Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 - 2022 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the Lakers dynasty, winning time. The Lakers were actually considering drafting Moncrief over the Magic Man. lmao Magic is the GOAT in Laker history! Great show so far. Jerry West wanted Moncrief haha . Magic = 5 Championships, 3 League MVPs, 3 Finals MVPs, beat Bird 2-1. Dream Team Sport GIF by Team USA The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- beat Bird for the College Championship as well. Magic 6 Titles in total. 

It is was Showtime baby! It was over! when Kareem got injured against Philly in the 1980 Finals, Magic got on that plane and said "Have no fear the Magic Man is here" he started at Center as a rookie and scored 42 points, 15 Rebounds, 7 Assists - that is what he thought of it. He dominated Doc, Dawkins, Cheeks, and Toney to win it all. Dude was unreal at 19 years old.

You young folk need to think twice putting LeBron 1 or 2 because he isn't better than Jordan or Magic. If you think that you are silly. LeBron needs another Ring. Lakers stink now, Magic the player never had a season where they didn't win 57 games in a season when fully healthy. He still holds the record for most assists in a season per average at 11.2 for a career. He shot 52% from the field, 85% from the line which is better than LeBron, and has more Championships playing against tougher competition. I would take Magic over LeBron anyday of the week. Magic was a walking triple double at 20 points, 11 assists, and 7 rebounds a game.

Pacers mock draft has them taking these 3 in the first 2 rounds:

5 - Paolo Banchero

6-10, 250 Power Forward

22 - Bryce McGowens

6-6, 175 Shooting Guard

33 - Ismael Kamagate

6-11, 230 Center

https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

That's if they don't screw up and win many more games.  They are only 1.5 games away from dropping a projected spot.

https://www.tankathon.com/

Took my son to see the Pacers v. Blazers game yesterday.  Pacers win big without a lot of regular starters.  Brissett and Anderson looked great, and Lance had 11 assists.  Played good defense, moved the ball on offense, team play, no isolation plays...a real team effort by a lot of hungry players.  It was a joy to watch!!

• 3 weeks later...

Lakers season over! Worst record the Lakers have ever had with Magic was 57-25 in 12 seasons. LeBron's Lakers are 31-48 with a team that was favored to win it all at the beginning of the season, what a joke. Magic is better, 5-4 in Championships too. Magic would've had this years Lakers at least around .500 and making the playoffs otherwise his teammates would've had a shoe up their rear. Drop The Mic GIF

I am picking the Bucks to repeat, Suns to come out of the West but Giannis will be too much again like last year vs the Suns. He is the best player in the game. Giannis is old school, doesn't switch teams to join other all-stars to win like LeBron. He won with the Bucks last year = small market. I don't watch much anymore but he is my favorite player for many reasons. He is like Magic, Kobe, and Bird used to be = loyal.

Lakers fired Frank Vogel today.

Not a surprise given how their season went I think it was inevitable that Vogel would be the fall guy. I don't think it was right/fair but that's how things go.

Vogel is my favorite coach in Pacers history. Wish him well and hopefully gets another HC opportunity. 

Just for the heck of it, here's my Pacers Mock Draft, using the tankathon player rankings with 36 minute averages

Pick 5 - Jaden Ivey, SG, Purdue, Soph, 6-4 200#

19.8 ppg, 46% fg, 35% 3pt, 74% ft, 5.6 reb, 3.5 asst, 0.6 blk, 1.0 stl, 3.0 to

Pick 16 - Mark Williams, C, Duke, Soph, 7-0 243#

17.1 ppg, 72.1% fg, 0% 3pt, 73% ft, 11.3 reb, 1.4 asst, 4.3 blk, 0.7 stl, 1.4 to

Pick 31 - David Roddy, SF, Colorado St, Jr, 6-6 255#

21.0 ppg, 57% fg, 44% 3pt, 69% ft, 8.3 reb, 3.1 asst, 1.2 blk, 1.3 stl, 2.5 to

Pick 60 - Drew Timme, PF, Gonzaga, Jr, 6-10 235#

23.7 ppg, 59% fg, 29% 3pt, 68% ft, 8.7 reb, 3.5 asst, 1.0 blk, 0.3 stl, 3.2 to

Fun fact: Magic Johnson is the only player in NBA History to win the National Championship (1979 with Michigan St), then NBA Championship + Finals MVP in the very next year as a rookie (1980 with the Lakers). Something Jordan or LeBron never came close too.

