Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Decker on Peyton

WeSpy

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere in this section, so I thought I'd share the link. It's been pretty quiet on the Manning front recently, so this should get things 'stirred up' again...

Just kidding, of course---I can't stir things up---I belong to a peace movement!!! :)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82830b98/article/peyton-manning-throwing-it-great-broncos-wr-decker-says?module=HP11_headline_stack

I am happy to hear he is doing so well! I never lost faith in him. He will always be the best IMO. I hope all of Denver, the players, coaches, and fans are grateful he chose to be there. It is kind of bittersweet in a way. I wish him the best tough in everything he does. I hope he gets at least one more ring there. He deserves it!

I don't think it's possible to be surprised by Peyton. Did anyone doubt he was going to be able to throw?

Well, I doubted it. I feel like I've yapped on forever about his chances being poor of recovering arm strength (though I've tried to qualify my opinion by mentioning that it's really hard to get quality medical info out of the press).

When I've seen triceps weakness persist after a few months, I've never seen it recover completely. Who knows, I'll be delighted to be wrong on this point! I'm closer to Denver than Indy now, so I'd love to see him play. I suppose I'd wear my manning jersey (in blue).

I will have a lot of football to watch this fall!

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere in this section, so I thought I'd share the link. It's been pretty quiet on the Manning front recently, so this should get things 'stirred up' again...

Just kidding, of course---I can't stir things up---I belong to a peace movement!!! :)

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

Great to see Denver waiting to see what they get. I hate it Manning had to go but.... he did.

I feel Lucky>>> :lombardi::colts::coltslogo::coltshorse::1colts:

Well, I doubted it. I feel like I've yapped on forever about his chances being poor of recovering arm strength (though I've tried to qualify my opinion by mentioning that it's really hard to get quality medical info out of the press).

When I've seen triceps weakness persist after a few months, I've never seen it recover completely. Who knows, I'll be delighted to be wrong on this point! I'm closer to Denver than Indy now, so I'd love to see him play. I suppose I'd wear my manning jersey (in blue).

Well I for one always enjoyed reading your post because they were knowledgeable and I felt if anyone could beat the odds of recovery it would be Peyton. If you get to a game wear your blue jersey proud. I won't retire my Manning jersey until Peyton retires. :whatever: I'm not into buying jerseys it took me a long time to buy a Manning jersey. :yes: I have a boat load of colts shirts to wear to support the team.

Hoping Manning has a great year with his new team at least we know he won't be a Bronco as long as he was a Colt. :thmsup:

Decker's just happy to have a QB who will complete more than 8 passes a game. He's probably thinking "Woah, the QB actually threw the ball to me accurately. I didn't know we did that"

Seriously though, it's great to hear Peyton's throwing the ball well

Wide receiver Eric Decker has been working out with new Denver Broncos teammate Peyton Manning for about three weeks now, and he has nothing but compliments for the quarterback's arm strength -- and praise for his work habits.

"The guy's still throwing the ball a long time, throwing it great, hitting you in the right spot," Decker said Monday on ESPN Radio. "He's such a perfectionist. If he hits you in the belly button, he gets mad at himself for not hitting you in the chest.."

That's so funny..because its true.

Decker was catching them on one hop last year...

This guy is an excellent receiver and he'll bank 1,000 yard if Manning is 100% healthy...

...and it sounds like he is...

Peyton Manning has a running game again...Yoda's best NFL years in INDY revolved around EDGE & Addai...The Broncos are about to break out of their stable & make some serious noise this year.

I want Peyton to take 1 good hit early, jump back up, say I'm still here, "The Monkey's off my back now", let's go to work & dissect this secondary like the precision surgeon Yoda really is.

Peyton Manning has a running game again...Yoda's best NFL years in INDY revolved around EDGE & Addai...The Broncos are about to break out of their stable & make some serious noise this year.

I want Peyton to take 1 good hit early, jump back up, say I'm still here, "The Monkey's off my back now", let's go to work & dissect this secondary like the precision surgeon Yoda really is.

Be nice if that was an exultant chest bump with Coach Fox... :)

For the sake of our new front office I'm just glad we don't have to face him this year (Unless we make the playoffs). If we played Peyton and he murdered us like 38-10 I think there will be a lot of angry vibes around here. However, it will be exciting if we play in in like 3 years or something. As much as I love him, I can't wait to root against him when he plays us, because having him as a quarterback for so long has shown how much of an achievement it would be to best him.

DISCLAIMER: These angry people DO NOT include me. lol

Still somewhat sad that he won't be "suiting up" for us this year, but excited that we'll get to see him play.....

Looking forward to seeing him at the Bengals/Broncos game in Cincy this year..... I'll wear my Colts #18 Super Bowl Jersey to the game :cheer::rock: :rock:

If I were him, I'd take off the Orange(the color Broncos QB's wore at last year's training camp) jersey and go live early in camp, just to feel the contact and to take some hits. Obviously Von Miller isn't going to come in and clean his clock like Seymour might when facing the Raiders but I would get that contact out of the way in camp.

