Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 - 2022 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

I am taking my 16 year old son to the Pacers-Lakers game tomorrow night.  My son is a huge Labron James fan and Lakers fan because of that, although I've tried to get him to become a Pacers fan.

I had read a few days ago that since James is coming back from an injury that he wouldn't likely play the back-to-back games the Lakers have tonight and tomorrow.  We worried that if he played tonight, that he would sit against the Pacers and my son wouldn't get to see him play.  We live a couple of hours from Indy and I bought tickets weeks ago when they first went on sale.

BUT, thanks to Labron's elbow incident over the weekend, he is suspended for tonight's game and will surely play against the Pacers!  Good news for my son, but not sure if it's good news for the Pacers, because James will have a chip on his shoulder due to the suspension.

Anyway, we're looking forward to the trip and game.  Took my son to a game a few years ago, but he wasn't into basketball like he is now.  He is an NBA fanatic!!  I've been a Pacers fan from day one (1967) and will be there rooting for my team while my son will be wearing Lakers gear and rooting for them.  Should make for an interesting night.

I am looking forward to seeing James play...never seen him play in person and he's obviously one of the all-time greats.  Never got to see Michael Jordan or many other great NBA players in person.

GO PACERS!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

I am taking my 16 year old son to the Pacers-Lakers game tomorrow night.  My son is a huge Labron James fan and Lakers fan because of that, although I've tried to get him to become a Pacers fan.

I had read a few days ago that since James is coming back from an injury that he wouldn't likely play the back-to-back games the Lakers have tonight and tomorrow.  We worried that if he played tonight, that he would sit against the Pacers and my son wouldn't get to see him play.  We live a couple of hours from Indy and I bought tickets weeks ago when they first went on sale.

BUT, thanks to Labron's elbow incident over the weekend, he is suspended for tonight's game and will surely play against the Pacers!  Good news for my son, but not sure if it's good news for the Pacers, because James will have a chip on his shoulder due to the suspension.

Anyway, we're looking forward to the trip and game.  Took my son to a game a few years ago, but he wasn't into basketball like he is now.  He is an NBA fanatic!!  I've been a Pacers fan from day one (1967) and will be there rooting for my team while my son will be wearing Lakers gear and rooting for them.  Should make for an interesting night.

I am looking forward to seeing James play...never seen him play in person and he's obviously one of the all-time greats.  Never got to see Michael Jordan or many other great NBA players in person.

GO PACERS!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the game tomorrow, I have LeBron on my Mt Rushmore of players. I am not a fan of his but respect his game. I have #1 - Jordan, #2 - Magic, #3 - Kareem, and #4 - is LeBron as far as my greatest players ever just based on eye test, stats, MVP's, Finals MVP's, Championships won, leadership, Clutchness, and longevity. Longevity wise Kareem and LeBron rule. I have to be honest I haven't watched 1 minute of any Pacers games this year. I haven't really watched the NBA at all, a few minutes here and there and that is about it. I used to love the NBA but have lost interest in it the last couple of years. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Enjoy the game tomorrow, I have LeBron on my Mt Rushmore of players. I am not a fan of his but respect his game. I have #1 - Jordan, #2 - Magic, #3 - Kareem, and #4 - is LeBron as far as my greatest players ever just based on eye test, stats, MVP's, Finals MVP's, Championships won, leadership, Clutchness, and longevity. Longevity wise Kareem and LeBron rule. I have to be honest I haven't watched 1 minute of any Pacers games this year. I haven't really watched the NBA at all, a few minutes here and there and that is about it. I used to love the NBA but have lost interest in it the last couple of years. 

I have the same feelings toward the NBA...don't watch much, either.  It's changed so much since the days of Jordan, Magic and Bird.  It's now a three point festival, rarely do teams use a center as they were used years ago.  I think the three point shot has its place, but it now seems to be the focal point of most offenses.

2 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

I have the same feelings toward the NBA...don't watch much, either.  It's changed so much since the days of Jordan, Magic and Bird.  It's now a three point festival, rarely do teams use a center as they were used years ago.  I think the three point shot has its place, but it now seems to be the focal point of most offenses.

Yeah Magic and Bird was the best era for me, Bird is easily a top 10 player of all-time. I think Magic was better but not by much. Bird was a great 3 point shooter but back then teams didn't shoot many. In today's game Bird would dominate because of his shooting. Bird's passing ability was close to Magic's too, he had some unreal no look passes back in the day.