The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- to me the debate for GOAT should be between Jordan and Magic, not Jordan and LeBron. Magic is better than LeBron. Magic was more efficient shooting 52% FG's, 85% FT's compared to LeBron's 50% FG's, 74% FT's. Magic is the all-time leader in assists per average over a career at 11.2 a year. Magic also scored right around 20 points a game for his career average not being selfish. He could've scored 30 every night if he wanted too, he scored 42 points in the game closing Game 6 at Philly in the Finals to win it all as a rookie. I will give anyone in here LeBron, I will take Magic all day, Magic was a better leader as well, he didn't go from team to team to chase rings. He also kept politics out of basketball, he just focused on winning Championships, 5-4 over LeBron!

Barack Obama Reaction GIF

NBA as of April 25th, 2022:

My top 4 players ever to play (My Mt Rushmore)

1. Michael Jordan

2. Magic Johnson

3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

4. LeBron James

Today's my top 4 players are IMO:

1. Giannis Antetokounmpo

2. Steph Curry

3. Joel Embiid

4. Nikola Jokic

Right now here is how the West stands in each series, and my predictions:

Round 1

Suns vs Pelicans = 2-2, Devin Booker who is a top 10 player in today's game will not return for this series. It is clear that they miss him. I do think CP3 along with the Suns depth will get them through this series though. My pick - Suns in 7.

Jazz vs Mavs = 2-2, I am going with the upset here. I say Jazz in 6. When Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are on the same page, this team is really good + they normally are a great 3 point shooting team with Bogdanovic and Jordan Clarkson. 

Grizzlies vs Wolves = 2-2, I see Grizzlies in 7 here. In the end Ja Morant will be too much.

Warriors vs Nuggets = 3-1 Warriors, Warriors will close this out in 5.

Here is how the East stands in each series, and my predictions:

Round 1

Heat vs Hawks = 3-1 Heat, Heat close this out in 5.

Celtics vs Nets = 3-0 Celtics, I see a sweep here by the Celtics.

Bucks vs Bulls = 3-1 Bucks, Bucks close this out in 5.

Sixers vs Raptors = 3-1 Sixers, Sixers close this out in 5

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1. Michael Jordan

2. Magic Johnson

3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

4. LeBron James

1. Giannis Antetokounmpo

2. Steph Curry

3. Joel Embiid

4. Nikola Jokic

Round 1

Suns vs Pelicans = 2-2, Devin Booker who is a top 10 player in today's game will not return for this series. It is clear that they miss him. I do think CP3 along with the Suns depth will get them through this series though. My pick - Suns in 7.

Jazz vs Mavs = 2-2, I am going with the upset here. I say Jazz in 6. When Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are on the same page, this team is really good + they normally are a great 3 point shooting team with Bogdanovic and Jordan Clarkson. 

Grizzlies vs Wolves = 2-2, I see Grizzlies in 7 here. In the end Ja Morant will be too much.

Round 1

I will add to this, I am surprised that Jason Tatum is outplaying Kevin Durant in the Celtics/Nets series and it isn't even close. Durant coming into the playoffs was arguably a top 3 player today in the league, Tatum is top 10 but Durant was pretty unstoppable. Celtics are taking them to the cleaners. I haven't watched much this year for many reasons but I still follow it, I can't wait for Round 2 as that is when the big boy series start. I am picking the Jazz over the Mavs because I don't believe Luka is still at 100%, he played great in Game 4 but he looked slow at times. We will see on that one. Luka is a top 10 player in today's league but at 75/80% that isn't going to cut it against the Jazz who have Mitchell who is also top 10ish.

Regarding LeBron, he is sill a top 10 player in today's league (top 4 of all-time) but the Lakers are done with this core of players they have now. Anthony Davis can't stay healthy and Russell Westbrook is a huge chemistry wrecker. 

