Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Playoffs Discussion-- Divisional Round, Jan 22 to Jan 23, 2022

NFLfan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I give Tannehill hell (He is ok) but I don't think he is the QB for them to win a SB is why. That other RB they have, Foreman had a 50 yard run and Tannehill threw an INT right after that. To me Tannehill is like Wentz, he just makes too many dumb mistakes. I like Jimmy G because he just wins. His stats don't stand out but on a final drive he comes through it seems. He just wins. Henry looked a bit rusty but he still looked good, just not great.

Jimmy G got them to one SB and he’s knocking on that door again.  He wins games like you said.  He always looks like he’s in total command of the team.  He can win a SB.  No doubt.  I think Reich could up his game too.  I think he’s the only realistic trade option for us.  The other guys would be just to expensive for Ballard.  That said I would be surprised if Ballard does anything at QB.  

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They can rush 4 is why and get pressure on the QB. Most teams can't do it.

49ers blitz less, like the Colts, but the Rams blitz the norm (25ish%) or higher. 

49ers, even though their blitz % is near the Colts, stunt a lot more. And their 3rd down mentality is a lot different than ours. We play prevent (quarters or qqh), while SF blitzes and plays C1

Rams are also a 3-4

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

49ers blitz less, like the Colts, but the Rams blitz the norm (25ish%) or higher. 

49ers, even though their blitz % is near the Colts, stunt a lot more. And their 3rd down mentality is a lot different than ours. We play prevent (quarters or qqh), while SF blitzes and plays C1

Rams also have Donald, Miller, and Ramsey

I like this one 

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Jimmy G got them to one SB and he’s knocking on that door again.  He wins games like you said.  He always looks like he’s in total command of the team.  He can win a SB.  No doubt.  I think Reich could up his game too.  I think he’s the only realistic trade option for us.  The other guys would be just to expensive for Ballard.  That said I would be surprised if Ballard does anything at QB.  

I would take him over him Wentz if I was a GM and most of my friends agree with me. 

Dang I hate to keep beating a dead horse but our qb situation stinks when comparing to the Mahomes, Allens, Staffords, Bradys and Burrows of the world. SF is seriously an anomoly. Devasting pass rush, great defense mixed in with a offensive schematic genius who just designs runs that work. They did the same thing in 2020

Just now, chad72 said:

We will see. This game could decide the direction

I just like him more honestly. He's such a gamer and really does give his all every play.

I admire that and Buffalo has had some LEEANN years with those Losman, EJ, Trent Edwards, Kolb types.

18 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Sorry, but you simply have zero clue about usage, routes, and scheme. 

Kupp is 4.62 guys. He's not fast. 

TY used to run 4.3s, but he's still 4.4s, and still faster than Kupp. 

Reich asks TY to go post up on the sideline and in the flat, something you shouldn't ask a 5-10 (at best) guy to do. 

McVay asks Kupp to run slants and 9s, mostly from the slot. He has the second most air yards in the league. 

TY can still run slants and 9s, and would have more separation than Kupp. 

Kupp's separation (1.66), even when running much more conducive (to separation) routes, is still less than TY's separation (1.78) even though TY gets a bunch of crappy routes that naturally don't get separation.... 

@TaylorTheStudMuffin

Given your emoji, please educate us all, and tell us what above is inaccurate? 

1 minute ago, IinD said:

I just like him more honestly. He's such a gamer and really does give his all every play.

I admire that and Buffalo has had some LEEANN years with those Losman, EJ, Trent Edwards, Kolb types.

I figured you liked him more. Patrick Mahomes is another PM, prolific like Peyton Manning but can use his legs and is unreal with his arm angles, and in all commercials.

We loved it when our guy was in all commercials with Peyton but everyone else hated it, like we despise Mahomes and Baker Mayfield for being in so many commercials. I knew of so many non -Colts fans who felt Peyton walked on water in Indy.

Archived