Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 - 2022 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Boston thought they could do was bully the Warriors by playing physical. Draymond Green put his foot up their butt lmao . Warriors are the greatest thing happen to me/basketball wise, I like the Lakers = 80's teams so they will prevent Boston from getting more Championships as a franchise (Magic is my guy). They beat LeBron 3 times when LeBron thought he owned the league and could buy Championships. They took 3 Championships away from LeBron fan boysHomer Simpson Dancing GIF

Warriors showed you what a barrage was Boston fans, now brag and boast. Warriors in 6. Good night.

On 6/5/2022 at 10:37 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What Boston thought they could do was bully the Warriors by playing physical. Draymond Green put his foot up their butt lmao . Warriors are the greatest thing happen to me/basketball wise, I like the Lakers = 80's teams so they will prevent Boston from getting more Championships as a franchise (Magic is my guy). They beat LeBron 3 times when LeBron thought he owned the league and could buy Championships. They took 3 Championships away from LeBron fan boysHomer Simpson Dancing GIF

Warriors showed you what a barrage was Boston fans, now brag and boast. Warriors in 6. Good night.

Some players and teams you just don't like. I love the Pacers, always have since I was a kid. Like the Lakers in the 80s because of Magic. Can't stand Lebron since the decision in 2010 and never liked the Celtics. I did like Larry Bird out of respect and he was a great coach with the Pacers but that was about it.

That was a nice crap show last night and almost everyone on ESPN, CBS is picking Boston now. They are up 2-1. All the Warriors have to do is win Game 4, then at 2-2 it becomes a best of 3. Warriors have HCA back at that point too. These analysts are poking the Big Bear (Draymond Green), they need to be careful. The Warriors have won championships and been there, I find it laughable how some of these guys in the media think Boston has this now. Steph Curry is the best player as well. The team that has the best player normally wins in the Finals. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That was a nice crap show last night and almost everyone on ESPN, CBS is picking Boston now. They are up 2-1. All the Warriors have to do is win Game 4, then at 2-2 it becomes a best of 3. Warriors have HCA back at that point too. These analysts are poking the Big Bear (Draymond Green), they need to be careful. The Warriors have won championships and been there, I find it laughable how some of these guys in the media think Boston has this now. Steph Curry is the best player as well. The team that has the best player normally wins in the Finals. 

I don't watch the NBA but agree that it is silly to think the Celtics have it now.   If they win game 4 it is a different story.  

I like many haven't watched much NBA this year but I have during the playoffs. This Finals has been really great, no politics involved, no LeBron, and 2 great teams battling their butts off. At 2-2 it is anyone's series, I want the Warriors but my hats off to the Celtics for making this tough!

I was talking with a friend of mine who actually does sports talk radio (I can't/won't mention his name) and he told me I should list greatest pre-merger players, and then post-merger greatest players. Mainly because you can't compare players from the 50's/60's/70's to players from the 80's to now.

Merger started in the 1977 season after the ABA ended:

My top 10 players post-merger, I feel comfortable listing because I have an eye test + the video's, stats, how they lead teams, and I know their accolades = League MVP's/Finals MVP's, and Championships:  

1. Michael Jordan

2. Magic Johnson

3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - post-merger he was dominant up until 1988, even in 1988 he was still good and helped the Lakers to another Championship. Pre-merger I have him #1 of all-time. He could play 10 feet away from the basket because of his skyhook. Most unstoppable shot in NBA history. 6 Championships won, 5 post-merger, he also won Finals MVP in 1985 at the age of 38.

4. LeBron James

-That is my Mt Rushmore post-merger

-Now to 5-10

5. Kobe Bryant

6. Larry Bird

7. Shaq O'Neal - Most dominant big man post-merger I have ever seen.

8. Tim Duncan 

9. Steph Curry - even if the Warriors lose to the Celtics, I have him here. He is the greatest shooter of all-time and has won 3 Championships already, that is as many as Bird has. If the Warriors go on to win the Championship here in 2022 than his ranking here is really justified. If the Warriors win this, he will have as many Championships as LeBron has = 4 and he has stayed on the same team his whole career.

