Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

That is my Head Coach....and that is my QB

Four2itus

Even as good as Peyton was - and I loved the way he played QB - he made mistakes too.  And we lost a lot of games in the playoffs with Peyton as QB.  "Champs of the regular season" and "one and done" were heard pretty regularly.

But Peyton was a special player.  

Wentz was pretty tough in this game and hung in there behind a really suspect o-line.  Now I will say the line held up pretty well.  Couldn't run the ball very well but Wentz - throwing and running - made enough plays to win.  18/28 for 225 and 2 TDs.  The team scored 22 points with a makeshift o-line.  Come on folks.  Not many QBs could make that happen on a night like that.

I too am concerned about the sidearm flings and footwork.  Too easy to make mistakes.  But I am enjoying Colts football and I am enjoying watching Carson compete and find ways to win.  I see a little Bret Favre in him.  A genius one play and not so much the next.  But he will give you everything he's got.

This is an exciting season and I am glad Wentz is our QB.  

Frank and Wentz are exceeding my expectations. Yup they have some really head scratching moments with play calling and erratic throws. However, as a whole they are a great combo and give us a shot every single game to win.  That is amazing and most teams would trade the farm for that. 

I remember being just as aggravated with the previous QBs. Luck would turn the ball over nearly every game and PM would lose big games and had been since college(I’m a huge Vols fan). With all three QBs we over react to the negative and don’t give enough credit to the positive.  

11 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

I definitely agree Unitas, Manning, nor Luck would have done it the way he did.
  The first two could have won with their superior intellect and accuracy, and Luck would have stood in, moved in the pocket, made his own big throws and also ran for 60 yards.
 Wentz, as that thread said, still scares me, fundamentally and intellectually. 
 Outside of Mahomes and Brady, there are easily a half dozen guys i would want over him.

Nit pick all you want The Colts WON regardless of losing o-line  & Leonard & both starting safety's.

JT got his 100 but was not as effective as he has been in the last game luckily Carson Wentz got the job done running & passing keeping the chains moving  while accuracy continues to be a issue when it mattered the most 12 delivered . 

I had posted that morning that 58 yards is not gonna get us a WIN 12 needs to do better & HE DID  at the time I did not realize that we had lost so many players after I heard the news I was very concerned to get a WIN on the road against a QB that can & does run very good much like a JT in a hostile loud environment with a tough D this was gonna be a hard one to win ;

Been a fan since the Mayflowers arrived in Indy  we struggled but Captain Comeback brought our Colts to 3 Rivers stadium & 1 hail Mary away from the big game .

In 98 Manning came to Indy & it all started getting better but it did'nt just happen over night the following year we Traded Faulk & got Edge the team did really good but defense was always weak the worst regular season Defense turned it on in the playoffs to win a SB but  we never had dominant O-lines who impose there will on the defense like now . NEVER as a COLTS fan have I seen MY team have such protection & an ability to RUN it is really fun to watch & think what if 18 or 12 had such a luxury  as well maybe Luck would have gotten a SB instead of early retirement .    Yeah offense could put up points but defense for 18 & 12 were never as good as the 2021 COLTS the o-lines weakness was what caused both Colts QB's to leave . 

A huge failure that has finally been addressed by the front office CHRIS BALLARD  .

We have watched this team get better over the course of the year Carson Wentz has done what the coaches have asked of him game management that is his number one priority taking what the defense gives him & turning it into a win .

Whether it's 58 yards or 225 passing its the wins not the yards that count . The Colts & Wentz just beat 2 very good defenses after a poor start to the season in these wins I do see plenty of room to improve which is awesome because IMO they can only get better these games tested our team & they passed a WIN IS A WIN  9-6  unfortunately does'nt seem good enough for some & thats probably because they never liked CARSON WENTZ in the first place .  

Some people will always complain & some just never liked him in the first place and feel a need to dog him at every opportunity it is what it is .