Fist time on here since my son and I went to the game.  It was quite an experience!!  Pacer led most of the way, Lakers took the lead in 4th quarter, then Duarte ties it with a three pointer to send to OT.  HE WAS FOULED, but refs swallowed the whistle.

LeBron took over in OT, got two fans kicked out and really looked like a jerk with his ball grabbing and dancing.  My son was ecstatic his team won, but I lost a lot of respect for LeBron.  I understand his response to the fans and they were saying things no one should say to anyone.  I don't blame him for being upset, but his press conference and comments about his suspension and the way he acted at the Pacers game was foolish, IMO.

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

The triumphant return of Rick Carlisle. 

Dumpster Fire GIF

I honestly haven't watched 1 Pacer game this year or a full NBA game. Man I used to love the NBA like the NFL, I still keep an eye on the standings and watch highlights but never watch any games. Other than players like Curry, Giannis, and Durant the other players are MEH. LeBron was the best player of his generation but he isn't near the GOAT, Jordan and Magic both were better and LeBron is getting old now. Lakers look like they are average at best this year, it may be time for LeBron to hang it up and go into politics lmao . 

The Pacers just flat stink, we have no Superstars, Sabonis is our best player = an All-Star but in today's game it is a small man's league, 3pt shooting league. In the 80's and 90's, early 2000's - Sabonis would be a huge asset, now not so much now. 

Here are the 2022 Pacers building GIF- our owner won't spend any money, the days of Reggie, Rik, the Davis's are gone. The glory days of 1994-2000. 

Way overdue if they end up going down this path.

No idea why they would keep Pritchard and Buchanan though. Simon has obviously handcuffed them and forced down the path this team has been on but this team has done awful in the draft and Pritchard especially is largely to blame. You don't have to draft in the top 10 to get good players. 

Hopefully this rebuild happens. Trade Malcolm Brogdon too. Maybe the extension would actually generate more interest in him.

21 hours ago, ar7 said:

Way overdue if they end up going down this path.

No idea why they would keep Pritchard and Buchanan though. Simon has obviously handcuffed them and forced down the path this team has been on but this team has done awful in the draft and Pritchard especially is largely to blame. You don't have to draft in the top 10 to get good players. 

Hopefully this rebuild happens. Trade Malcolm Brogdon too. Maybe the extension would actually generate more interest in him.

They can't trade Brogdon until the summer because of that extension.

If we just had Lance back on the team, he could blow in players' ears and grab them to distract them!  p.s.  I totally can't stand LeBron.  He thinks he is owed every play and no fouls.  He's a flopper too.  Good luck Pacers the rest of the season!

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2021 at 11:15 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly haven't watched 1 Pacer game this year or a full NBA game. Man I used to love the NBA like the NFL, I still keep an eye on the standings and watch highlights but never watch any games. Other than players like Curry, Giannis, and Durant the other players are MEH. LeBron was the best player of his generation but he isn't near the GOAT, Jordan and Magic both were better and LeBron is getting old now. Lakers look like they are average at best this year, it may be time for LeBron to hang it up and go into politics lmao . 

The Pacers just flat stink, we have no Superstars, Sabonis is our best player = an All-Star but in today's game it is a small man's league, 3pt shooting league. In the 80's and 90's, early 2000's - Sabonis would be a huge asset, now not so much now. 

Here are the 2022 Pacers building GIF- our owner won't spend any money, the days of Reggie, Rik, the Davis's are gone. The glory days of 1994-2000. 

I agree and feel the same.   Loved the Pacers many years ago, but now it is obvious that without a good top 10 draft pick, they are trapped in mediocrity.  At least they are currently looking at a lottery spot in the draft.  Currently projected at number 5.  

https://www.tankathon.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I've been so busy with work and life responsibilities, that I just haven't had the time, or even effort, to watch most Pacers games this season. 

Don't get me wrong, I keep track the score for every game, along with trade rumors, but my engagement level just isn't the same as it once was a few years ago.

Until we get new ownership, I feel like this season will be more of the same going forward. 

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't feel like a great return for Sabonis but we probably overestimated his value here.

I don't know much about Haliburton.

Hield's contract is the same length and around the same money as Sabonis so not a move that gives the Pacers more cap flexibility. Given the contracts I would have thought the Pacers could have received a first in this deal too.

Overall i'm just happy to move on from Sabonis and continue to shake things up. It's long overdue here. 