10. Hakeem Olajuwon - He is so underrated, he makes my top 10 though post-merger. 

Honerable Mention: Karl Malone, 3rd leading scorer in NBA history and would have a ring had he not ran into Jordan. He did win 2 League MVP's in 1997 and 1999.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like many haven't watched much NBA this year but I have during the playoffs. This Finals has been really great, no politics involved, no LeBron, and 2 great teams battling their butts off. At 2-2 it is anyone's series, I want the Warriors but my hats off to the Celtics for making this tough!

I was talking with a friend of mine who actually does sports talk radio (I can't/won't mention his name) and he told me I should list greatest pre-merger players, and then post-merger greatest players. Mainly because you can't compare players from the 50's/60's/70's to players from the 80's to now.

My top 10 players post-merger, I feel comfortable listing because I have an eye test + the video's, stats, how they lead teams, and I know their accolades = League MVP's/Finals MVP's, and Championships:  

1. Michael Jordan

2. Magic Johnson

3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - post-merger he was dominant up until 1988, even in 1988 he was still good and helped the Lakers to another Championship. Pre-merger I have him #1 of all-time. He could play 10 feet away from the basket because of his skyhook. Most unstoppable shot in NBA history. 6 Championships won, 5 post-merger, he also won Finals MVP in 1985 at the age of 38.

4. LeBron James

-Now to 5-10

5. Kobe Bryant

6. Larry Bird

8. Tim Duncan 

9. Steph Curry - even if the Warriors lose to the Celtics, I have him here. He is the greatest shooter of all-time and has won 3 Championships already, that is as many as Bird has. If the Warriors go on to win the Championship here in 2022 than his ranking here is really justified. If the Warriors win this, he will have as many Championships as LeBron has = 4 and he has stayed on the same team his whole career.

10. Hakeem Olajuwon - He is so underrated, he makes my top 10 though post-merger. 

Honerable Mention: Karl Malone, 3rd leading scorer in NBA history and would have a ring had he not ran into Jordan. He did win 2 League MVP's in 1997 and 1999.

I tell ya, sports is funny. After Boston won Game 3, their fans were all over the phone lines and most of the media was saying it was over. After Game 4 crickets baby! They just gave Curry life, can't do that. Boston hasn't lost 2 games in a row since March, it is about to happen The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- this is for @Julesseason 2 stephen vs the game GIF by Versus On Watch

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I tell ya, sports is funny. After Boston won Game 3, their fans were all over the phone lines and most of the media was saying it was over. After Game 4 crickets baby! They just gave Curry life, can't do that. Boston hasn't lost 2 games in a row since March, it is about to happen The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- this is for @Julesseason 2 stephen vs the game GIF by Versus On Watch

Yeah I think some jumped the gun by counting out the Warriors prior to game 4. The Warriors are a team that shouldn't be counted out even when they get down big in a game because they put up points in a hurry.

I can see this series going 7. Then it will be draft time which hopefully turns out to be a great night for the Pacers this year.

3 minutes ago, aReggie7 said:

Yeah I think some jumped the gun by counting out the Warriors prior to game 4. The Warriors are a team that shouldn't be counted out even when they get down big in a game because they put up points in a hurry.

I can see this series going 7. Then it will be draft time which hopefully turns out to be a great night for the Pacers this year.

I wish a LeBron or Duncan was coming out and we had the #1. Not the case, Pacers I will always love but we are lost cause at this point.

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wish a LeBron or Duncan was coming out and we had the #1. Not the case, Pacers I will always love but we are lost cause at this point.

Even without a guy like LeBron or Duncan I remain hopeful the Pacers can put together a contender. I know what they are up against but I think they can do it. IMO they had what they needed to win it all in 2013 and 2014 except maybe for Paul and Roy to be wired a little more like Lance. Nobody thought Steph Curry was going to be the center of a championship contender for the Warriors back when he was drafted 7 or 8? It takes some luck but outside of the once in a generation guy like LeBron or Duncan the best guys in the draft are often picked after #1. Looking at the finals last year and Giannis was the 15th pick in 2013 and Booker was #13 in his draft.