As a Colts fan WIN OR LOSE I have been disappointed a lot over the years but not at all this year because we finally have a well rounded team that can beat anyone . When watched Belichick get DOMINATED & it was AWESOME .

I expect Carson Wentz to continue to improve & I'm a fan keep up the hard work . GO COLTS 

43 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Nit pick all you want The Colts WON regardless of losing o-line  & Leonard & both starting safety's.

JT got his 100 but was not as effective as he has been in the last game luckily Carson Wentz got the job done running & passing keeping the chains moving  while accuracy continues to be a issue when it mattered the most 12 delivered . 

I had posted that morning that 58 yards is not gonna get us a WIN 12 needs to do better & HE DID  at the time I did not realize that we had lost so many players after I heard the news I was very concerned to get a WIN on the road against a QB that can & does run very good much like a JT in a hostile loud environment with a tough D this was gonna be a hard one to win ;

Been a fan since the Mayflowers arrived in Indy  we struggled but Captain Comeback brought our Colts to 3 Rivers stadium & 1 hail Mary away from the big game .

In 98 Manning came to Indy & it all started getting better but it did'nt just happen over night the following year we Traded Faulk & got Edge the team did really good but defense was always weak the worst regular season Defense turned it on in the playoffs to win a SB but  we never had dominant O-lines who impose there will on the defense like now . NEVER as a COLTS fan have I seen MY team have such protection & an ability to RUN it is really fun to watch & think what if 18 or 12 had such a luxury  as well maybe Luck would have gotten a SB instead of early retirement .    Yeah offense could put up points but defense for 18 & 12 were never as good as the 2021 COLTS the o-lines weakness was what caused both Colts QB's to leave . 

A huge failure that has finally been addressed by the front office CHRIS BALLARD  .

We have watched this team get better over the course of the year Carson Wentz has done what the coaches have asked of him game management that is his number one priority taking what the defense gives him & turning it into a win .

Whether it's 58 yards or 225 passing its the wins not the yards that count . The Colts & Wentz just beat 2 very good defenses after a poor start to the season in these wins I do see plenty of room to improve which is awesome because IMO they can only get better these games tested our team & they passed a WIN IS A WIN  9-6  unfortunately does'nt seem good enough for some & thats probably because they never liked CARSON WENTZ in the first place .  

Some people will always complain & some just never liked him in the first place and feel a need to dog him at every opportunity it is what it is .

As a Colts fan WIN OR LOSE I have been disappointed a lot over the years but not at all this year because we finally have a well rounded team that can beat anyone . When watched Belichick get DOMINATED & it was AWESOME .

I expect Carson Wentz to continue to improve & I'm a fan keep up the hard work . GO COLTS 

Well stated.  Fans or people (hard to call some fans) are gonna fan.  Nothing will please them.  Wentz could win a Super Bowl with this team and they'd still bitch that he didn't win by enough points.

21 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I normally avoid the game day thread it’s just pure emotion and instant reaction without much thought put into what’s said beyond how one is feeling that second.  

as for the topic at hand yes the Colts have a very good coach and good QB.

To the bolded, well said. During the 3rd quarter I was frustrated as heck with Wentz, but after the game, I went through the list of NFL starting QB's and could not come up with 10 I'd swap for him. Same with Reich. It's why good Owners, GM's and coaches look at someone's body of work, and not simply focus on a few plays. 

23 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Well stated.  Fans or people (hard to call some fans) are gonna fan.  Nothing will please them.  Wentz could win a Super Bowl with this team and they'd still bitch that he didn't win by enough points.

Actually some were Never Wentzers or there vaxxed who look down on the unvaxxed . Not understanding LIONS will never be SHEEP .   

8 minutes ago, coltsva said:

To the bolded, well said. During the 3rd quarter I was frustrated as heck with Wentz, but after the game, I went through the list of NFL starting QB's and could not come up with 10 I'd swap for him. Same with Reich. It's why good Owners, GM's and coaches look at someone's body of work, and not simply focus on a few plays. 

