Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Week 6 Practice/Injury Report (Texans)

EastStreet

19 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Getting annoyed with Braden Smith not practicing or playing. If he's hurt, he's hurt. However, the Colts FO is withholding some sort of info from us about his injury. Did he break his foot? What is going on? He should be playing right now unless there is something that happened and the Colts aren't revealing it. 

I had a feeling he wouldn’t be back this week. With Pryor looking good it was best to get him ready for SF with that dline being so good.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

We get both corners together for the first game this week. Dayo is elgible to start practicing next week. We will get Nelson back for SF. Hopefully smith is back too. Things are really starting to look up. 

Dayo was expected to miss first 8 games according to Indy star so maybe he will be back after titans game

3 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I had a feeling he wouldn’t be back this week. With Pryor looking good it was best to get him ready for SF with that dline being so good.

49ers defense has fallen off they are not elite anymore like in 2019 .  they are giving up more points per game than the colts on defense . they are out of the top ten in rankings .  ever since buckner left they went down hill kinlaw has not  done much to show he can replace him . double team bosa and we can contain them

On 10/14/2021 at 3:23 PM, RollerColt said:

Can confirm from personal experience. My second concussion knocked me out of football for good, and is probably the reason I have chronic migraines…

I've had 3 and consider myself lucky I don't have migraines. The first one was accompanied by some bad depression though.

9 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

We get both corners together for the first game this week. Dayo is elgible to start practicing next week. We will get Nelson back for SF. Hopefully smith is back too. Things are really starting to look up. 

I am not sure what is scarier being legit happy about getting Rock back or an injury report where five guys who aren’t on IR are ruled out on Friday is looking up lol.

10 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Has someone said Q is ready to comeback? 

7 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Reed has done a great job filling in. I know I’m not the only one that wouldn’t mind having him take Glows spot either this season or next.

Always was the plan since we signed him imo, said it then and even more now Reed is a starter in this league as shown last season. He has improved every single season.

39 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Always was the plan since we signed him imo, said it then and even more now Reed is a starter in this league as shown last season. He has improved every single season.

He isn’t young though. Him and glow are both close to the same age. Reed is 29. Will probably just come down to which one is cheaper.

On 10/14/2021 at 7:04 PM, Zoltan said:

Yeah I'm thinking they are gonna let Turay walk this offseason and resign Lewis

I truly think this is the year (offseason) we pay for a "star" FA DL that can pass rush. I HOPE that Paye and Dayo can bring it,

(I even bought a Paye Jersey :) and I havent bought a specific player Jersey since Coryatt...... Yeah, Im old)

BUT.....  I think we need to "swat this FLY" with a hammer.....  not a flyswatter

We cant take a chance on this one..... its too critical for this teams success. 

We are worried about a rookie QB from a crappy team, torching our defense - RIGHTLY SO

If we dont improve dramatically on pass rush, running this defense, we wont be a factor to contend IMHO 

We dont need shut down corners to run this defense well

We do need the DE that can pass rush (And maybe a true play-making safety that doesnt appear to be on this team)

I am starting to believe that our offense is rounding out and with some depth on OL, and improved play at LT, we will be ok on that side of the ball

Zero pass rush equals doom for this defense.... and this team, come playoff team, let alone the worries about how we are going to do against a team we SHOULD be beating by 3 touchdowns

26 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

He isn’t young though. Him and glow are both close to the same age. Reed is 29. Will probably just come down to which one is cheaper.

He is improving at a high rate because of level of football he had played (Minn State, his main sport was Track and Field...11 time all american, 2 x national champion) and is ascending. Glow will be more expensive because more starts and starting expierence.

26 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I truly think this is the year (offseason) we pay for a "star" FA DL that can pass rush. I HOPE that Paye and Dayo can bring it,

(I even bought a Paye Jersey :) and I havent bought a specific player Jersey since Coryatt...... Yeah, Im old)

BUT.....  I think we need to "swat this FLY" with a hammer.....  not a flyswatter

We are worried about a rookie QB from a crappy team, torching our defense - RIGHTLY SO

If we dont improve dramatically on pass rush, running this defense, we wont be a factor to contend IMHO 

We do need the DE that can pass rush (And maybe a true play-making safety that doesnt appear to be on this team)

I am starting to believe that our offense is rounding out and with some depth on OL, and improved play at LT, we will be ok on that side of the ball

Zero pass rush equals doom for this defense.... and this team, come playoff team, let alone the worries about how we are going to do against a team we SHOULD be beating by 3 touchdowns

I'll go with Zero % on a top FA DE.
   A corner or safety with our top pick, whichever one we don't sign as our highest paid FA acquisition. This makes the most sense to me. We need at least 2 new corner additions next season. We will have next to nothing beyond Rock. Rogers is weak in zone. His reported speed is no factor.
  Eb has all of our back seven in deep space waiting on the catch and to then close in. There is no read and reaction to what is coming at them. 
 It Looks intellectualy lazy, deficient.

25 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

We aren't gonna pay big money for a star DL this offseason, there just isn't an open position really and they paid Stewart and Buckner. Next year I imagine the line will look somewhat like Paye-Stewart-Buckner-Odeyingbo with Muhammed and Lewis rotating in. CB is gonna be on the priority list this offseason, as Rhodes and Carrie will be 32 and it hasn't looked great for them so far. We will probably sign at least 1 corner in FA, most likely not a big name and draft another with our 2nd round pick (because I imagine we lose the 1st rounder).

42 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

We aren't gonna pay big money for a star DL this offseason, there just isn't an open position really and they paid Stewart and Buckner. Next year I imagine the line will look somewhat like Paye-Stewart-Buckner-Odeyingbo with Muhammed and Lewis rotating in. CB is gonna be on the priority list this offseason, as Rhodes and Carrie will be 32 and it hasn't looked great for them so far. We will probably sign at least 1 corner in FA, most likely not a big name and draft another with our 2nd round pick (because I imagine we lose the 1st rounder).

I think we need to go find a young experienced corner. No more bargain shopping. 

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

High ankles are normally 6 weeks or longer. I think that's the driver at this point.

Well Wentz didn’t miss any time. I know it’s different with him. It was probably dumb to make Q play on a ankle when his back is hurting too. Just would of made the back worse. Like Reich said they needed to do this to protect Nelson from himself. Since we had Reed Ir was best to just shut Nelson down and let him get as healthy as possible.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Well Wentz didn’t miss any time. I know it’s different with him. It was probably dumb to make Q play on a ankle when his back is hurting too. Just would of made the back worse. Like Reich said they needed to do this to protect Nelson from himself. Since we had Reed Ir was best to just shut Nelson down and let him get as healthy as possible.

Don't think Wentz was a high ankle. High ankle sprains are not the same as a normal ankle sprain. 

On 10/16/2021 at 10:29 AM, Zoltan said:

How much confidence do you have in the DL you listed to get regular pressure?

If Paye shows up and gets a few sacks......  I would feel much better

On tape Dayo seems more like a slower LDE and interior rotational piece.

I dont see the player on this squad that will get sacks and pressure from the LDE spot

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

How much confidence do you have in the DL you listed to get regular pressure?

If Paye shows up and gets a few sacks......  I would feel much better

On tape Dayo seems more like a slower LDE and interior rotational piece.

I dont see the player on this squad that will get sacks and pressure from the LDE spot

Honestly I don't know, the two rookies are still unknowns

Archived