Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Well I was wrong....

LJpalmbeacher2

... I really felt we would win today.

I really felt The Football Gods wouldn't want the Titans wrap up the division this early.

I couldn't go watch the game, very busy with stuff. Didn't even have time make full weekly picks. But did see we were up by 2 TD's early and thought it was in the bag.

What happened ? Are we & Reich so bad we messed up and couldn't win a game we were supposed to? I seen that ridiculous attempt by our corner that turned a simple out pass to Brown to 7 points.....and I seen that ridiculous pick 6 from Wentz in the endzone. That's 14 points right there! 

I'm seeing JT with only like 16 Carrie's and a depleted & tired WR group and yet we still pass 51 times. What a surprise,  Campbell & TY were injured! Who would have ever dreamed that would be the case during the offseason? haha.

Anyway, I didn't expect this team to go anywhere this season because of the horrible offseason BUT DISAPPOINTED we lost today and are out of the division at halfway mark.

Questions to those that watched the game.... did we give the game away from players mistakes, refs, playcalling etc...

Or did Titans play better ??

I know @2006Coltsbestever really, really expected a win today too. 

- IMO refs were terrible as usual there were so many huge penalties, but when all was said and done im not sure either team got screwed more than the other

- Wentz was a little bit off and had a couple real bonehead plays but Franks playcalling did him an injustice by running the ball 20 times and throwing 51. 

7 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I really felt The Football Gods wouldn't want the Titans wrap up the division this early.

I couldn't go watch the game, very busy with stuff. Didn't even have time make full weekly picks. But did see we were up by 2 TD's early and thought it was in the bag.

What happened ? Are we & Reich so bad we messed up and couldn't win a game we were supposed to? I seen that ridiculous attempt by our corner that turned a simple out pass to Brown to 7 points.....and I seen that ridiculous pick 6 from Wentz in the endzone. That's 14 points right there! 

I'm seeing JT with only like 16 Carrie's and a depleted & tired WR group and yet we still pass 51 times. What a surprise,  Campbell & TY were injured! Who would have ever dreamed that would be the case during the offseason? haha.

Anyway, I didn't expect this team to go anywhere this season because of the horrible offseason BUT DISAPPOINTED we lost today and are out of the division at halfway mark.

Questions to those that watched the game.... did we give the game away from players mistakes, refs, playcalling etc...

Well...you were wrong twice. The Titans didn't wrap up the division today.

10 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Its all good. So was I.

Not only that I said we would win because "We have the better QB and hes gonna prove it tomorrow!"

All that was missing was a good old fashioned Byaahhhhh!!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

For someone that was busy and didn't have time to watch the game...you sure seem to have a good sense of what happened. Very troll like post.

3 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

For someone that was busy and didn't have time to watch the game...you sure seem to have a good sense of what happened. Very troll like post.

Its pretty easy to get a grasp of what happened from clips and reading this board

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

For someone that was busy and didn't have time to watch the game...you sure seem to have a goid sense of what happened. Very troll like post.

I was busy in morning and about till first half. I would have went out to watch caus I'm not in local indy viewing area.but couldn't. 

7 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Nah, not a troll post.  They're just looking for insight and opinions on how the Colts peed away what was an extreamly winnable game lol...............  

12 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

The game turned on a really unfortunate play by lewis.  Got an interception,  blew out his knee then fumbled it back to them giving a first down.  they scored shortly after 

ugly game with a lot of flags going both ways

13 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

- IMO refs were terrible as usual there were so many huge penalties, but when all was said and done im not sure either team got screwed more than the other

- Wentz was a little bit off and had a couple real bonehead plays but Franks playcalling did him an injustice by running the ball 20 times and throwing 51. 

Miss DPI on first OT possession. Fantom holding on 32yd run by JT on Reed. 

I agree Who doesnt run it when were doing it so well.  And who calls a freaking screen in the Endzone. 

And that INT, Odum came out of the pile with it, and from our experience the last guy who has the ball its that team, we should know the NFL is so inconsitent 

6 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Hey, you’re not alone.   Appreciate you stepping up like this.   But you’ve got plenty of company.    I was wrong too.   I thought we’d find a way to win, and it looked like we would, and then we found a way to screw it up.  

Ugh!    Sigh!        :facepalm:

All in all, I thought we were our own worst enemy.   A winnable game that we managed to turn it into a big loss. 

Ugh!    Sigh!         :facepalm:

7 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

To answer your bolded question, yes.  Everything you said happened it was a combination of all of it.

10 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

The colts deserved to be trolled. They are a bad team.

Colts could go 0-17 and guys on this forum would still say it's trolling to suggest they aren't a good team. Not sure why this forum exists.

I am guessing you would prefer there just be one thread for the whole forum that is just people saying Go Colts. 

1. The most underrated best play in football. Throw it short on 3rd, have it intercepted and fumbled back so you have a new set of downs for an *ic play from the same spot basically.

2. Rhodes didn't tackle brown the next play, he just playfully pushed him to the sidelines 14-14

3. We are horrendous at defending the number 1 option. Doesn't B. Marshall hold the receptions for game against us. We allowed Marvin's record to fall against the Saints because nobody was around Michael Thomas. Mark Andrews came back from 16 points down. And AJ brown couldn't be contained yesterday. It's nonsense

4. We had plenty of opportunists late. But Wetnz just idk what happened to him late.. 

12 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

Effectively they did, Colts are not coming back from 4 games down.  They still have the texans twice, plus the jags and dolphins.  We arent getting help 

Dolphins just bet the 5-2 Bengals, they also have to face NE who just bet the 4-2 Chargers in LA.  So there is a little help maybe.

2 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Dolphins just bet the 5-2 Bengals, they also have to face NE who just bet the 4-2 Chargers in LA.  So there is a little help maybe.

No way I hold out that kind of hope now. We had our chance and blew it. Accept it. These guys will continue to play as hard as they can because those are fat paychecks to earn. Now no pressure so just play and have fun.

Archived