I have been frustrated with 2 even tho I have been a big fan . I had to watch the Patriot game 5 times to get a better idea of what it was I was seeing . 

I watched his 58 yards thinking I'v never seen anything like it from my Colts . The QB sneaks were incredible watching our Offensive Line work its magic with TE & Receivers all opening up holes for Jonathan Taylor & JT throwing that block so 2 could make a play down the field was just incredible . That 58 yards those sneaks & his leadership was what enabled the offense to be so effective JT is a special player with our usual offensive line he can dominate running thru defense like a hot knife thru butter is fun to watch . 

In the Manning era & the Luck era   We dreamed of a line that could protect & push forward opening up the playbook for the pass & a defense to match we finally have that . It is the foundation on which a Superbowl Winner is built now ad a QB who has alot of upside IMO I want to see more compared to last year at this time I feel alot more confidence & can't wait to see what happens with the Raiders .

GO COLTS Just WIN Baby 

These are the QB's I would take over Wentz in Bold for sure:

AFC = Mahomes, Allen, Lamar. Herbert, Jones, and Burrow are still so young. Carr and Tannehill are even with Wentz, JMO. If I had to really choose between Wentz and Tannehill, I would take Wentz by the eye test but it is close. Wentz is better than Baker as well and Ben is done!

NFC = Rodgers, Brady, Stafford, Dak, and Wilson - this season isn't the Wilson we know, he will be great again on a better team. Murray and Wentz are pretty even. Cousins and Wentz are pretty even.

That is only 8 that are clearly better, so Wentz by my test is arguably top 10. Yeah you could rank Carr, Cousins, or Herbert above him - Herbert just played like doo doo at the Texans though, if Wentz had a game like that vs the Texans he would be ripped to shreds in here. Burrow lost to the Jets and Jones can't throw deep.

Lets say you are a Wentz hater and you wanted to rank every QB I just mentioned in this post higher, he would still rank 16th at worse because no way at this point anyone would take Ben over Wentz lmao . That isn't "Hot Garbage"! If you are top half of the league, you are above average to good and are doing something right. On the season Wentz has 25 TD's, just 6 INT's, and 3230 Yards + we are 9-6. Tannehill by comparison had 15 TD's, and 14 INT's with 3305 Yards, his team is 10-5 and they beat us twice, but if they play again I would put my money on us. Their last win against us was a fluke, we gave it away, JMO.

From Yahoo......

"With four starters missing on the offensive line and the Cardinals keying on star running back Jonathan Taylor, Wentz finished 18-of-28 for 225 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions. It was his seventh game this season with multiple scoring strikes and no picks, and it was another big moment on a big stage.

The Colts (9-6) are 4-1 in prime time this season. In those five contests, Wentz has completed 66.4% of his passes for 1,106 yards with 10 touchdowns and one interception".

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

AFC = Mahomes, Allen, Lamar. Herbert, Jones, and Burrow are still so young. Carr and Tannehill are even with Wentz, JMO. If I had to really choose between Wentz and Tannehill, I would take Wentz by the eye test but it is close. Wentz is better than Baker as well and Ben is done!

NFC = Rodgers, Brady, Stafford, Dak, and Wilson - this season isn't the Wilson we know, he will be great again on a better team. Murray and Wentz are pretty even. Cousins and Wentz are pretty even.

That is only 8 that are clearly better, so Wentz by my test is arguably top 10. Yeah you could rank Carr, Cousins, or Herbert above him - Herbert just played like doo doo at the Texans though, if Wentz had a game like that vs the Texans he would be ripped to shreds in here. Burrow lost to the Jets and Jones can't throw deep.

