Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Playoffs Discussion-- Divisional Round, Jan 22 to Jan 23, 2022

NFLfan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I figured you liked him more. Patrick Mahomes is another PM, prolific like Peyton Manning but can use his legs and is unreal with his arm angles, and in all commercials.

We loved it when our guy was in all commercials with Peyton but everyone else hated it, like we despise Mahomes and Baker Mayfield for being in so many commercials. I knew of so many non -Colts fans who felt Peyton walked on water in Indy.

Lol. I love Bakers commercials 

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It's pretty much accepted that Denver is interested in making a big move, either for Wilson or Rogers. 

Okay, if they feel they are ready to win, they can make the move. Hopefully Denver GM Paton learned something from his time with us. There is no reason to panic and sign a veteran QB. Wilson is younger; so, that I would make. Rodgers is nearly 40.

1 hour ago, bluebombers87 said:

Where did you see that? Pat McAfee said the colts were very competitive in pursuing him but the cost was too high.

Kevin Bowen, I believe, has said on his radio show that Ballard was not "completely sold" on Stafford.

If they really wanted him, they could have out bid the Rams. They didn't have a ton of draft capital left based on some the trades they had made even before Stafford.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Okay, if they feel they are ready to win, they can make the move. Hopefully Denver GM Paton learned something from his time with us. There is no reason to panic and sign a veteran QB. Wilson is younger; so, that I would make. Rodgers is nearly 40.

I don't think they are panicking at all. They are simply in a win now mode, and Teddy isn't the guy. They have a top 10 D, 2 good RBs, Sutton, Patrick, Jeudy, and Fant. They're only lacking one thing. 

35 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

He was seeing his head coach demanding he trade for Wentz.

Unfortunately, whatever the reason, it was an error in evaluation which doesn't reflect well on either guy and we still have questions at the QB position.

3 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Kevin Bowen, I believe, has said on his radio show that Ballard was not "completely sold" on Stafford.

If they really wanted him, they could have out bid the Rams. They didn't have a ton of draft capital left based on some the trades they had made even before Stafford.

I would take what Bowen says with a grain of salt. He is just another media head that says things for clicks, views and listeners. Staffords wife was looking at houses in the Indy area we were one of the final 3 teams in the trade. Rams outbid us, it became to expensive and we pulled out. How could Ballard not be sold on Stafford but sold on  Wentz he is not that dumb

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I don't think they are panicking at all. They are simply in a win now mode, and Teddy isn't the guy. They have a top 10 D, 2 good RBs, Sutton, Patrick, Jeudy, and Fant. They're only lacking one thing. 

haha I knew you were going to go there, putting down Teddy.  I said it a few weeks before -- I think Teddy should retire.  That said, I still think Denver should get a young QB, not a 39+ year old guy. JMO

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Rodgers isn’t going to a division with both Mahomes and Herbert, IMO. 

AFC South and NFC East have the least depth in QB play, he’s going to one of those divisions, IMO. I can see him going to the Steelers who have a good WR corps too with the Ravens and Bengals having good QB play but not sure it’s as good as Mahomes and Herbert.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

haha I knew you were going to go there, putting down Teddy.  I said it a few weeks before -- I think Teddy should retire.  That said, I still think Denver should get a young QB, not a 39+ year old guy. JMO

Sorry, it's just obvious right now lol. I know you like him, and I don't mean to offend. 

IMO, they don't have time to waste on a young QB developing. They have a window. 

Teddy should stick around. He's a great #2, and can continue to make good money. 

So many Vikings playing well for other teams. Mike Hughes is with the Chiefs too.

Mike Hughes was our Philip Dorsett. He was drafted late in the first round like Dorsett was. Fans were so upset that we drafted yet another CB when we needed OL. We missed out on many guards like Austin Corbett who we saw with the Rams earlier. I think Orlando Brown was also in that draft. 

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

Bills look tired. No one trying to wrap up and just whiffing hard. Gonna be real hard for Buffalo now. 

I kept saying I felt this whole year for Buffalo was about getting back at the Patriots. They absolutely demolished the Patriots but didn't look as dominant in other games

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I'm impressed by KC. I figured the bills would control this one

If Mahomes beats Allen, it’ll be like Belichick and Brady getting the best of Peyton early on, Reid and Mahomes getting the best of Allen. Sean McDermott, like Dungy, is not someone folks expect to out coach too many.

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Bills actually need another outside weapon opposite of Diggs to compete with KC. And a better running back.

They have the weapons but when teams play pass against them they need to be able to run

Did you see that weapon named Davis? :)  It’s not last year’s Bills with Davis, Knox, Sanders in the fold.

15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Sorry, it's just obvious right now lol. I know you like him, and I don't mean to offend. 

IMO, they don't have time to waste on a young QB developing. They have a window. 

Teddy should stick around. He's a great #2, and can continue to make good money. 

I know. You and I are similar in that we like to play Devil's Advocate and we get ourselves in trouble. 

Denver should go for Wilson over Rodgers. Wilson has at least 6 more years.

I want Teddy to have a future. He has had too many concussions. I have worked with those with cognitive impairment; it is awful. When you are young and have cognitive impairment, it is awful. 

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Rodgers isn’t going to a division with both Mahomes and Herbert, IMO. 

AFC South and NFC East have the least depth in QB play, he’s going to one of those divisions, IMO. I can see him going to the Steelers who have a good WR corps too with the Ravens and Bengals having good QB play but not sure it’s as good as Mahomes and Herbert.

I think AR would go to any place with a top 10 D, good OL, and great skill players on O, that will pay him a premium. 

Steelers need to simply rebuild. They have a good RB and two good WRs, but their OL and D suck. They have some good pieces on D, but they need to get better in several areas. Their secondary is just plain bad (bottom 10). Their OL is plain bad (bottom 10). 

AR would never, ever, to to an OL ranked in the bottom 10. Denver's OL isn't top 10, but they are much improved, and none of the positions are overly bad. And I'm sure they'll be looking to upgrade again this offseason if they can land a big QB. AR's quick strike arm would make Denver's OL look better than they are, but he's not fast enough to make Pitt's OL look good. 

I told my brother that he should join us here and that the folks here are big fans of his former Syracuse Orange player, Marvin Harrison. I asked him if he knew Harrison when he was at Syracuse. He said no. He said Harrison left before he got there. (Harrison is several years older than my brother.) My brother said he knew Keith Bullock, McNabb, and Rob Conrad. I don't  remember Conrad but I remember the name. 

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I know. You and I are similar in that we like to play Devil's Advocate and we get ourselves in trouble. 

Denver should go for Wilson over Rodgers. Wilson has at least 6 more years.

I want Teddy to have a future. He has had too many concussions. I have worked with those with cognitive impairment; it is awful. When you are young and have cognitive impairment, it is awful. 

I like Teddy, I just don't think he's a starter if you have deep playoff aspirations. He'd be the best, or near the best, backup though. 

If I'm Denver, I'd go AR. IMO AR does not look to be slowing from age. I'd easily take him over Wilson right now if we're talking a 2-3 year contract. Wilson just hasn't impressed me the last couple years. I've mentioned several times before, but I also think Wilson and Ciara won't go to any place outside Seattle unless it's a town like LA, NY, or Miami.... or some other big time town. Denver is a cool town, but I don't it'll be their destination of choice. 

Archived