Regarding the Pacers, we just stink, not much else to say about them. I miss the Reggie Miller days and congrats to Reggie for making ESPN's top 75 of all-time players list Simon Cowell Reaction GIF by America's Got Talent@CR91, a little scary with that Pelicans series being 2-2 but I think the Suns still will take it 7. CP3 won't let them lose. I am not really sure how much @Myles , @MTC @aReggie7, @Barry Sears, and @John Hammondseven watch the NBA anymore, I haven't much but follow a bit more in the playoffs. It is wide open this year so it makes it more fun to watch, no Lakers, looks like no Nets shortly either. 

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not really sure how much @Myles , @MTC @aReggie7, and @John Hammondseven watch the NBA anymore,

I don't, really.  I haven't followed the NBA much for the past dozen years or so.  Not since The Decision and all of the aftermath of that event.  Since then, I've felt that the NBA is more about the players assembling the teams they want, and playing the way they want.  There's really no reason for a general manager even for a head coach anymore.  It's all about the players.

Beyond that, at the league level, it's all about the promotion of the Entertainment Value of the product, and not about the sport as a sport.  It's not about a sport anymore.  Not really.

So, yeah, I don't pay attention much.  Except for just right now, because the Pacers have a draft opportunity in front of them, and a chance to get a truly premier player to build a team around.

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

I don't, really.  I haven't followed the NBA much for the past dozen years or so.  Not since The Decision and all of the aftermath of that event.  Since then, I've felt that the NBA is more about the players assembling the teams they want, and playing the way they want.  There's really no reason for a general manager even for a head coach anymore.  It's all about the players.

Beyond that, at the league level, it's all about the promotion of the Entertainment Value of the product, and not about the sport as a sport.  It's not about a sport anymore.  Not really.

So, yeah, I don't pay attention much.  Except for just right now, because the Pacers have a draft opportunity in front of them, and a chance to get a truly premier player to build a team around.

Same here, I do watch during the playoffs more because nothing else is on sports wise. I love Baseball but Baseball doesn't get interesting until July. LeBron changed the game a lot with the switching teams and ring chasing, he still belongs on the Mt Rushmore but IMO he not the GOAT. Magic and Bird set the tone when the NBA was down, Jordan carried the torch and Kareem is the best Center ever. LeBron will end up as the all-time scorer due to longevity but I Iook at players peaks when I rank all-time players. Jordan and Magic at their peak were just better. 

Regarding the Pacers, our management will never spend more than the Cap so we will always be stuck in mediocrity. We had our chance to get that Championship back in the 90's with Reggie, Rik, and the Davis' but failed to do so. Small market teams always fail, like the OKC's, Jazz, Pacers, etc.. It is because once they get stars through the draft, those players want to leave because their FO's won't spend any money. At one point and time OKC had Durant, Westbrook, Hardin, and Ibaka on the same team. They couldn't make it work because their FO didn't want to spend money. That should've been a dynasty. I haven't been to a Pacers game since 2013 or a Colts since 2013 for that matter lol. Since the 80's upto around 2012 I went to a bunch of them in each sport. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@CR91, a little scary with that Pelicans series being 2-2 but I think the Suns still will take it 7. CP3 won't let them lose. I am not really sure how much @Myles , @MTC @aReggie7, @Barry Sears, and @John Hammondseven watch the NBA anymore, I haven't much but follow a bit more in the playoffs. It is wide open this year so it makes it more fun to watch, no Lakers, looks like no Nets shortly either. 

I haven't been watching the NBA much the last couple of years. Part of that is the Pacers and the state of that team. I can take some bad seasons but it's hard to really get into a team you think has a bleak future. I think that's changing though.

I have watched more of the playoffs this year compared to past. I agree a more wide open playoffs has been much more interesting. I would still like to see less 3s and see a little more variety in style of play but that's just not the game today.

I missed on my Jazz pick but got the Celtics pick right. Nets are a mess. Luka looked 100 percent tonight. Games tomorrow will be interesting. This year is definitely wide open, I don't see any true  dynasties for a while. Teams like the Shaq and Kobe Lakers that 3peated from 2000 to 2002 aren't happening anymore from what I can see. Warriors didn't even 3peat when they had Durant. Warriors are like a mini dynasty I guess but I can't see any team winning 3 straight like LA did back in 2002 for a long time.