Lets say you are a Wentz hater and you wanted to rank every QB I just mentioned in this post higher, he would still rank 16th at worse because no way at this point anyone would take Ben over Wentz lmao . That isn't "Hot Garbage"! If you are top half of the league, you are above average to good and are doing something right. On the season Wentz has 25 TD's, just 6 INT's, and 3230 Yards + we are 9-6. Tannehill by comparison had 15 TD's, and 14 INT's with 3305 Yards, his team is 10-5 and they beat us twice, but if they play again I would put my money on us. Their last win against us was a fluke, we gave it away, JMO.

You mean for 1 year only, right?  I wouldn't take brady over him at this stage in his career unless it was just for one year.  I probably wouldn't take him out of spite though anyway.  lol.

7 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

You mean for 1 year only, right?  I wouldn't take brady over him at this stage in his career unless it was just for one year.  I probably wouldn't take him out of spite though anyway.  lol.

Ya, it's funny without the context. I think fans are naive to the reality that if Ballard thought he was going to acquire a 3-4 first round picks/QB......we maybe wouldn't have Buckner, or be able to resign Q and the Maniac for the numbers they require. Saying Mahomes is like saying Montana for all the reality it represents. 

4 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Ya, it's funny without the context. I think fans are naive to the reality that if Ballard thought he was going to acquire a 3-4 first round picks/QB......we maybe wouldn't have Buckner, or be able to resign Q and the Maniac for the numbers they require. Saying Mahomes is like saying Montana for all the reality it represents. 

I love our team right now, we can compete with anyone and beat anyone. Fun times.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

This is just untrue. If we won a SB with this team, no one would be complaining about Wentz. Not one person. It would be pure jubilation on this board. I'm an Atlanta Braves fan, and not one person said anything negative when we won the WS. It was a pure celebration all night long. I'm not sure you've been a fan of a team at the time they've won a world championship on a message board or you wouldn't be saying this.

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Of your so called clearly better look at the stats for each compared to Wentz.  Clearly better :lol:

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is just untrue. If we won a SB with this team, no one would be complaining about Wentz. Not one person. It would be pure jubilation on this board. I'm an Atlanta Braves fan, and not one person said anything negative when we won the WS. It was a pure celebration all night long. I'm not sure you've been a fan of a team at the time they've won a world championship on a message board or you wouldn't be saying this.

Yes I have been a fan of a team that won the World Series twice.  Once from worst to first from one season to the next.  I stand by my comment.  Some people just are not happy and will find something to complain about and that is a fact of life.  All one has to do is read this (or any message board) to confirm this.  By the way congrats on the World Series.  I was so happy to see you guys win in and shove the All Star game debacle up the commissioners backside.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is more eye test more than anything, I love Wentz and I think we can win a SB with him. I think he is top 10 the more I look at it.

I agree.  He will make mistakes he's human and all QB's will.   Some people just like to jump on the anti Wentz wagon for whatever reason.  Not sure why people seem to like to hate on him but so be it.  I hope he has a long and successful career in Indy and gets you guys a ring or two.  

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Yes I have been a fan of a team that won the World Series twice.  Once from worst to first from one season to the next.  I stand by my comment.  Some people just are not happy and will find something to complain about and that is a fact of life.  All one has to do is read this (or any message board) to confirm this.  By the way congrats on the World Series.  I was so happy to see you guys win in and shove the All Star game debacle up the commissioners backside.

Yeah there will be some complain no matter what. I think if we win the SB 99% of people in here would be happy but if we make the AFC Title Game and lose or SB and lose, some will be their usual lmao . Going that far is very good in reality.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah there will be some complain no matter what. I think if we win the SB 99% of people in here would be happy but if we make the AFC Title Game and lose or SB and lose, some will be their usual lmao . Going that far is very good in reality.

I think if we lost the AFC Title game in the way we lost the 2014 AFC Title game to the Pats, then some people would be upset. However, if it was a competitive game, I think there would be some disappointment with a loss, but people would take it in stride and be hopeful for the future. In 2014, you could argue a lot of people hadn't realized how much damage Grigson had already done to the roster, and we were on borrowed time. In 2021, 99% of the forum is aware now to some degree of how good of a drafter and GM Chris Ballard is, and the expectations are higher now (especially if we are fully healthy, and most of our "injuries" are covid-related, and not due to physical injuries).

