Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Week 6 Practice/Injury Report (Texans)

EastStreet

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Deep balls are historically a strength of his, so not sure I want to temp him to air it out a bunch. Our base D already does that, but just shallow to intermediate. 

Cooks and Conley are both 4.3x's guys. I don't really like the thought of them toasting our DBs. If we played press a bunch, and had guys that could be effective pressing, I'd agree somewhat. But we really don't. And you can probably bet one of the guys will be in motion, meaning it will be hard to press him.

I'm thinking Cooks will have at least one long touchdown pass.

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

This makes it even more perplexing they would rather let an injured kicker win it. Instead of Wentz and the O sigh. 

I have heard a lot of people say hot Rod should of said it’s getting worse I can’t kick. He said in his presser after that it got worse as the game went on.  I totally get that. Reich can only go by what the kicker tells him. That would of changed Reich’s philosophy in that 4th quarter. 

10 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I have heard a lot of people say hot Rod should of said it’s getting worse I can’t kick. He said in his presser after that it got worse as the game went on.  I totally get that. Reich can only go by what the kicker tells him. That would of changed Reich’s philosophy in that 4th quarter. 

This team has been Snakebitten with injuries at the worst possible times. Week 2 Wentz is driving for a possible touchdown drive injuries ankles. Week 5 Kicker injures his hip missing multiple kicks and leaving 7 points off the scoreboard it sucks.

3 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I’m surprised Rhodes is progressing further along then Sendejo. Rhodes legs went limp and stayed down. While Sendejo was forced out by refs.

Concussions can be so different. Some times they clearly up quickly and sometimes they linger. Hopefully Rhodes gets through today and doesn’t have to start the process over.

2 hours ago, JediXMan said:

I’m surprised Rhodes is progressing further along then Sendejo. Rhodes legs went limp and stayed down. While Sendejo was forced out by refs.

With his playing style and history, Sendejo has probably had a lot of concussions, which I believe can have an affect on recovering from a new one.

56 minutes ago, Shive said:

With his playing style and history, Sendejo has probably had a lot of concussions, which I believe can have an affect on recovering from a new one.

Can confirm from personal experience. My second concussion knocked me out of football for good, and is probably the reason I have chronic migraines…

6 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Won’t be able to watch the game weekend family trip. Last time I couldn’t watch Colts won in Miami lol.

So what you are saying is if we win this week, your family will need to schedule events for every Sunday during the Colts game that you are not allowed to miss the family event?:thmup:

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Something weird with Wilkins. Some kind of medical issue maybe. Almost seems like they are hiding a covid case lol. 

If he had Covid, could have used it as an excuse on Hundley last weekhaha but ya I figure now it does have to be medically more so than just a base illness

24 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Can confirm from personal experience. My second concussion knocked me out of football for good, and is probably the reason I have chronic migraines…

Yeah and concussions are all over the map in terms of severity too.  It’s like saying you have a knee injury.  The range of damage all depends on how bad it is.  

4 hours ago, JediXMan said:

This team has been Snakebitten with injuries at the worst possible times. Week 2 Wentz is driving for a possible touchdown drive injuries ankles. Week 5 Kicker injures his hip missing multiple kicks and leaving 7 points off the scoreboard it sucks.

He left 4 points off the board. The blocked by wasn't his fault. Cambel wasnt blocked.

4 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Not to mention the cramps with our CB. They weren’t injured. How unlikely is that.

17 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I have seen all the Houston games and watching Mills it is likely he will be a keeper. Watch him this Sunday. It will be interesting if he maintains his level of play what the Texans will do with the QB position.

He was really bad his first two games. We will find out Sunday if the pats were that bad or he is starting to improve. But with the colts secondary he just might continue to look good lol.

5 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Watch the game

I watched the highlights from that pats game he looked good. Bur of course all you see is the good plays. The first two games he played he was pretty bad. I am worried about our CB situation because he throws a pretty ball and they have fast WR. One of those games he had 4 int. 

11 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

We have weak coverage from safetys and LBers and it's killing us, Okereke has been awful I thought he was supposed to be good in coverage...it's seems like all our safetys love to stop the run and short pass and that's it...we have played 2 SS so to speak all year lol...hopefully we get the Old Willis soon. I wish we never let Chachere go he would be a key piece playing CB and S both at a avg to good level...

I think the best thing to do right now is just to stay out of C2 when Willis is in. I'd like to see more Sendejo once he's back and healthy. Probably can't do it now, but next year I hope we shuffle Ss.... Not sure what we can do about Oke. He'll grade well vs bad teams with no running games like Miami, but I have little confidence when we play balanced Os. Starting to think Speed is just a body as I think we'd have seen him more if he was any good.

19 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think the best thing to do right now is just to stay out of C2 when Willis is in. I'd like to see more Sendejo once he's back and healthy. Probably can't do it now, but next year I hope we shuffle Ss.... Not sure what we can do about Oke. He'll grade well vs bad teams with no running games like Miami, but I have little confidence when we play balanced Os. Starting to think Speed is just a body as I think we'd have seen him more if he was any good.

We need a better coverage LB. Leonard and Okereke are too similiar. We need a thumper.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Getting annoyed with Braden Smith not practicing or playing. If he's hurt, he's hurt. However, the Colts FO is withholding some sort of info from us about his injury. Did he break his foot? What is going on? He should be playing right now unless there is something that happened and the Colts aren't revealing it. 

Archived