Warriors pull off the win tonight. Curry hits zero 3s and they still win. Wiggins had a big game scoring and rebounding. It will be interesting to see how the Celtics respond. I think the Warriors can definitely close this out in Boston though.  

1 hour ago, aReggie7 said:

Even without a guy like LeBron or Duncan I remain hopeful the Pacers can put together a contender. I know what they are up against but I think they can do it. IMO they had what they needed to win it all in 2013 and 2014 except maybe for Paul and Roy to be wired a little more like Lance. Nobody thought Steph Curry was going to be the center of a championship contender for the Warriors back when he was drafted 7 or 8? It takes some luck but outside of the once in a generation guy like LeBron or Duncan the best guys in the draft are often picked after #1. Looking at the finals last year and Giannis was the 15th pick in 2013 and Booker was #13 in his draft.

Warriors pull off the win tonight. Curry hits zero 3s and they still win. Wiggins had a big game scoring and rebounding. It will be interesting to see how the Celtics respond. I think the Warriors can definitely close this out in Boston though.  

Warriors 1 win away. Steph had a rare off game but Wiggins was sensational. 

On 6/13/2022 at 6:52 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1. Michael Jordan

2. Magic Johnson

4. LeBron James

-Now to 5-10

5. Kobe Bryant

6. Larry Bird

8. Tim Duncan 

Curry had a bad game (by his standards, 0-9 from 3 but he still had 16 points and 8 assists) last night and the Warriors still won. I think Thursday night he will validate why is a top 10 player of all-time = post-merger/1977. I can see him going off for 40 Thursday. Boston had their chance Friday to go up 3-1 and put a strangle hold on this series, they choked. Then last night with Steph going 0-9 from 3 which has never happened, Boston should have won. This will be over come Thursday The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

1. Michael Jordan

2. Magic Johnson

4. LeBron James

-Now to 5-10

5. Kobe Bryant

6. Larry Bird

8. Tim Duncan 

The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- probably my best list ever players wise above.

Congrats Steph and beating the pesky Celtics. Celtics were a pain. Warriors have won 4 in 8 seasons + a back to back = 2016/2017, true dynasty (2015, 2017, 2018, 2022). Lakers won 5 in 9 seasons during the 80's + a back to back in 1987/1988 (1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988). Bulls during the 90's with 6 in 8 seasons = 2 3Peats (1991-1993, 1996-1998). Lakers with Shaq and Kobe 3Peated from 2000-2002, only 3 but a 3Peat, you 3Peat you are in this discussion.

Spurs won 5 with Duncan and Pop but it was 5 in 16 seasons with no Repeats. = 1999, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2014.

I haven't had a drink in 3 weeks. Time to have a strong Crown on ice to celebrate Boston going down. Their fans are ridiculously rude. Thank you Warriors! I can't believe at how many people picked Boston to win this series and their fans on sports talk radio were bozo's (as in rude/talking smack) after they went up 2-1Homer Simpson Reaction GIF. I have my drink and air conditioner on 68, and fan on high. Good night everyone. 

I thought the series was a fun watch as someone who didn't have a great deal of preference as to who won. 

What a run for the Warriors. It seemed like their run might have been over once KD left but they got it done. 

Who would have thought that the great run Steph had back in 2008 (I think?) with Davidson would carry over to the NBA? Great performance by him again tonight. 

One guy who really stood out throughout this series to me was Andrew Wiggins. He had another nice game to close it out and his play this series reminds us that defense still matters. 

1 hour ago, aReggie7 said:

I thought the series was a fun watch as someone who didn't have a great deal of preference as to who won. 

What a run for the Warriors. It seemed like their run might have been over once KD left but they got it done. 

Who would have thought that the great run Steph had back in 2008 (I think?) with Davidson would carry over to the NBA? Great performance by him again tonight. 

One guy who really stood out throughout this series to me was Andrew Wiggins. He had another nice game to close it out and his play this series reminds us that defense still matters. 