It's kind of a good thing that people complain after a loss. It means we are good again, and this team is held to a higher standard now with a better coach and GM. It also means people analyze things, and that creates a smarter group of people that take everything into account rather than just the win or loss. People can say winning is all that matters, but I'm sure the coaches and players disagree and strive to be better every day, week, month, and year. We want that too, we just can't explain it in the exact way that they do in the meeting rooms, and people get called complainers for doing a lesser version of what the coaches and players do themselves after every game.

38 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I’m theory your right. Everybody would be beyond joyed. However, I’m sure there would be a couple people who would utter the phrase “I’m still not sold on Wentz”.

2 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Actually some were Never Wentzers or there vaxxed who look down on the unvaxxed . Not understanding LIONS will never be SHEEP .   

Pretty big assumption.  Also - trying to understand your next comment.  Are you implying that unvaxxed are Lions or are you a Detroit fan?

2 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

judge-judy-whatever.gif

are you just trying to get yet another thread closed?  At this point, anyone with half a brain should know that this message board is NOT the place for THAT discussion.  

We need to just leave it at, "are they or aren't they" and not "should they or shouldn't they"?

9 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

In the not too distant future, having given up a 1st & a 3rd for Carson Wentz (especially since that 3rd was from last year & the 1st will likely be in the 20s) is gonna look like a real steal!

Personally I think it already does.

Honestly it was good for all sides the Colts needed a starting QB and both Carson and the Eagles needed fresh starts.  

22 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Personally I think it already does.

Honestly it was good for all sides the Colts needed a starting QB and both Carson and the Eagles needed fresh starts.  

And Carson's old coach (Doug Pederson) may end up coaching a divisional foe in Jacksonville - I wonder if Pederson blames Wentz in any way for his dismissal from Philly, it was after their relationship turned toxic that Doug was shown the door.

11 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

In the not too distant future, having given up a 1st & a 3rd for Carson Wentz (especially since that 3rd was from last year & the 1st will likely be in the 20s) is gonna look like a real steal!

I will always be curious if Ballard could of just given up a guaranteed 1st for Wentz straight up in 2021 and he did this deal instead to keep the 1st rounder in 2021 and have a shot to keep the 2022 1st round pick by making it conditional on playing time?

I'm not sure what I would of done, but I'm curious if that was ever negotatiated in the trade between Ballard and Roseman?

On 12/26/2021 at 1:44 PM, Four2itus said:

I have watched for 5 decades. Not every week, and some years I just watched the Monday headlines for news about a win or a loss. But I echo Ballard's post game sentiment...that is the gutsiest win I have ever seen by my Colts. Wins like that are rare, but yesterday was incredible. First of all, I have never seen a team lose their entire O-line interior like that, with two the day before. That alone told me it would be near impossible to win the game. But if you would have said we will also lose the LT....and have one of the backups that was filling in that day with a one day notice....get injured during the game? Game over. 

No need to even add the fact that the Maniac was at home, probably freaking out on the couch. Ya Sin, Turay, Willis....are you kidding me? This game was an inactive player nightmare. But what happens? In marches every single player that Frank and his staff have coached up. They came in, and overcame obstacle after obstacle. Frank used every trick in his bag, kept every player focused, and called probably the best game of his career in coaching. That was historically impressive. (Ballard deserves his own thread)

But I waded through the plethora of negativity in the game thread about my QB. That's right....MY qb. Anyone has the right to point out anything they want,. So I'll stand on this rock alone if I have to. I don't truly believe in my heart that a single QB in Colt history gets that job done the way Carson did under those circumstances. Not when one takes into consideration all the injuries, replacements, penalties, and adding in throwing and running duties. He is unique with a very different skill set than I have ever seen at QB. No, I'm not saying he is better.......I'm saying when the caca hits the fan in a nuclear manner the way it did yesterday, he stands alone in pulling out a win.