18 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

I am in the same boat as you.   I quit watching over 10 years ago.   It just got to be more like wrestling and less like a sport.  Certain players always got some leniency from the refs, but in the recent 12 years or so it got much more prominent.  Even the announcers would say stuff like - "He's earned the right to get that call" or "The refs know his style and won't call that foul".   

16 hours ago, aReggie7 said:

I haven't been watching the NBA much the last couple of years. Part of that is the Pacers and the state of that team. I can take some bad seasons but it's hard to really get into a team you think has a bleak future. I think that's changing though.

I mostly agree.   The Pacers are well run, but in a small market they needed to have a bad season like this year to give them a shot at a top 5 pick.  When you are pretty good every year and make the playoffs every year, you cannot be great.   Not in a market like Indy.  

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I am in the same boat as you.   I quit watching over 10 years ago.   It just got to be more like wrestling and less like a sport.  Certain players always got some leniency from the refs, but in the recent 12 years or so it got much more prominent.  Even the announcers would say stuff like - "He's earned the right to get that call" or "The refs know his style and won't call that foul".   

No joke!  How many steps did he take?  Doesn't matter.  He's earned it.  Was that an offensive foul?  Depends on who the player is.  Every dribble is a carry.  Every. Single. One.

On 4/25/2022 at 12:02 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will add to this, I am surprised that Jason Tatum is outplaying Kevin Durant in the Celtics/Nets series and it isn't even close. Durant coming into the playoffs was arguably a top 3 player today in the league, Tatum is top 10 but Durant was pretty unstoppable. Celtics are taking them to the cleaners. I haven't watched much this year for many reasons but I still follow it, I can't wait for Round 2 as that is when the big boy series start. I am picking the Jazz over the Mavs because I don't believe Luka is still at 100%, he played great in Game 4 but he looked slow at times. We will see on that one. Luka is a top 10 player in today's league but at 75/80% that isn't going to cut it against the Jazz who have Mitchell who is also top 10ish.

Regarding LeBron, he is sill a top 10 player in today's league (top 4 of all-time) but the Lakers are done with this core of players they have now. Anthony Davis can't stay healthy and Russell Westbrook is a huge chemistry wrecker. 

Regarding the Pacers, we just stink, not much else to say about them. I miss the Reggie Miller days and congrats to Reggie for making ESPN's top 75 of all-time players list Simon Cowell Reaction GIF by America's Got Talent@CR91, a little scary with that Pelicans series being 2-2 but I think the Suns still will take it 7. CP3 won't let them lose. I am not really sure how much @Myles , @MTC @aReggie7, @Barry Sears, and @John Hammondseven watch the NBA anymore, I haven't much but follow a bit more in the playoffs. It is wide open this year so it makes it more fun to watch, no Lakers, looks like no Nets shortly either. 

I watch some of the playoff games in short segments, but no an entire game.  My son is a huge NBA (LeBron) fan, so I watch just to keep current on things so he and I can discuss.

I am optimistic about my Pacers and the future.  I've been a fan since 1967, through thick and thin.  I like some of the young talent they have, especially Haliburton and he's a guy they can build around.  Looks like they'll hang onto Turner and maybe Brogdon, too.  Probably will depend on how the draft goes as to whether or not Brogdon is dealt.

I am hoping the Bucks repeat...I really like Giannis!!

So far I have got all my predictions right regarding the 1st round with the exception of Jazz over Mavs. That pick was mainly based on, there is usually one upset in Round 1. If the Grizz close out the Wolves I will be 7 for 8. Jazz had a chance last night and Bogdonavic missed a wide open 3 to win it, rare but crap happens. I see Booker is back for the Suns, I can't wait for that Warriors/Suns series. That should be a classic 7 game series much like how the Lakers/Kings were back in 2002.

