Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who will you be rooting for/against?


chickenMan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello fellow Colts fans,

Now that our favorite team has mercifully been put out of its misery by the Jags and Steelers, who will you all root for in the playoffs this year?

 

Personally I will be rooting for the Bengals and Bills in the AFC, since I think they deserve to win a title after trying for so long. Also, Josh Allen and Joe Burrow would be a fun matchup to see.

 

I’ll be rooting against the Patriots, Steelers, and Titans, since they are the only three teams I absolutely hate (so of course they all made the playoffs.)

 

I don’t honestly care about the NFC, but it would be funny to see GB, Dallas, or TB knocked out.

 

How about you guys?
 

(And yes this post is helping me cope with today, I’m not ashamed to admit that)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m just hoping my Bengals can win their first playoff game in years. That would be considered a win, and anything after would be extra icing. 
 

I think Joe is on a rise and will be the star QB of the AFC soon. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

I’m just hoping my Bengals can win their first playoff game in years. That would be considered a win, and anything after would be extra icing. 
 

I think Joe is on a rise and will be the star QB of the AFC soon. 

Best of luck! I root for them too because my dad is a Bengals fan (he grew up in Cincy), although I’ve always been a true Colts fan. I would be happy with either them or the Bills winning the AFC, either deserve it IMO

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

Best of luck! I root for them too because my dad is a Bengals fan (he grew up in Cincy), although I’ve always been a true Colts fan. I would be happy with either them or the Bills winning the AFC, either deserve it IMO

Thanks! Most of my family support Cincy between football and baseball. I’m the odd duck that is more Colts over Bengals generally.
 

I would love to see Buffalo finally get it if not the Bengals. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

@RollerColt I didn’t know you were a Bengals fan! I was saying in the Game Day thread earlier I will be rooting for them, they are totally in synch right now! I know the fan base is really happy with what they are seeing! :banana:

Yep! The Colts have always been my #1 team, but Bengals are definitely my 2nd. Been to many home games over the years (I'm actually closer to Cincy than Indy). 

 

It's weird seeing Cincy with a bright star QB and a cast of players who are all standup active members of the community. This is definitely not my grandpa's Bengals.. lol!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yep! The Colts have always been my #1 team, but Bengals are definitely my 2nd. Been to many home games over the years (I'm actually closer to Cincy than Indy). 

 

It's weird seeing Cincy with a bright star QB and a cast of players who are all standup active members of the community. This is definitely not my grandpa's Bengals.. lol!

Yeah my dad suffered through the 90s Bengals, and he told me that after that decade of failure the Bengals are owed three Super Bowls at least lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, chickenMan said:

Yeah my dad suffered through the 90s Bengals, and he told me that after that decade of failure the Bengals are owed three Super Bowls at least lol

I still remember the look on my dad’s face when the 49ers straight up took the Super Bowl away from them in the ‘90 season. 
 

There are two teams I can’t talk about in my parents house: The Steelers and the 49ers in that order lol…

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I still remember the look on my dad’s face when the 49ers straight up took the Super Bowl away from them in the ‘90 season. 
 

There are two teams I can’t talk about in my parents house: The Steelers and the 49ers in that order lol…

Yeah, I don’t care too much about the 49ers as I wasn’t alive then, but my dad still holds a grudge against them. And we both hate the Steelers because of the torture they’ve put the Colts and Bengals through. I can’t wait to watch KC obliterate them on National TV for a second time next week.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Yeah, I don’t care too much about the 49ers as I wasn’t alive then, but my dad still holds a grudge against them. And we both hate the Steelers because of the torture they’ve put the Colts and Bengals through. I can’t wait to watch KC obliterate them on National TV for a second time next week.

One can only hope. Or better yet let’s watch tonight for a tie so Ben doesn’t even get the chance!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

Bills because it’s a feel good story.

 

Most folks don’t want Rodgers, Brady, or Mahomes to win. That’s the sense I get.

Aaron Rodgers getting his 2nd ring would also be a feel good story, he's going to Canton anyway but when it comes to Superbowls, there is a marked difference between 1 win & 2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

For

AFC - Raiders, Bills

NFC - Packers

 

Against

AFC - Patriots, Steelers, Chiefs, Titans

NFC - Bucs, Cowboys

 

Don't really care unless they are playing "against" team

AFC - Bengals

NFC - 49ers, Rams, Cardinals, Eagles

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm rooting for the MLB lockout to end so I can look forward to baseball season starting on time.

 

As for the NFL, would like to see the Bengals or Bills represent the AFC and win a title.  Don't care much for any of the NFC teams in it, but for me, anyone but the Bucs works.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I’m pulling for the Bengals. 

The best thing about this Bengals team vs prior years’ Bengals teams is that this one is actually fun to watch. Air raid passing game, 2nd best healthy RB in the league, decent defense, can play with anybody....good stuff. Wish we had a QB like Burrow :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...