On 2/8/2022 at 2:57 PM, ar7 said:

Doesn't feel like a great return for Sabonis but we probably overestimated his value here.

I don't know much about Haliburton.

Hield's contract is the same length and around the same money as Sabonis so not a move that gives the Pacers more cap flexibility. Given the contracts I would have thought the Pacers could have received a first in this deal too.

Overall i'm just happy to move on from Sabonis and continue to shake things up. It's long overdue here. 

The overwhelming general conensus is that the Pacers ripped the Kings off.  Tyrese Haliburton has PG-13 all NBA potential, he's arguably their best player and is only 21.  He's also vastly cheaper, and is a restricted free agent in 2024 so if he pans out the pacers can still opt to match.  This guy played with Fox who's one of the biggest ball hogs in the NBA, and still averaged 18 ppg over his last 20, he's a fantastic distributor and can steal.  I am super pumped about this :rock:.  The only problem is this year is toast anyways and they could use a nice lottery pick.  They could've probably traded Buddy for a mid 1st if they really wanted, some mid teir to fringe playoff team would take him.  This would still be a possibility next year. 

Well, the Pacers made some moves and we'll have to wait and see how they pan out.  From what I've read, the deal with the Kings will be a win for us, but may take some time to realize that.  Got a young big man from the Suns for Craig and we also picked up some draft capital.

I expect Brogdon to be dealt in the off season and I believe TJ Warren will be a free agent.

So, now Turner goes into the middle and we have some good young talent at the guard position.  According to Carlisle, we got a lot better in regards to shooting the ball.

It was time to break up the roster which never fully developed to its potential.  I was a big Sabonis fan, but you have to trade talent to get talent.

Draft will be important with the extra picks.  We did well last year with Duarte and Jackson...both showing lots of promise.

I am watching ESPN and if Stephen A Smith leaves Magic off his Mt Rushmore that is downright disrespectful and dumb. He was a 6'9 point guard that won player of the decade of the 80's. He won 5 Championships and went to 9 finals, he was LeBron before LeBron. He won a Championship at Philly as a rookie when Kareem was injured taking out men as a kid at 19. Magic was even more efficient than LeBron and still holds the assist per average per season at 11.2 over 13 seasons. He could score at will as well. Magic changed the league to, that alone puts him in the top 4.

Mt Rushmore is this:

Jordan

Magic - greatest PG and leader ever and not close

Kareem

LeBron

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am watching ESPN and if Stephen A Smith leaves Magic off his Mt Rushmore that is downright disrespectful and dumb. He was a 6'9 point guard that won player of the decade of the 80's. He won 5 Championships and went to 9 finals, he was LeBron before LeBron. He won a Championship at Philly as a rookie when Kareem was injured taking out men as a kid at 19. Magic was even more efficient than LeBron and still holds the assist per average per season at 11.2 over 13 seasons. He could score at will as well. Magic changed the league to, that alone puts him in the top 4.

Mt Rushmore is this:

Jordan

Magic - greatest PG and leader ever and not close

Kareem

LeBron

Stephen A Smith I love you man, you have the same as me. Thank you man clapping yes GIF by SHAED

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is because he chose the right 4.

@Mylesto follow that up he may be an a ss but he knows basketball. He made the perfect call on the Mt Rushmore, he also said the Warriors are the team to beat, I agree there too. Isiah is nuts in saying LeBron is better than Jordan. He is basing it on that LeBron will hold the records, well if someone plays 20+ years they will lmao . Jordan 6-0 in Finals, Magic 5-3 in Finals (Magic was injured in 1989 so you can't count that), LeBron 4-6 in Finals. 4-6 just doesn't do it for me when I am watching basketball. Jordan flat out dominated and Magic did as well when it came down to winning time. Jordan and Magic even won a Title in college = huge. The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

Peyton was more clutch than LeBron. He was 3-1 vs Tom Brady in Championship games, that is against the GOAT and 2-2 in SB's. LeBron has choked so many times I have lost count and the Lakers are a dumpster fire this year on top of it Fire This Is Fine GIF by MOODMAN- LeBron great player but 4th all-time. My 2 cents and eye test as well.

What is funny is saying he is 4th out of a million players is an insult to some, incredible Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV

When Magic played, the Lakers won 50 or more games every season easily and usually 60 or more. LeBron being 27-31 right now is a joke, put Magic on that team in his prime and the Lakers would be 10 games above .500. 

Archived