Wiggins was their 2nd best player, to the above post I meant the Warriors went back to back in 2017/2018. They lost in 2016, the league suspended Draymond when they were up 3-1 and gave an open door to LeBron for a Championship lmao . I had a dog in this fight is why I have been posting here so much. Can't stand the Celtics, their fans are rude and they are a dirty team. They were dirty back in the 80's and even in the Kobe era they were dirty. They have always had teams that can't win unless they play real physical = football type basketball, like the Pistons used too as well. I like some physical play but the beauty of basketball is the shooting and passing, motion, of how players play. Players like Kevin McHale, Kevin Garnett, Kendrick Perkins, and Marcus Smart should play football the way they play season 3 laughing GIF

The Knicks tried their bully ball tactics vs us in 1995 and Reggie cleaned their clock Yelling New York Knicks GIF by Indiana Pacers

1. Michael Jordan

2. Magic Johnson

4. LeBron James

-Now to 5-10

5. Kobe Bryant

6. Larry Bird

8. Tim Duncan 

The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- 1 more Crown on ice then bed time lmao . This stuff is so great watching Boston go down in flames. I won big money on this series too, so that is another reason why I am celebrating. I netted 440 dollars. 

I have a head ache but other than that it is all good. Don't have to be into work until midnight. Will get me some lunch and sleep the rest of the day. I had Warriors in 6 before it started and I haven't really watched basketball all season until the playoffs. I won money, Boston and their fans got deflated, it is all good. Now my Colts are about to win that AFC South, watch and see. Regular Season Sport GIF by NBA 

Early pick for next year is the Bucks win it all. Bucks would've been in the Finals this year had Middleton not got injured. Giannis is still the best player in the league today, Steph is better all-time. Warriors had their last ride IMO, Boston is too streaky to win it all. I could see Mavs vs Bucks next season in the Finals. Luka is ready to take that next step.

Perkins is nuts, I think he had one too many drinks this morning lmao . I love Steph Curry, he is in my top 10 but isn't Mt Rushmore. The Mt Rushmore is:

Michael Jordan

Magic Johnson

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

LeBron James

- I would put Kobe over Steph. J. Will agree's with my Mt Rushmore. Stephen A. Smith has Bill Russell instead of Magic on his. Bill Russell wasn't better than Magic, Russell won 8 of his championships only having to win 2 series. He also had deficiency's on offense. Wilt was better than Russell. Russell always had better teams. Celtics won 11 championships from 1957-1969 and they still don't have more than the Lakers all-time. Since 1980 when the league had superior athlete's and a lot of 7'0 footers, the Lakers have won 11, Boston 4 lmao . Magic was 6'9 and would've dominated at Center back in the 60's. He was just as tall as Bill Russell and a much better passer and scorer. Celtics fans know this deep down, it hurts but it is the truth. Lakers 17 Boston 17 The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

Kevin Durant is great, top 20 ever IMO. He is alot like LeBron, switch teams to win a few championships, etc.. Which I can't stand but LeBron is on my Mt Rushmore because his stats are so overwhelming that I can't leave him off + he has won 4 championships. LeBron is going beat Kareem's scoring record next season so he belongs in the top 4. Back to Durant, he left Steph to play with Kyrie, Warriors were going to take the salary cap hit to re-sign Durant.  I just don't see Durant ever winning another championship and if Giannis gets his 2nd one, he moves ahead of Durant IMO all-time. 

I've been reading/listening up on draft coverage lately since the draft is less than a week a way. A few things: 

- On a recent podcast Alex Golden said that Rick Carlise was recently spotted having dinner with Jalen Smith in downtown. I'm not sure how big of a role they see for him next season if they bring him back but i'd like to see him brought back. 

- Brogdon/Turner in trade rumors. I think it's time to move on from both. (especially Brogdon)

- Pacers a possible destination for DeAndre Ayton in a sign and trade. I sure hope that doesn't happen though. I mean this guy was the #1 overall pick and the Suns just went to the finals last year and they are not all in on him? Feels a little like the Carson Wentz situation (without hitting rock bottom stats wise) where there is smoke there is fire. Plus, i'd rather see the Pacers focus on improving on the perimeter. 

- Woj reported the Pacers, Pistons, and Wizards are interested in trading up to #4 to draft Jaden Ivey. I like several players for #6 but if the Pacers really see Ivey as a game changing talent you have to get something done. They are within striking distance. 

