Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Ravens, Monday, Oct. 11, 2021, 8:15PM

NFLfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• I have read numerous scouts and they had him ranked as the  #3 WR in the draft based on talent. I loved the pick but let's not fool ourselves, there is something that made him drop to the 2nd. I am not going to say it is character and/or lack of production. Ballard can go on his rant all he wants, but there was a reason. If he succeeds and becomes a legit #1, then we will wont care. My guess is if he fails to live up the hype, then we  it will leak out why he never reached his full potential. At this point, I couldn't care a less, as I loved the pick at the time and it was the Colts taking a chance with some questions about Mitchell. The one thing I did not like was Ballard going on his rant is he should have just kept quiet and said we like he player. Him going on a rant leaves him open to criticism if for example Mitchell does not work out and say it comes out that he has a poor attitude, work ethic etc.
    • Actually,  I don't think you can really say who is the #2. I think, they actually want Pittman to be relegated to that role as they are hoping that Mitchell or Pierce can finally assume that take the top of the defense  #1 wr.  I don't put to much stock in Mitchell unseating Downs as they play to different positions. Downs is the slot and Mitchell is hopefully that legit #1 that the Colts have never had. So in saying, Mitchell will not be unseating Downs, as they will be asked to do different things. I think the Colts are just hoping to have that legit #1 guy and then everyone else can play the role they were drafted for. If Mitchell or Pierce break out, you will see the ball spread out to the remainder of the WR's and TE's. 
    • Keep in mind, with drops, it has always been very subjective to whether it was a “drop” or not. Which is why the rates vary so much
    • That is about how much I heard he might get. I am glad it is over and we are not waiting for the other shoe to drop (leave in FA or choose not to play).   Now, all the pressure is on him to perform
  • Members