Frank is building a team the way I want the team to be built. Wentz is the perfect QB for this head coach. I would not change a thing. 

While I think you're turned up to 11 on some of the stuff, I agree with much of this. 

I do think Reich called one of his better games. I was pretty meh when we traded for CW, but after I dug into the Philly situation, I got on board the CW train, and did so before the season started. He's a capable dude, and will only get better with chemistry, and perhaps a young, new toy. 

This offseason will be critical for CB. I'm confident in him. I need to see more from FR, but I like the trend. I love him as a guy, just want to see him more consistent as a PC. 

Go Colts, and happy holidays @Four2itus

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would take Wentz over Lamar, also...Probably even Stafford  (Stafford makes as many bad/dumb throws, is older...and looks better because of his weapons on offense)...  Give us a TE and WR that can stretch the field, and we would be dominant... add a pass rush to our D and yeah...  I have faith that our rookies at DE will get better with time, though!

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

While I think you're turned up to 11 on some of the stuff, I agree with much of this. 

I do think Reich called one of his better games. I was pretty meh when we traded for CW, but after I dug into the Philly situation, I got on board the CW train, and did so before the season started. He's a capable dude, and will only get better with chemistry, and perhaps a young, new toy. 

This offseason will be critical for CB. I'm confident in him. I need to see more from FR, but I like the trend. I love him as a guy, just want to see him more consistent as a PC. 

Go Colts, and happy holidays @Four2itus

We both said before the season this was a make or break year for Frank and Wentz because Frank wanted Wentz. So far Frank and Wentz show they are legit IMO. How we won Saturday was a complete miracle with the players we had out and players getting injured during the game. Frank pulled a BB on Saturday, best game he has ever coached. Wentz was even clutch.

23 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

I would take Wentz over Lamar, also...Probably even Stafford  (Stafford makes as many bad/dumb throws, is older...and looks better because of his weapons on offense)...  Give us a TE and WR that can stretch the field, and we would be dominant... add a pass rush to our D and yeah...  I have faith that our rookies at DE will get better with time, though!

Wentz IMO will only get better when he really settles in. When you get 2 or 3 signature wins under your belt the game becomes easier and a QB gains confidence.

18 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

Our owner has a winning team Now and that means a great deal to him.

And it is fair to believe that the conversations he has with Ballard and Frank, plus the eye test, has him thinking the sky is the limit.

So Today, the trade is at least an absolute bargain. We have enough of a Team that we can compete on any given Sunday.

We can all look foward to a Playoff game and see how the cards fall.

As a "learning season", for our many young players getting NFL experience, and learning our system, our leadership/coaching staff deserves a Big Attaboy!

On 12/26/2021 at 1:52 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To follow this up, some will say can't we be critical of the team, it is an open forum. I would say sure you can but when one calls a QB or a coach hot garbage that is just trolling, sorry, JMO. We won and Wentz was great when it counted so they can take that for DATA.

"In its most basic definition, labeling something as "hot garbage" is used when just calling it garbage (trash, rubbish, crap, sh++, something of low quality) is too good for it."
  So if it is just Trolling, WHY make it HEADLINE NEWS?  

If someone said you got down in the mud and wallowed around in the low road, would they be wrong?

A lot of our posters don't really get Franks vision, nor Flus's. And have had a lot to say about this years journey. Now we have doubters and complainers saying we have a top 5 team. Think about that. We had NO sacks or QB hits Sunday, a highly questionable secondary, and now we are of such high caliber. Flus has turned a corner. Fun stuff!  

I'm bothered by some obvious weaknesses in Wentz's fundamentals, and critical thinking. You know, it must be the things the Whole FB World was saying that "REICH was going to have to fix." Well ALL of it ain't fixed that is for sure. And it is the FB 101 stuff that has me discombobulated.
 Because THIS IS My Team, and i have been watching Hall of Fame QB's for 56 years, be prepared for me and others, now and again to get steamed when our QB stinks up the joint. And we are human and imperfect, so Over Reaction is going to be part of it. I mean they named a whole Day after it!!

