Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Playoffs Discussion-- Divisional Round, Jan 22 to Jan 23, 2022

NFLfan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay.  I had to settle myself down after that earlier game. 

I'm back. I love watching Allen, and I hope they continue the script from this weekend. Road teams winning on last minute FG.  Wouldn't that be something?

But I don't plan on getting too worked up over the outcome of this game.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just made me a Crown with ice. This game coming up Buff at KC is 50/50. Man we were so close being in this mix, I told you Tannehill would choke :thmup: not bad homer simpson GIF- I put money on Cincy, Tom is out and Tennessee lost so it is all good. 

I don't blame TN's loss on RT. Henry was just not the same. 3.1 YPC, and he had no burst. RT is a complimentary guy, not a primary. 

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

Where did you see that? Pat McAfee said the colts were very competitive in pursuing him but the cost was too high.

Kevin Bowen said Ballard did not believe Stafford would get them where they needed to be and was not going to sign off on it. Now of course if it was only a 4th round pick take the risk. But he didn’t believe in him enough. Sounds like maybe Ballard was kind of on the fence and because he couldn’t make a decision Rams came in last minute.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Kevin Bowen said Ballard did not believe Stafford would get them where they needed to be and was not going to sign off on it. Now of course if it was only a 4th round pick take the risk. But he didn’t believe in him enough. Sounds like maybe Ballard was kind of on the fence and because he couldn’t make a decision Rams came in last minute.

I think the cost was always too high for Ballard. Then the rams came in with a bombshell offer

14 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Where you going to get all the offensive weapons the Rams have.

we had $69 million in cap space coming into last off season.  We could’ve attracted some people here.  We already have JT, MPJ, and Hines.  Make a splash on a TE and another WR and tbh stafford could work with that.  Would have probably also forced to sign a DE due to us having a first round pick.  Maybe even resigning autry. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Mahomes Mahomesing.....

Nice superman diver. Fun so far.

Going to be a barn burner. Both these QBs can run, both can pass like a cannon, and both are in the prime of their careers.

Next Peyton vs Brady rivalry, IMO

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I don't blame TN's loss on RT. Henry was just not the same. 3.1 YPC, and he had no burst. RT is a complimentary guy, not a primary. 

Yeah I give Tannehill hell (He is ok) but I don't think he is the QB for them to win a SB is why. That other RB they have, Foreman had a 50 yard run and Tannehill threw an INT right after that. To me Tannehill is like Wentz, he just makes too many dumb mistakes. I like Jimmy G because he just wins. His stats don't stand out but on a final drive he comes through it seems. He just wins. Henry looked a bit rusty but he still looked good, just not great.

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

idk if I believe that.  If he didn’t believe stafford was the answer then he would’ve quit  for us getting wentz lol

2 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

we had $69 million in cap space coming into last off season.  We could’ve attracted some people here.  We already have JT, MPJ, and Hines.  Make a splash on a TE and another WR and tbh stafford could work with that.  Would have probably also forced to sign a DE due to us having a first round pick.  Maybe even resigning autry. 

I don’t think the players were there for all that to happen. I think teams would’ve gouged us on the market.

11 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I don't know what to believe but I did post in here saying I would take Stafford over Wentz.

6 minutes ago, runthepost said:

week 1 wasn’t someone saying TY has been better than Kupp the last 2 seasons lmao

I was being sarcastic obviously, but on the serious side...

• This is a perfect example of McVay>>>>>Reich
  • Kupp runs mostly slot routes, and is allowed to run a ton of 9s, slants, etc.. Routes for space... 
  • Reich uses Pascal in the slot, who blocks a lot, and runs mostly short possession type routes.
  • Kupp is not a fast guy. He's a 4.62 guy. TY could run the same routes Kupp is running, and TY could run them faster, and as good. But Reich won't play TY in the slot, nor will he allow him to run hardly any slants or 9s. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

• Kupp runs mostly slot routes, and is allowed to run a ton of 9s, slants, etc.. Routes for space... 
  • Reich uses Pascal in the slot, who blocks a lot, and runs mostly short possession type routes.
  • Kupp is not a fast guy. He's a 4.62 guy. TY could run the same routes Kupp is running, and TY could run them faster, and as good. But Reich won't play TY in the slot, nor will he allow him to run hardly any slants or 9s. 

Maybe TY will play for the Rams next, everyone is going there anyways :) 

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Going to be a barn burner. Both these QBs can run, both can pass like a cannon, and both are in the prime of their careers.

Next Peyton vs Brady rivalry, IMO

Purely my opinion, but don't see the AFC beating the NFC this year. 

I think the Rams win next week, and go on to win it all. 

But with Mahomes, you always have a chance. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

Purely my opinion, but don't see the AFC beating the NFC this year. 

I think the Rams win next week, and go on to win it all. 

But with Mahomes, you always have a chance. 

Chiefs and Bills D make good adjustments, that’s overlooked 

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I give Tannehill hell (He is ok) but I don't think he is the QB for them to win a SB is why. That other RB they have, Foreman had a 50 yard run and Tannehill threw an INT right after that. To me Tannehill is like Wentz, he just makes too many dumb mistakes. I like Jimmy G because he just wins. His stats don't stand out but on a final drive he comes through it seems. He just wins. Henry looked a bit rusty but he still looked good, just not great.

Jimmy has a much better team around him.

TN goes where Henry takes them. 

Henry IMO did not look good at all. No burst. Did not run better late, like he normally does.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If we had a Cupp Reich would use him. We dont. No TY can’t do that anymore.

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Maybe TY will play for the Rams next, everyone is going there anyways :) 

I could see TY going somewhere and having much more production than in Reich's scheme. 

Using a 5-10 guy to post up in the flat and sideline is such a freaking waste. 

TY can still burn the seam, and still get over the top on the outside. 

6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

If we had a Cupp Reich would use him. We dont. No TY can’t do that anymore.

Sorry, but you simply have zero clue about usage, routes, and scheme. 

Kupp is 4.62 guys. He's not fast. 

TY used to run 4.3s, but he's still 4.4s, and still faster than Kupp. 

Reich asks TY to go post up on the sideline and in the flat, something you shouldn't ask a 5-10 (at best) guy to do. 

McVay asks Kupp to run slants and 9s, mostly from the slot. He has the second most air yards in the league. 

TY can still run slants and 9s, and would have more separation than Kupp. 

Kupp's separation (1.66), even when running much more conducive (to separation) routes, is still less than TY's separation (1.78) even though TY gets a bunch of crappy routes that naturally don't get separation.... 

5 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Have you disregarded the Bengals?

Bengals D has been the surprise for me and Burrow is sneaky with his offense playing clock control to protect his D. Eventually we think it’s going to end. Who knows!!!

You saw what the Bills did and Mahomes still pull that TD off?? The Chiefs will be ready for the Bengals. They had them by the throat up 28-14 and Spags started playing Cover 0 blitzing against the Bengals wideout power, won’t repeat that mistakes again. The Chiefs or Bills will be ready in the AFCCG, IMO

Archived