every possible global thermonuclear war scenario, blowing up the earth thousands of times.  Simulated, of course.  Until it finally reaches a conclusion, and declares, "Strange game.  The only winning move is.... not to play."

What does that mean for the Colts?

Does that mean the only winning move is.... to stick with Wentz?

36 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

yeah i was seeing people get actually convicted and still only suspend 6 games or so when trying to find out more about big ben. hard to see them suspending him for much longer than that if nothing is proven, also missing out on 6 games to aquire a franchise QB doesn't seem like the worst thing. 

It'll be interesting to see once the details come out. Soliciting massages via instagram and flying them in... ? Seems really sketchy on both sides. And if reports are true that some of the early ones to file suit, asked for hush money before filing, even sketchier. Not saying there are not some true victims, but if you're asking for hush money while not reporting a crime to police.... sorry, the credibility fails.  Wreaks of money grab if true. Regardless, Watson is incredibly sketchy in this too. No way I'd give up three 1Rers and three 2Rers for him. Just no way. He'll be a distraction and subject to chants at every road game lol... I'm sure he'll get some backlash at home too. Dude was a train wreck of issues even before this happened. 

1 hour ago, AustinnKaine said:

There isn’t A case.   There’s 22 of them.  That isn’t a little bit of smoke, that’s a raging fire. 

I listened to a Mike Florio interview this week. He said there was almost a deal to settle.  18 of the 22 had agreed to $100,000 each.  But the other four stopped a settlement for unknown reasons.  Could’ve been money, could’ve been the language of the settle thing.   Eventually, there will be a settlement.  Watson doesn’t want to be deposed saying he wanted 22 different women to give him a Happy Ending.  

But the NFL doesn’t need a settlement to impose a suspension for conduct, illegal or otherwise.   But a civil action is enough.  You keep trying to dismiss this as not very much.  This is a Big Stinking Deal, whether you want to acknowledge this or not. 

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There isn’t A case.   There’s 22 of them.  That isn’t a little bit of smoke, that’s a raging fire. 

I listened to a Mike Florio interview this week. He said there was almost a deal to settle.  18 of the 22 had agreed to $100,000 each.  But the other four stopped a settlement for unknown reasons.  Could’ve been money, could’ve been the language of the settle thing.   Eventually, there will be a settlement.  Watson doesn’t want to be deposed saying he wanted 22 different women to give him a Happy Ending.  

But the NFL doesn’t need a settlement to impose a suspension for conduct, illegal or otherwise.   But a civil action is enough.  You keep trying to dismiss this as not very much.  This is a Big Stinking Deal, whether you want to acknowledge this or not. 

maybe you didnt read the edited part of my post , or the part where i said i wasn't going to pretend i knew a lot about it. (i went and found the commisioner's quote when it was regarding Big Ben, its under the post that you are quoting)

what i do know is that there has been no evidence presented, nor any criminal charges presented, so in that essence, it really isn't that big of a deal yet.  

also, there are 22 women, which will probably end up all getting the same settlement, im aware that it isnt strictly one case but thats essentially what it will boil down to. 

5 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

maybe you didnt read the edited part of my post , or the part where i said i wasn't going to pretend i knew a lot about it. (i went and found the commisioner's quote when it was regarding Big Ben, its under the post that you are quoting)

what i do know is that there has been no evidence presented, nor any criminal charges presented, so in that essence, it really isn't that big of a deal yet.  

also, there are 22 women, which will probably end up all getting the same settlement, im aware that it isnt strictly one case but thats essentially what it will boil down to. 

The Big Ben case may have been 10 or more years ago.   The world has changed dramatically since then.   Women's issues and concerns are very important to the NFL.  
Again, there can be a settlement that satisfies everyone, but that doesn’t mean the NFL just turns away and says nothing to see here, it’s all over.   They will impose a punishment simply for embarrassing the NFL, for putting his Dirty Laundry out in full view of the public. 

Bad image for the league.   That’s all they need. 

28 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Big Ben case may have been 10 or more years ago.   The world has changed dramatically since then.   Women's issues and concerns are very important to the NFL.  
Again, there can be a settlement that satisfies everyone, but that doesn’t mean the NFL just turns away and says nothing to see here, it’s all over.   They will impose a punishment simply for embarrassing the NFL, for putting his Dirty Laundry out in full view of the public. 

Bad image for the league.   That’s all they need. 

i think we are talking past each other. 

i know that they will take action, if you read above i posted the quote, and not much has changed in the last 10 years.  that's what jvan and i were discussing, the league has made it clear they will suspend people.  

"You don't have to be convicted of a crime or even charged with a crime," he said. "If there is a pattern of behavior that reflects poorly on yourself and the team, and the league in general, it's important for us to have early intervention to stop that behavior ... so that they live up to the standards that people expect in the NFL."

- Goodell (this was in regards to big ben)

4 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Well ultimately more things impact the pass rush more than which arm the QB uses to throw.  If the LT was trash and we had a decent Tua he would still struggle because there would be constant pressure from the left side.

Likewise, if Wentz holds the ball for 4 seconds each throw then it really doesn't matter how good your RT is.  

So basically what im saying is that just because he'll have better eyes on the LT, doesn't mean it would really fix or even help the situation. You still need 5 competent pass and run blockers

*also im a little biased because i haven't really liked tua since the beginning. 

I think your last sentence is the your argument. 

Obviously every team wants 5 competent pass protectors.  And the guy that protects the QBs blind side is the most important.  That’s why good LTs are so valuable and costly.  

We have a very good RT.  If we had a left handed QB, the LT would be less important.  

Say what you will about Tua, in my opinion he’s an upgrade over Wentz and we wouldn’t have to count on Fisher, or whoever is playing LT, to be a stud.  

37 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

i think we are talking past each other. 

i know that they will take action, if you read above i posted the quote, and not much has changed in the last 10 years.  that's what jvan and i were discussing, the league has made it clear they will suspend people.  

- Goodell (this was in regards to big ben)

You mean you haven’t said to me in multiple posts that why would the NFL take action against Watson?   You didn’t point out there gave only been charges, but nothing else?   You haven’t dismissed the situation as A case against Watson when there are 22 cases?   A fact that doesn’t seem to impress you?   You didn’t cite the Big Ben case as an example of what the NFL might or might NOT do?

You seemed to be disagreeing with JVan.   I was simply continuing the discussion.   

Archived