Special Kudos to Odom, Rodgers, Speed, Pinter, Granson, Fries, Dayo,

the Unsung. The Game Ball for Chris Ballard was doing it the right way. :colts:

3 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

"In its most basic definition, labeling something as "hot garbage" is used when just calling it garbage (trash, rubbish, crap, sh++, something of low quality) is too good for it."
  So if it is just Trolling, WHY make it HEADLINE NEWS?  

If someone said you got down in the mud and wallowed around in the low road, would they be wrong?

A lot of our posters don't really get Franks vision, nor Flus's. And have had a lot to say about this years journey. Now we have doubters and complainers saying we have a top 5 team. Think about that. We had NO sacks or QB hits Sunday, a highly questionable secondary, and now we are of such high caliber. Flus has turned a corner. Fun stuff!  

I'm bothered by some obvious weaknesses in Wentz's fundamentals, and critical thinking. You know, it must be the things the Whole FB World was saying that "REICH was going to have to fix." Well ALL of it ain't fixed that is for sure. And it is the FB 101 stuff that has me biscombobulated.
 Because THIS IS My Team, and i have been watching Hall of Fame QB's for 56 years, be prepared for me and others, now and again to get steamed when our QB stinks up the joint. And we are human and imperfect, so Over Reaction is going to be part of it. I mean they named a whole Day after it!!

Special Kudos to Odom, Rodgers, Speed, Pinter, Granson, Fries, Dayo,

the Unsung. The Game Ball for Chris Ballard was doing it the right way. :colts:

You have never said we are "hot garbage" though. I have my doubts too about certain aspects of the team but "hot garbage" we are not :thmup:

1 hour ago, coltsblue1844 said:

I'm also not sure I would want Wilson at this point.  He is really good but watching this year he isn't near as dynamic as he has been in the past.  Not saying he couldn't be again.  Just not sure I would want him over Wentz at this point.

Not sure I would take Brady either.  Any day now he will start declining.  Could he win us a Superbowl? Maybe.  But in a year or two we are looking for a QB again.  Just not sure I would go that way.

I love my team. I know some people think otherwise because I dare to criticize my team *gasp*. Yes I know, how wicked I am…

I love Frank as a HC. The players love him and play their hearts out for him. As a playcaller it’s very obvious he’s a former QB turned coach. It’s his greatest strength and his greatest weakness. He’s extremely good at getting the best out of his QBs but he’s also very focused on the QB to such a degree he overlooks his other weapons.

Wentz had done better than I dared hope for. Frank has done good work with him even if he still has to improve in some areas.

I think we have a very important and difficult off season ahead of us. In another thread it was said we had around 58 mil in cap space but when they started adding up the expenses we needed about 60 mil to sign and resign the players we have. We still have areas of need and with little to no cap space it has to happen through the draft… without a 1st round pick.  

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We both said before the season this was a make or break year for Frank and Wentz because Frank wanted Wentz. So far Frank and Wentz show they are legit IMO. How we won Saturday was a complete miracle with the players we had out and players getting injured during the game. Frank pulled a BB on Saturday, best game he has ever coached. Wentz was even clutch.

Not sure I said make or break for anyone. Perhaps critical. 

While I think FR's situation could be impacted if Wentz were to fail, I don't really tie them together. 

Nor do I see Frank as a QB guru. It was after all, Wentz, that asked for the route change (Patmon) on the scoring pass. 

Overall I like the balance we saw last week. And the fact we didn't give up on the run. At the same time, I think Frank benefited a bit from Covid (I know that sounds strange). Frank more or less had to play TY more, and Patmon some. Had we been forcing the ball to Pittman and Pascal like in the past, not sure we win last week. 

Archived