On 4/6/2022 at 11:28 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am picking the Bucks to repeat, Suns to come out of the West but Giannis will be too much again like last year vs the Suns. He is the best player in the game. Giannis is old school, doesn't switch teams to join other all-stars to win like LeBron. He won with the Bucks last year = small market. I don't watch much anymore but he is my favorite player for many reasons. He is like Magic, Kobe, and Bird used to be = loyal.

I put 200 dollars on the Bucks today on a legal betting website and bet them straight up to win at Boston. They were getting 4.5 points but I didn't take the points so my pay put was 300 dollars signing season 3 GIF- Giannis is the best player in the world. I see a Suns/Bucks rematch in the Finals. 

On 4/25/2022 at 11:23 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1. Michael Jordan

2. Magic Johnson

3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

4. LeBron James

1. Giannis Antetokounmpo

2. Steph Curry

3. Joel Embiid

4. Nikola Jokic

Round 1

Round 1

Now we are here, in the Semis. As of now we have very competitive series which that is all I want to see. Back in the day, the Showtime Lakers used to just roll teams as in 1987 with Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Cooper, and Green, Jordan's Bulls of 1996 were unstoppable with he, Pippen, and Rodman, the 2001 Shaq/Kobe Lakers were a machine, the Warriors when Durant was there with Curry wasn't even fair = 2017/2018. Now it is wide open. 

East looks like this as of today:

Bucks lead Celtics 2-1, Game 4 will be played in Milwaukee. I like the Bucks in this series even though Chris Middleton is out. I am not betting against Giannis.

Heat and Sixers are 2-2. The Beard as in James Harden showed up last night. Man this is a 50/50 series IMO. Embiid is playing injured but still a great player. Heat are deep and have home court, but you could flip a coin here.

West

Suns and Mavs are tied at 2-2. Kind of surprised by this as I had the Suns in 5 before the series. This is looking like a 7 game series. In the end CP3 and Booker should be too much for Luka and his team.

Warriors up 2-1 over the Grizz. Looks like Ja Morant is injured. I think the Grizz are cooked. They had a hell of a season but the Warriors will probably end this in 5.

Jokic is named MVP, back to back MVP's. He joins Bird, Magic, Jordan, LeBron, Nash, Curry, and Giannis as the only back to back MVP's since 1980. The Joker is no joke. This is going pee off Embiid, I bet Philly ends up beating the Heat now. If Harden just gets his usual 25, Embiid will control the middle then. 

Miami took care of business in the Semi's vs Philly. James Harden hasn't been the same player since the league took out flopping your body toward players to draw fouls. I am surprised nobody at ESPN has brought this up. It is obvious! That has took away his inside game by driving. No more automatic 2 FT's. He now becomes 1 dimensional at this point and his jump shot is good but not great. He took 2 shots in the 2nd half of last nights game and didn't drive once. Is he a top 75 player of all-time, probably/barely because of his resume but that is debatable. He doesn't have that confidence with his drive now knowing a foul would be called if he misses. Embiid was simply injured and had no help.

Warriors still up 3-2 after getting blown out in Game 5 but they just took the night off. Everyone knows the Warriors wrap this up in 6.

Suns and Mavs, cute series but Suns will win this in 7. Suns rely on home court way too much though! Don't let it be close though because Doncic is no joke.

Last but not least, I will call them my Bucks because I picked them to win it all again from day 1. They have the baddest man on the planet, he has carried a small market team without other stars, and that is GiannisThe Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- he is my Micheal Jordan and Magic Johnson. He let the Celtics know who's boss baby! I expect the Bucks to close the Celtics out in 6 tonight. Coming Through Milwaukee Bucks GIF by NBA- ESPN never brings them up because they are small market. Giannis would clean LeBron's or Durant's clock one on one and I would put money on it. 

On 4/6/2022 at 11:28 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- this was back on April 6th!Nba Finals Dancing GIF by Milwaukee Bucks

Boston REFS are in rare beautiful form today. Reminds me why I don't watch the NBA much anymore. My God, they are getting the biggest nonsense calls. I get the Big Wigs don't want the Bucks repeating, they are a small market and they don't want a guy like Giannis being known as the clear cut greatest player in the world but this ridiculous. 