Assuming the Pacers stay at #6 I think at least 2 of these guys will be available and i'd like to see them be the pick. (assuming Smith, Banchero, Holmgren, Ivey are off the board)

- Bennedict Mathurin 

- Dyson Daniels

- Keegan Murray

Daniels is similar to Haliburton but both are so versatile that I think they could play well together. I find that pairing intriguing in the game today. Daniels would improve the team defensively which is badly needed. I like Mathurin and Murray too though. 

Listening to Kevin and Jake this week and they mentioned the Pacers liking Shaedon Sharpe. He is scheduled for a workout next week. Jake brought up concerns with Sharpe and how he has bounced around, hasn't played much, and might be tough to keep long-term. I think he is right and would rather see them go in a different direction. It just seems like it would be another PG/Victor situation in a few years where his camp wants him elsewhere in a bigger market. 

I'd love to see the Pacers pick up another first round pick. I think they have the assets to get something done. There are some other guys, like Jeremy Sochan, who might be available in that range that would also be a great addition. 

On another note, if you want to read up on the Pacers one of the out there (IMO) is Caitlin Cooper. She does great stuff on IndyCornRows. https://www.indycornrows.com/

7 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Was hoping for Ivey, but I like Mathurin. He and Haliburton are gonna be a nice combo. Especially if we can trade Brogdon. 

I'm not too high on Ivey.   Was a selfish college player.  I guess that may be OK in the NBA.   

Seemed like a bummer draft to have the 6th pick in.  I didn't hear anyone saying there are 6 players who could be great.

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm not too high on Ivey.   Was a selfish college player.  I guess that may be OK in the NBA.   

Seemed like a bummer draft to have the 6th pick in.  I didn't hear anyone saying there are 6 players who could be great.

Well, yeah. The NBA wasn’t gonna let Indy have a top 5 pick, regardless of the odds. 

2 hours ago, Myles said:

When it comes to the NBA, a small market team has almost no chance. Unless there is a LeBron or Duncan and that team gets the #1 pick. I still can't stand that LeBron left Cleveland to team up with Wade, then they got Bosh. Added Allen in 2013 even to insure a Repeat lmao . He left to get easy rings, much like Durant did going to the Warriors = Booooo. LeBron redeemed himself by going back to Cleveland and got that city a Championship so credit to him for that at least. He took down the Warriors in 2016 with Irving as his Robin. Without that, he wouldn't be in my top 4 of all-time, despite his stats = Mt Rushmore with Jordan, Magic, and Kareem. His ring in Cleveland meant 5 times more than anything he won in Miami, JMO. That ring and his stats puts him in my top 4. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@CR91, I am hearing rumors that Durant wants to play in Phoenix. He wants to be traded. Imagine a Big3 of Durant, Booker, and CP3. They might finally do it if that happens. CP3 has maybe only a year or 2 left, so that is a move they need to make. 

Definitely excited if it happens, but I'd be upset if they gave up Bridges.

Just now, aReggie7 said:

Brogdon is gone! Great news, IMO. 

Looks like it is:

Pacers Receive: 2023 1st round pick, Daniel Theis, Aaron Nesmith, Nik Stauskas, Malik Fitts and Juwan Morgan

Celtics Receive: Malcolm Brogdon 

While I haven't watched the NBA for many years, this seems like a good trade for the Pacers.  They will have 2 first rund picks next year to use as picks or trade material.   They get a 1st round pick from last year and 4 other players.   

1 minute ago, Myles said:

While I haven't watched the NBA for many years, this seems like a good trade for the Pacers.  They will have 2 first rund picks next year to use as picks or trade material.   They get a 1st round pick from last year and 4 other players.   

Yep. Brogdon didn't fit on the court with the younger guys and I don't think he is really the leader you want off the court either.

Depending on the Cavs pick the Pacers could actually have 3 1st round picks next year. 

8 minutes ago, aReggie7 said:

Yep. Brogdon didn't fit on the court with the younger guys and I don't think he is really the leader you want off the court either.

Depending on the Cavs pick the Pacers could actually have 3 1st round picks next year. 

I didn't know about the possible Cavs pick.   I just googled it.  Are you sure that wasn't for last season?

Archived