Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Head Coach and GM Hires -- 2022

NFLfan

6 hours ago, JediXMan said:

No way Texans are this incompetent lol.

If I was taking a chance on someone with little experience, I would take Josh McCown. I think he will be a great head coach one day. He has amazing leadership skills. When he was with the Jets, he was like a coach on the field. I had hoped the Vikings would have signed him as an assistant. 

I am a huge fan of McCown.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

@NFLfan

Thanks. Yeah, we Vikings fans have been talking about it for a couple of hours. I would not be completely disappointed with this hire but I don't really like it. He has that "my way or the highway" attitude. I hate that. I wish he was more like his brother John. 

We have interviewed 10 candidates. He is the most successful one. And he has a close relationship with the new Vikings GM.

• Like 1

It sounds like the Vikings have three guys that are leading contenders for the head coach position: Jim Harbaugh, DeMeco Ryans and Kevin O'Connell. They all have a history with our newly hired GM.  I mentioned O'Connell soon after Mike Zimmer was let go, as someone I may want as head coach. He has a history with both our GM and Cousins and he comes from the McVay coaching tree. He and Ryans will be interviewed again this week. I would rather one of them, but any of thr three would be fine for me. Harbaugh is far and away the most accomplished candidate but his personality can rankle some.

Let's see what happens. I am eagerly waiting the move. 

• Like 1

Why hasn't anyone interviewed the now former Raiders interim head coach?

19 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Start the stop watch!  When does he back out?

Let him stay there. That is perfect for him. I wonder if the Raiders paid him $10Million/year too. 

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@VikingsFanInChennai Who do you want as coach now? I am so glad that we did not go after Josh McDaniels. I hope we get a simple coach like O'Connell or DeMeko Ryans.  Jim Harbaugh is too big a personality. Let him go to the Dolphins. 

I'm fine with Raheem Morris or Kevin O'Connell, I just read in DN that Ryans has backed out his availability and will stay with Niners. 

What I actually want is someone who wouldn't extend Cousins and send him off at next opportunity and actually be able to identify and draft a QB. 

That's all I care about with the new GM or HC, someone who could draft a Justin Herbert for Vikings, fully taking the risk that the pick could go waste like Daniel Jones or Haskins or Lock, but would still go for it every time until they get a franchise QB for Vikings one day because that's all that matters. All other jazz would take us nowhere. If that requires a Jim Harbaugh hiring, I'd go for it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Why hasn't anyone interviewed the now former Raiders interim head coach?

Let him stay there. That is perfect for him. I wonder if the Raiders paid him $10Million/year too. 

Raiders are going to regret their decision I have a feeling. Should’ve kept the interim coach, he was a good fit for the team and the city. Joshy is going to be yet another Hoodie disciple to bring the Patriot Way… to a party city… 

• Like 1

I’m very meh on Pederson.   A week ago the talk was they were about to hire Leftwich.  And suddenly they weren’t.  BL officially withdrew yesterday.   

One bizarre story about the Jags process has leaked out.   Owner Shad Kahn and Baalke interviewing candidates and Kahn asks the candidates if they think they can work with Baalke while Baalke is sitting right there in the room!   Incredibly unprofessional.    The whole Jags process is getting bad reviews from observers everywhere. 

Feel bad for Trevor Lawrence who seems like a good kid.   He deserves better.   But if J’Ville screws this up again,  I won’t lose any sleep.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m very meh on Pederson.   A week ago the talk was they were about to hire Leftwich.  And suddenly they weren’t.  BL officially withdrew yesterday.   

One bizarre story about the Jags process has leaked out.   Owner Shad Kahn and Baalke interviewing candidates and Kahn asks the candidates if they think they can work with Baalke while Baalke is sitting right there in the room!   Incredibly unprofessional.    The whole Jags process is getting bad reviews from observers everywhere. 

Feel bad for Trevor Lawrence who seems like a good kid.   He deserves better.   But if J’Ville screws this up again,  I won’t lose any sleep.  

If Khan trusts Baalke and wants a new HC to work with Baalke, I wonder why he needs to be asking that question in the first place, let Baalke sort it out. A guy with no football origins suddenly feels a need to interfere with football decisions, it is never going to be a good thing. 

As far as Leftwich is concerned, I think Bruce Arians will retire after 2022, IMO, and ride off into the sunset and Leftwich will succeed him. At least that is my gut feeling.

2 hours ago, smittywerb said:

Lovie smith being hired by the texans

No one wanted the job? I would not have taken it, but Lovie is older and he is from Texas. I saw a show on TV the other day and the people were from Big Sandy, Texas. That is where Lovie is from, IIRC. 

He should hire Josh McCown as the QB coach.