Even Boston wins today, they aren't going anywhere. Suns or Warriors will win it all, so they can celebrate all they want if they do beat the Bucks today. They won't have HCA against either of those teams, REFS will get boo'd off the floor if they try and cheat the Suns or Warriors in Game 7 on their home floor. Boston isn't better than the Bucks, this nonsense.

Warriors are going to win it all. I am almost 100% certain of this now. 5 Greatest teams ever assembled are the:

80's Lakers - 1987/1988

90's Bulls - 1996

2002 Lakers = Shaq and Kobe's 3Peat Lakers

Warriors of today going for #4, 2017 was their best team but they had Durant.

2007 Spurs. They never went back to back so they are MEH IMO but I include them from 1999-2014, they won 5 in that time frame. Winning back to back and multiple Championships are true dynasties IMO. Spurs get a pat on the ol' back. 

My 1988 Lakers with:

Magic, Scott, Worthy, Green, Kareem, Coop, Thompson(Klay's dad) that is my team The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- best team in sports history. I loved Magic and my mom bought me the back to back Championship shirt right after LA won. Riley was the greatest coach ever as well. Lakers beat Bird and Boston in 1987, then took out Utah in 1988 = Stockton and Malone, and the Pistons = Isiah, Dumars, Rodman, Dantley - all Hall of Famers and great athlete's. I call them my Lakers because everyone where I went to highschool loved Bird and Boston. Magic took it to them with the hook at the buzzer! Watching Red Aurbach cry like a baby when Magic stuck it to that whole franchise was priceless. I hated Boston because they thought their crap didn't stink. Lakers then beat Utah who was loaded and Detroit was overwhelming. Worthy saved LA in 1988. Look it up young bucks. 

Holy crap, Dallas is up 35 on the Suns, @CR91I feel for you man. Hey I picked the Bucks to win it all so I was wrong there but Giannis has his ring. Warriors are going to win it all now.

I don't wanna talk about it.

28 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I don't wanna talk about it.

Yeah I hear you man. Back in the 80's probably before you were born. Ralph beat the Lakers on a fluke shot at the buzzer in the 86 West Finals. I am a Pacers fan at heart, always have been but loved Magic Johnson so I loved LA in the 80's. When they lost I got teased big time because everyone in my area loved Bird and Boston.

As a Pacers fan, the worst loss I ever took was losing to Jordan in Game 7 because we had it won (1998 East Finals). Barely lost to a great dynasty. That was Reggie's ring.  At least the Pacers kicked the Knicks booty :banana:

Teams now days are just not great, I grew up watching the 80's Lakers and 80's Celtics. Those 2 teams set such a high standard for me that I criticize teams like what LeBron even had in Miami. Greatest teams I ever seen in this order are:

1 team per core team only - their best

1. 1987 Lakers - Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Coop, AC Green, M. Thompson. Ended up going back to back in 1988 and winning 5 Titles in the 80's. They would beat the 90's Bulls because they had the best PG ever and best Center of all-time which would counter Jordan.

2. 1996 Bulls - I think they actually were a tad better than the Celtics of the 80's. Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Kerr. Phil Jackson as coach! 2 3Peat's in the 90's. Jordan is the GOAT.

3. 1986 Celtics - Bird, McHale, Parish, DJ, Walton. They never won a back to back but it was because of LA beating them twice in the Finals.

4. 2001 Lakers - different core team than what LA had in the 80's. The Kobe/Shaq version is top 4 though - they 3Peated like the Jordan Bulls did. Phil Jackson as coach!

5. 2017 Warriors - They had Curry, D.Green, and Klay dead smack in their prime + Durant at his best.

6. 2007 Spurs, this was Duncan's best team IMO, Parker and Manu were in their primes as well.

7. 1989 Pistons - Bad Boys = Isiah, Dumars, Rodman, Laimbeer the 'bully'

8. 2013 Heat - LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and Allen.

9. 1995 Rockets - Hakeem, Drexler, Horry, Smith. They went Back to Back!

10. 1983 - for 1 year they were great with Moses and the Doctor!

There are no teams today that can come close to beating any of these teams above. Last true dominant team I have seen was in 2018 when the Warriors won it all, their 2017 team was better though.

