Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mac Jones

danlhart87

27 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I said it before and will again 

He will be the best QB in this class 

He landed in the perfect situation in NE

It’s  just the latest example that the best quality a quarterback can have is his brain. 

Not his arm, or his body, or his athleticism,  or anything else.  Those qualities are all very important.   But it’s the ability to process large amounts of info correctly in a split second that’s most important.    

Pre-snap read, Post-snap read, what you see as the play unfolds and you’re trying to keep your eyes downfield.  It’s the space between your ears.  The NFL game is so fast, so complex.  And Jones is just really, really sharp.   New England is trying to keep things as simple as possible for him and are clearly doing a great job. 

He’s really impressive. 

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It’s  just the latest example that the best quality a quarterback can have is his brain. 

Not his arm, or his body, or his athleticism,  or anything else.  Those qualities are all very important.   But it’s the ability to process large amounts of info correctly in a split second that’s most important.    

Pre-snap read, Post-snap read, what you see as the play unfolds and you’re trying to keep your eyes downfield.  It’s the space between your ears.  The NFL game is so fast, so complex.  And Jones is just really, really sharp.   New England is trying to keep things as simple as possible for him and are clearly doing a great job. 

He’s really impressive. 

Yea I think we lose to the Patriots

26 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Yea I think we lose to the Patriots

We may.   They’re red hot right now.   Hard to see Jones having trouble with our defense.  

We’re going to have to show him some new looks, some wrinkles, that’s he has not seen to hopefully confuse him.  And we’re going to have to pressure him both with our 4-man front, and hopefully some unexpected blitzes. 

We’re going to need everything plus the kitchen sink to pull off the upset. 

I'm impressed with Mac Jones. He is intelligent and can read plays well. New England is a great system for him. 

Bill Belichick is going to focus taking Taylor and Pittman out of the game. Frank Reich should know that and plan accordingly. It will be  like a chess game. 

I will need to see if like Brady if he he can have bigger play potential as his career goes on. Right now it’s a lot like Brady’s rookie year. They said last night he hadn’t thrown a pass over 20 yards yet. He might of got one last night. You would think teams would defend all that short passing easier. They don’t score a lot of points so I am not that scared of them. They also haven’t beat any good offenses.

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He’s really impressive. 

But...but...Jacob Eason has such a strong arm. For sure he's going to be the best ever.

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He’s really impressive. 

Not just Quarterbacks. Every player that makes it to the NFL is an insane athlete with all the physical tools. What's between the ears and your work ethic is really what separates the players that stick and the ones that don't. 

I haven't seen a lot of him but what I've seen is brady type passes(short dink-dunk type passes) which I would think the other QB's in this draft class could execute as well if Belichek was their coach. 

Let's face it, the Patriots look like their back after a 1 year hiatus and the driving force is and was and will be Belichek and any suspicious things often associated with them.

9 hours ago, King Colt said:

The players on NE are the players they are because Hoody is the coach he is. I have a feeling NE is going to another SB. I just wonder if he is even thinking about retiring ever. Maybe one Lombardi trophy without Brady will fill hi cup.......................maybe.

I highly doubt NE is going to any Super Bowl this year.

On 11/19/2021 at 6:07 AM, Wentzszn said:

I will need to see if like Brady if he he can have bigger play potential as his career goes on. Right now it’s a lot like Brady’s rookie year. They said last night he hadn’t thrown a pass over 20 yards yet. He might of got one last night. You would think teams would defend all that short passing easier. They don’t score a lot of points so I am not that scared of them. They also haven’t beat any good offenses.

Brady only played a handful of plays in his rookie year.

On 11/19/2021 at 6:52 AM, teganslaw said:

I'm impressed with Mac Jones. He is intelligent and can read plays well. New England is a great system for him. 

Bill Belichick is going to focus taking Taylor and Pittman out of the game. Frank Reich should know that and plan accordingly. It will be  like a chess game. 

But Frank Reich plays checkers ...

On 11/25/2021 at 2:38 PM, MPStack said:

Bears might regret trading up, and passing on M. Jones. 

Bears will probably be losers no matter what they do..... Patriots will probably be winners no matter what they do. 

The Bears have the more talented QB but that doesn't necessarily mean they will be relevant going forward. 

In the last 30 seasons they have only won 10 games or more 6 times.....that averages to only  2 per decade. :yuk:

On 11/23/2021 at 4:46 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Before the season started I predicted Belichek vs Brady in the Super Bowl. I see no AFC team to make me change my prediction as far as the AFC is concerned. 

Whether they go or not they are the team to beat. 

I had no problems cheering for Tom Brady when he played the Patriots in the regular season and would have no hesitation cheering Brady on in this catastrophic outcome.

Jones has been really good, for reasons that most people have already pointed out. His arm is adequate, but as a rookie, he's doing things that most guys his age don't do yet. He makes good reads pre-snap, he goes through his progressions and rarely locks on to one guy, and he throws a very catchable ball. He is not going to beat anyone with his legs, but he's mobile enough, and has good pocket presence. 

I think any NE hype is just as much about the current AFC landscape as anything else. The Chiefs seem to be coming around after spending the first part of the season in a haze. The Bills looked poised to own the conference but then stumbled a bit. Tennessee is a different team (offensively at least) without Henry. It really does seem quite wide-open this year, and there are at least four or five teams with a legitimate shot at representing the conference in the Super Bowl. 

Archived