Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

D. Henry - Injury/Surgery Thread (MERGE)

Indyfan4life

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Wow, sorry to hear that.  It could change things, but theyre still a good team.  

Does Tannehill even attempt those bootleg runs for short yardage first downs without Henry drawing all the defensive attention?

This would obviously be a huge loss for the Titans if he's really out for the season.  Derrick Henry is so much better than whoever is the 2nd/3rd best RBs in the league.

• Shive changed the title to D. Henry - Potentially Season ending injury (MERGE)
1 hour ago, adubb84 said:

Their win came with an expensive price tag. Could be our window to climb back in if teams don’t have to scheme against him anymore. 

Need to take care of buisness on our end. 

Can you imagine what a gut punch it would have been had we won and D. Henry went out for the year?

As it is, that was an expensive win for them.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

After yesterday, I do not have any confidence in beating a team we are not favored to beat, to be honest. 

Bills, Bucs, Cardinals, Raiders, Patriots - I doubt we win more than 1 out of those 5. I still think the Bills are the best team in the AFC and will go to the SB.

I hate to say it...but we're just not quite there yet.

We're not an awful team.  I think we're better than our current record indicates...and what our final record is likely to indicate.  We've been competitive with most of the good teams we've played.  But "competitive" is on the wrong side of the hill.

Hopefully we're moving in the right direction.  And, because I like sounding the broken record, I will never let anybody here forget that we're only a few years removed from suddenly and surprisingly losing our franchise quarterback on the eve of a new season.  Getting a QB you can win with is the single hardest thing to accomplish in the NFL.

Because of that, I'm perfectly content to give Ballard & Co. a high degree of latitude in getting us back in the mix.  That was a terrible hand they were dealt.

4 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

I hate to say it...but we're just not quite there yet.

We're not an awful team.  I think we're better than our current record indicates...and what our final record is likely to indicate.  We've been competitive with most of the good teams we've played.  But "competitive" is on the wrong side of the hill.

Hopefully we're moving in the right direction.  And, because I like sounding the broken record, I will never let anybody here forget that we're only a few years removed from suddenly and surprisingly losing our franchise quarterback on the eve of a new season.  Getting a QB you can win with is the single hardest thing to accomplish in the NFL.

Because of that, I'm perfectly content to give Ballard & Co. a high degree of latitude in getting us back in the mix.  That was a terrible hand they were dealt.

they have only had five years, we are in delayed gratification!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

ballard may trade mack to them for a seventh!!!!!!!!

I can't see that happening. Or any other AFC team for that matter (if they are in the hunt). My guess would be a bad AFC team with RB depth. I am thinking someone like Williams (DET) or Davis (ATL). Maybe something crazy like Sanders from PHI.

IF Henry is out for significant time, I think it will expose the Titans offense for who they are. Without Henry, teams will not have to sell out to stop the run and can instead focus on pressuring Tannehill and blanketing Brown. I think Tennessee is in for a rough time, and funnily enough Henry’s demise might be the key to us getting our season back.

But just watch, Reich will find a way to play-call us out of it.

3 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

IF Henry is out for significant time, I think it will expose the Titans offense for who they are. Without Henry, teams will not have to sell out to stop the run and can instead focus on pressuring Tannehill and blanketing Brown. I think Tennessee is in for a rough time, and funnily enough Henry’s demise might be the key to us getting our season back.

Going to be a tough hill to climb they 3 games plus the tie breaker ahead of us.  

If we had beat them then our odds of winning the division would have been pretty darn good.  

6 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Will be in interesting how the Titans look without Henry. Jones has not been healthy either.   The second half of the season starts the war of of attrition for NFL teams.

9 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Will be in interesting how the Titans look without Henry. Jones has not been healthy either.   The second half of the season starts the war of of attrition for NFL teams.

I don’t think they’ll look good. Jones is good but injured, they have no solid second RB really, so it’s more or less the Tannehill and Brown show. I don’t think that can carry you past teams like the Rams.

The key here is us, actually. Can we take advantage of this?

• Shive changed the title to D. Henry - Injury/Surgery Thread (MERGE)
1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

Going to be a tough hill to climb they 3 games plus the tie breaker ahead of us.  

If we had beat them then our odds of winning the division would have been pretty darn good.  

Yep.  We are effectively 4 games back.   If the Colts would go 6-3 in their last 9 games they would need the Titans to go 2-7.  The Titans have Houston twice and the Jags once.  Also the 49rs and Dolphins.  

they have a 4 game advantage over us.  I doubt we can overcome that to win the division. Things are less clear as to a wildcard slot - which might be our only avenue to a  playoff berth.  Loss of Henry will likely hurt  Titans in playoffs - doubt that it will prevent them from making playoffs. I hope I am wrong but we  made our own bed here with painful losses to Ravens and yesterday's game against Titans. We never should have lost game against Ravens and  we had to win yesterday's game - which was winnable. 

Archived