As of now I would favor the Warriors here in 2022 because Steph Curry is the best player left in these playoffs and they still have Klay and D.Green playing at a good level but it isn't a given.

The greatest players no ring boat =

Karl Malone, John Stockton, Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller, Allen Iverson, Pat Ewing, Steve Nash, and CP3 is doing this with them on the same boat 200.gif.

Teams now days are just not great, I grew up watching the 80's Lakers and 80's Celtics. Those 2 teams set such a high standard for me that I criticize teams like what LeBron even had in Miami. Greatest teams I ever seen in this order are:

1 team per core team only - their best

1. 1987 Lakers - Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Coop, AC Green, M. Thompson. Ended up going back to back in 1988 and winning 5 Titles in the 80's. They would beat the 90's Bulls because they had the best PG ever and best Center of all-time which would counter Jordan.

2. 1996 Bulls - I think they actually were a tad better than the Celtics of the 80's. Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Kerr. Phil Jackson as coach! 2 3Peat's in the 90's. Jordan is the GOAT.

3. 1986 Celtics - Bird, McHale, Parish, DJ, Walton. They never won a back to back but it was because of LA beating them twice in the Finals.

4. 2001 Lakers - different core team than what LA had in the 80's. The Kobe/Shaq version is top 4 though - they 3Peated like the Jordan Bulls did. Phil Jackson as coach!

5. 2017 Warriors - They had Curry, D.Green, and Klay dead smack in their prime + Durant at his best.

6. 2007 Spurs, this was Duncan's best team IMO, Parker and Manu were in their primes as well.

7. 1989 Pistons - Bad Boys = Isiah, Dumars, Rodman, Laimbeer the 'bully'

8. 2013 Heat - LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and Allen.

9. 1995 Rockets - Hakeem, Drexler, Horry, Smith. They went Back to Back!

10. 1983 - for 1 year they were great with Moses and the Doctor!

There are no teams today that can come close to beating any of these teams above. Last true dominant team I have seen was in 2018 when the Warriors won it all, their 2017 team was better though.

As of now I would favor the Warriors here in 2022 because Steph Curry is the best player left in these playoffs and they still have Klay and D.Green playing at a good level but it isn't a given.

The greatest players no ring boat =

Karl Malone, John Stockton, Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller, Allen Iverson, Pat Ewing, Steve Nash, and CP3 is doing this with them on the same boat 200.gif.

The Conference Finals are set: My predictions are,

West

Warriors 4-3 over Mavs. Warriors unlike the Suns will take advantage of their Homecourt IMO. Luka is great but he isn't Dirk yet where he can carry a team to a Championship like Dirk did in Dallas in 2011.

East

I honestly can't stand the Celtics, it isn't even an 80's thing but they IMO have a dirty team like they did in the 80's lmao . I love good hard physical play but they take it to a dirty level at times like the Celtics of the 80's and Pistons of the 80's, Knicks of the 90's too.I can't see Jimmy Butler putting up with their goggly goop lmao . I will take the Heat in 7 only because they have HCA and a better coach. Both teams are good and deep and if Tatum is a true superstar the Celtics may win this in 6 or 7. Final answer, Heat 4-3.

The big talk on the sports shows this morning is, is CP3 a top 5 PG of all-time. Answer is easy for me, an easy NO!

1. Magic is #1 by a mile

2. Oscar Robertson

3. Steph Curry

4. Isiah Thomas

5. John Stockton - he didn't win a ring but went to 2 Finals and lost to freakin Michael Jordan both times. He also is the all-time leader in Assists and Steals and was on the 1992 Dream Team that won Gold! Anyone that doesn't have Stock in the top 5 just doesn't know hoops.

There is debate whether or not to consider Curry a SG or PG but his natural position is PG, he is a PG that just happens to be the best shooter of all-time lmao . Jerry West can play PG but he is known as a SG by most people. Regarding CP3, he has had a great Hall of Fame career but isn't better than any of the guys I just named. CP3 is on the level of a Bob Cousy - real old school I know,  or a Jason Kidd, Allen Iverson, and the 'Glove' Gary Payton. Iverson was actually more dangerous from a scoring standpoint. 

Archived