4. Vikings -- Kwesi Adofo-Mensah, formerly of the 49ers and Browns
  5. Steelers -- (after draft) 

Head Coach hires:

• Bears -- Matt Eberflus, former DC of your Indianapolis Colts 
  • Broncos-- Nathaniel Hackett, former OC of the Packers
  • Dolphins -- Mike McDaniel, formerly of the 48ers
  • Giants -- Brian Daboll, former OC of the Bills
  • Jaguars -- Doug Pederson
  • Raiders -- Josh McDaniels, former OC of the Patriots and former head coach of the Broncos
  • Saints --Dennis Allen, promoted from Defensive Coordinator 
  • Texans -- Lovie Smith, promoted from within the organization
  • Vikings -- (pending) Kevil O'Connell, currently the Rams OC

I will update this as the positions get filled. 

If you hear of any hires, post them and I will update this. Thank you. 

1/28/22 -- Kevin Colbert, GM of the Steelers, announced that he will retire after the draft.  

• Like 3

After first interviews with eight candidates, the Vikings have narrowed down the GM candidates to two:

• Ryan Poles (Chiefs)
  • Kwesi Adobo-Mensa (Browns)

As for the head coach, the Vikings have interviewed many. Most likely the GM will have a say in who is hired. If they hire Poles, they may hire a coach with a history with the Chiefs (Pederson or Bienemy).  They interviewed Todd Bowles today. I really do not want a defensive coach. 

He is a Stanford guy :applause:  

Vikings fans are happy with KAM. His contributions to the 49ers and Browns drafts are not bad. 

Now, we need a head coach. I want an offensive-minded guy like Pederson. Then, find someone who wants Kirk. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@Jared Cisneros Vikings fans are reporting that the Broncos have hired Nathaniel Hackett as head coach. Have you heard that too? 

I could see Rodgers going to the Broncos to follow Hackett. 

Was just talking about it to my best friend (who is a Bronco fan), and reading about it on Mile High Report. It is definitely true. I like the hire for sure. Not sure I want Rodgers for the price he'll cost though. Multiple 1sts and 2nds, Albert O, and probably Jeudy I'd assume. The $46 million in cap space and draft capital are a turnoff for me, though I expect a trade at this point once the season is over. Not sure if we get Adams or if he comes along or not with Rodgers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Was just talking about it to my best friend (who is a Bronco fan), and reading about it on Mile High Report. It is definitely true. I like the hire for sure. Not sure I want Rodgers for the price he'll cost though. Multiple 1sts and 2nds, Albert O, and probably Jeudy I'd assume. The $46 million in cap space and draft capital are a turnoff for me, though I expect a trade at this point once the season is over. Not sure if we get Adams or if he comes along or not with Rodgers.

Yeah, that is a hefty price for Rodgers who may retire soon.

We (the Vikings) interviewed Hackett for the head-coaching job. So he is off our list now.  Of the candidates with no head coaching experience, the ones remaining are Kevin O'Connell of the Rams, Gannon of the Eagles, and DeMeko Ryans of the 49ers. I was hoping we would go for Doug Pederson. Is he the #1 choice of the Bears? Bears new GM Ryan Poles has a history with Pederson, I believe.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yeah, that is a hefty price for Rodgers who may retire soon.

We (the Vikings) interviewed Hackett for the head-coaching job. So he is off our list now.  Of the candidates with no head coaching experience, the ones remaining are Kevin O'Connell of the Rams, Gannon of the Eagles, and DeMeko Ryans of the 49ers. I was hoping we would go for Doug Pederson. Is he the #1 choice of the Bears? Bears new GM Ryan Poles has a history with Pederson, I believe.

I believe Dan Quinn and Jim Caldwell are the top choices of the Bears now. Haven't heard anything about Pederson. 

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Hackett out of Jags search now and Leftwich is a no go it seems so...Flus may fill that spot as early as today.

Jaguars are messing with Leftwich to get the best deal for themselves by someone releasing to Schefter that they still have others in mind. Good for Florio to call the Jaguars out. If you have the right coach, don't monkey around with him or with the contract.  THAT is a sign of a messy organization to me. 

Eberflus should run AWAY from the Jaguars organization, IMO.

• Like 1

Apparently Josh McDaniels was the favorite to become the Raiders head coach and he was even calling around the league assembling a staff. 

However, he is now pretty much out of the running and no longer the favorite because “something happened”. What it was is unknown at this time.

McDaniels is such a fool. I hope he never gets a HC gig.

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/27/report-raiders-showed-interest-in-josh-mcdaniels-but-hes-not-the-no-1-candidate-anymore/

3 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Apparently Josh McDaniels was the favorite to become the Raiders head coach and he was even calling around the league assembling a staff. 

However, he is now pretty much out of the running and no longer the favorite because “something happened”. What it was is unknown at this time.

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/27/report-raiders-showed-interest-in-josh-mcdaniels-but-hes-not-the-no-1-candidate-anymore/

Probably Dodds happened... 

3 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Raiders fans are * and AFC West fans are trolling the move lol.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Hackett out of Jags search now and Leftwich is a no go it seems so...Flus may fill that spot as early as today.

I thought Leftwich was hired as the Jags coach yesterday. No?

Edit:  I guess not. If I were Leftwich, I would not sign with the Jags.  Go back to Tampa. He is a young guy.

44 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Here is one that I found. This would mean the current GM is out.

But that does not mean that he asked for that.  Seriously, it is not like Byron Leftwich is Bill Belichick or Jim Harbaugh.  How does he dictate who the GM is. He has never been head coach and it isnt like he is this hot candidate. 

Whenever I hear something like that, I don't like it.  I don't get it.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

But that does not mean that he asked for that.  Seriously, it is not like Byron Leftwich is Bill Belichick or Jim Harbaugh.  How does he dictate who the GM is. He has never been head coach and it isnt like her is this hot candidate. 

Whenever I hear something like that, I don't like it. 

When the season ended they said they were sticking with their GM. I think it’s pretty clear he wants q guy he feels he can work with. Teams are hiring GM and coach duos now who have past history that they know will work well together. Also look at the other tweet in that post.

Looks like Mcdaniels will get the raiders job.

10 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This explains a lot!

23 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Well he is a verified account. There is no other reason it’s taking so long.

No other reason???   Money, coaches, interviews with other candidates... There are many reasons why he has not signed. Many teams have yet to sign head coaches; why should the Jaguars be any different. 

50 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

If Tom Pelissero posted that, I would be more likely to believe it. I have never heard of Chris Porter. The source is important. 

He is Jacksonville’s equivalent to Dave Calabro.  He is the sports Director for the NBC affiliate in Jacksonville.

Dude rides on Khans yacht.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Look like Flus choosing Chicago, had option to take either doesnt want to face Colts twice a year...Jags are typical in a mess...back to square one

29 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

What's that? That I live in Colorado? Everyone on this forum knows that. Of course I root for the Broncos as a secondary team living here. 

Disregard. It looks like he/she is trying to upset you. You can be a fan of as many teams as you want.  

Bla Ignore GIF by de chinezen

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

IDK. He has been around football a long time.

Jags are such a joke.

There’s so many better HC candidates around Texans fans are livid. AFCS really living up to it’s incompetent reputation lol.

20 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

There’s so many better HC candidates around Texans fans are livid. AFCS really living up to it’s incompetent reputation lol.

I actually don’t mind trying something different. I think it’s cool. He has played in the nfl a long time. I am sure he has learned a lot. A offensive mind for what is going to be a young QB is good. He just has to hire a good staff.