Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Mathis

John Dee

Just because a team is rebuilding which clearly they are doing doesnt mean that they arent trying to win games, of course they will try to win as many games as they can, rebuilding isnt easy and more often then not it does make it harder to win games at least in the beginning but you always put your best effort forward and try to win games rebuilding or not

This is what leadership is about. The defense will not be 1/2 as bad as was played in the depths of the Larry Coyer Cover Nobody, 'Prevent' a victory, 'Bend but don't Win' defense.

Defense and special teams can change games. We are NOT going to be as bad on offense with a good young QB. I am leaving GREAT for later. The OL is better. A good solid draft is the next piece....Grigson has both the Eagles draft board and our at his disposal....gonna be fun. Anyone else excited?

Im kinda tired of hearing the media talk about our potential first pick in Luck or RGIII (Almost a certainty its Luck) Id like to hear them talk about the rounds AFTER the first round especially ours and what they think we should do, we have other problems besides quarterback

Im kinda tired of hearing the media talk about our potential first pick in Luck or RGIII (Almost a certainty its Luck) Id like to hear them talk about the rounds AFTER the first round especially ours and what they think we should do, we have other problems besides quarterback

I am totally with you Gavin....I am feeling Best Available at each round in terms of needs. Whether it be corner, TE, NT....I just think it will depend on possible trades and the immediate picks before the Colts picks.

Agreed but as it is now Ill go Corner in second and it might be a reach but Ill go Ta'amu in the third, we do need a Tight End but outside of Fleener no one is really being talked about and their is a big drop off so I am thinking that can be a late round pick but obviously still time before draft night so subject to change

Agreed but as it is now Ill go Corner in second and it might be a reach but Ill go Ta'amu in the third, we do need a Tight End but outside of Fleener no one is really being talked about and their is a big drop off so I am thinking that can be a late round pick but obviously still time before draft night so subject to change

As always....there will be surprises....someone will rate high on one's draft board with 'needs' and another will fall. I think that is why we call it the 'war room.'

Mathis has said this on Twitter a few times... "we're not rebuilding, I've only got a few years left so no time to rebuild we're trying to win games now!"

Of course we're trying to win games now but we still have to rebuild, look at the standard of players cut, we have to do rebuilding work unless we're just going to go ahead with a significantly weakened team...

"we are not rebuilding, we are playing football to win games." @nfl Nike uni event..

Rock on Robert..................................

No offense to Robert as he played his butt off last year....but I wish the rest of the team played that way! Saints game anyone? Team gave up on several several games....defense first! That offense was terrible but if the defense could have kept them in the game they could have got something together. That defense had no heart for awhile!

This is what leadership is about. The defense will not be 1/2 as bad as was played in the depths of the Larry Coyer Cover Nobody, 'Prevent' a victory, 'Bend but don't Win' defense.

Defense and special teams can change games. We are NOT going to be as bad on offense with a good young QB. I am leaving GREAT for later. The OL is better. A good solid draft is the next piece....Grigson has both the Eagles draft board and our at his disposal....gonna be fun. Anyone else excited?

Doesn't it make you wish we still had 18??? Sorry to bring it up.. I'm all for Luck but hearing Irsay say we are a few years off is ridiculous if you have 18. He took us to the SB with 17 of the 21 starters on last years team. D and ST will be much improved. If we had 18 each and every one of us would have legitimate SB hopes for this season. I'm still sad I guess. sigh.

No offense to Robert as he played his butt off last year....but I wish the rest of the team played that way! Saints game anyone? Team gave up on several several games....defense first! That offense was terrible but if the defense could have kept them in the game they could have got something together. That defense had no heart for awhile!

Did you have to remind me of that Saints game? I just started forgetting about it.

LOL

I'm also excited. I'm not predicting a division title, but I don't think we're necessarily going to be a bad team again. I think we'll definitely be better than we were in 2011.

LOL

I'm also excited. I'm not predicting a division title, but I don't think we're necessarily going to be a bad team again. I think we'll definitely be better than we were in 2011.

we can only hope..lol Last season was brutal to watch

"we are not rebuilding, we are playing football to win games." @nfl Nike uni event..

Rock on Robert..................................

I wouldn't expect our players to feel any other way. No one wants to lose you put too much effort into football to go out there and say okay let's lose! That's why I laugh when people talk about players losing on purpose. It'll never happen. You might lose a team or have guys not give their all but I really doubt a team has ever set out to try to lose. Not that you were saying anything like that just building off what you said.

When your offense barely converts 3rd downs let alone score points of course the defense is gonna shut it down granted there were multiple issues in terms of talent on defense but their not playing madden out there real men get tired and disheartened. Especially considering the team's track record for a drop off that bad with the loss of ONE player ( granted G.O.A.T QB ) it would crush any team, when they realized they couldn't win without Peyton you have to have known it was only a matter of time before guys quit.

We only scored 13 points a game on offense...

Defense really was not a problem in most games...

Doesn't it make you wish we still had 18??? Sorry to bring it up.. I'm all for Luck but hearing Irsay say we are a few years off is ridiculous if you have 18. He took us to the SB with 17 of the 21 starters on last years team. D and ST will be much improved. If we had 18 each and every one of us would have legitimate SB hopes for this season. I'm still sad I guess. sigh.

what i find funny is how we are adding defensive players and changing our scheme and yet we didnt do that when peyton was here

Even with Manning, we gave up big yards, alot of points left and right, outside Mathis and Freeny and Angerer that defense was a joke. with 18 we couldnt add some of the pieces we have now because his massive cap hit

We only scored 13 points a game on offense...

Defense really was not a problem in most games...

I know it is far-fetched, but I said at one point we 'should have been' 5-5 or 6-4 at one point. The lack of defensive half-time adjustments....minute to minute adjustments killed us.

Even with Manning, we gave up big yards, alot of points left and right, outside Mathis and Freeny and Angerer that defense was a joke. with 18 we couldnt add some of the pieces we have now because his massive cap hit

hey dont forget my boy bethea

I know it is far-fetched, but I said at one point we 'should have been' 5-5 or 6-4 at one point. The lack of defensive half-time adjustments....minute to minute adjustments killed us.

more and more proof why we had the worst coaching staff

what i find funny is how we are adding defensive players and changing our scheme and yet we didnt do that when peyton was here

Polian was convinced the Cover Nobody was the right defense even without Manning. He stated it numerous times in Polian Corner on Colts.com. Two teams that changed everything changed to win were Denver and Miami. If we had changed....we would have won more games and not gotten the number one choice. And 'other' changes would not have occurred. I'm just sayin.

Polian was convinced the Cover Nobody was the right defense even without Manning. He stated it numerous times in Polian Corner on Colts.com. Two teams that changed everything changed to win were Denver and Miami. If we had changed....we would have won more games and not gotten the number one choice. And 'other' changes would not have occurred. I'm just sayin.

i have nothing against what we are doing now. my point is if we did this from the beginning of the manning era we might have had more championships

i have nothing against what we are doing now. my point is if we did this from the beginning of the manning era we might have had more championships

I think we are making the right defensive moves, and the draft is crucial. I am agreeing with you....I just made the point on the lax Cover 2.

When you win......rarely do you change even if winning 37-34 every week. It will hurt when the main man is gone and we have a painter as a back-up.

When you win......rarely do you change even if winning 37-34 every week. It will hurt when the main man is gone and we have a painter as a back-up.

you dont put on your eggs in one basket and thats what the colts did with peyton