How many different people saying he looks good will it take until you believe them?

The only people from whom we've heard regarding Peyton's throwing are:

1) People affiliated with the Broncos

2) People affiliated with teams trying to sign Peyton

3) Friends of Peyton

I'm not saying that old Peyton isn't back. I'm just saying that we have to consider the source of these statements before we all start frothing at the mouth at the prospect of Peyton torching the league again. Let's see how it goes in real game situations with pressure, hits and read progressions.

3) Friends of Peyton

I'm not saying that old Peyton isn't back. I'm just saying that we have to consider the source of these statements before we all start frothing at the mouth at the prospect of Peyton torching the league again. Let's see how it goes in real game situations with pressure, hits and read progressions.

I'm a Believer... If for no other reason.. Peyton is a perfectionist. He wouldn't be there if he thought he couldn't perform the best. And we all know what high standards and expectations he sets for himself...

Did anyone expect the Denver receivers to say anything less than positive regarding Manning's throwing ability? Let's wait until the games are played.

haha, good point. John Elway would seem like an exciting, promising qb to them by way of comparison to tebow.

I know, I know, it's a Broncos receiver so we should take it with a grain of salt. But, here's someone else saying Manning looks good,

April 19, 2012 2:47 p.m. - by Andrew Mason

Free-agent pickup Andre Caldwell began working out with Peyton Manning at Broncos headquarters this week and was impressed by how he looked coming off neck surgery. "He looks great. He looks ready to go," Caldwell said. "I'd go to war with him any day right now, so he looks fine and healthy to me."

Denver Broncos RapidReports | All National Football League RapidReports

3) Friends of Peyton

They spent $20,000,000 on him after they watched him and examined him.

He's obviously approching 100% Him geting hit isnt the issue. Never was

That ship has sailed.

They spent $20,000,000 on him after they watched him and examined him.

He's obviously approching 100%

I'm still not won over completely. The Denver contract, as I see it, is a one-year gamble. If the Broncos don't make it deep into the playoffs this season, do they really pay Manning the $40 million bonus? Looking at Denver's schedule, I don't see it as crazy to think they might not even make the playoffs. So, if you were Denver, would you throw $18 million at Peyton Manning for one season, even if his health/throwing ability were uncertain? Why not?

Still somewhat sad that he won't be "suiting up" for us this year, but excited that we'll get to see him play.....

Looking forward to seeing him at the Bengals/Broncos game in Cincy this year..... I'll wear my Colts #18 Super Bowl Jersey to the game :cheer::rock: :rock:

Right ON Gramz!!!!!

Well I for one always enjoyed reading your post because they were knowledgeable and I felt if anyone could beat the odds of recovery it would be Peyton. If you get to a game wear your blue jersey proud. I won't retire my Manning jersey until Peyton retires. :whatever: I'm not into buying jerseys it took me a long time to buy a Manning jersey. :yes: I have a boat load of colts shirts to wear to support the team.

Hoping Manning has a great year with his new team at least we know he won't be a Bronco as long as he was a Colt. :thmsup:

My Manning jersey will be at my live fantasy draft and will be at the Falcons game on Sep 17th. Actually, I will be wearing it while I watch the Colts on TV this year; it's still a Colts Jersey and I will be proud to wear a former Colts Jersey. I also took a long time to buy my one and onlyJersey (Peytons'). GO COLTS!

I'm still not won over completely. The Denver contract, as I see it, is a one-year gamble. If the Broncos don't make it deep into the playoffs this season, do they really pay Manning the $40 million bonus? Looking at Denver's schedule, I don't see it as crazy to think they might not even make the playoffs. So, if you were Denver, would you throw $18 million at Peyton Manning for one season, even if his health/throwing ability were uncertain? Why not?

I can agree with the one year gamble part of it, to an extent, but not many people gamble with 18 million dollars. 10? Maybe? 5? Sure. But from the reports he's pretty back to throwing like Peyton Manning, so that is more of a luxury than it is a gamble.

The 40 million you mention isn't really a bonus, it's an extension where he would be paid that over the next two years, and it still has protections built in to protect against another neck issue.

It's an ode to the medical team and their plan. I'm sure the work he's received is beyond what we would imagine top notch care to be. I've done 6 months of physio for a reconstructed ankle and I just know that if I had the people Peyton has working with me around the clock I probably would have only needed 4.

No...If I thought he was not healthy..I wouldnt pay the $20 mil..and trade all my other QBs....No.

What they have done (Calb Hanie is the backup. How'd that work for the Bears) tells me they feel that Manning is near 100%.

I can totally understand your doubts because you and I havent seen him throw,.

But they have.