Official RELEASE Colts Depth Chart

bayone

Official RELEASE Colts Depth Chart

INDY STAR Mike Chapell

My link

STAMPEDE BLUE Takes . Here's what we know, via above &

Paul Kuharsky My link

By Paul Kuharsky

ANDERSON, Ind. – A first look at the Colts’ first unofficial depth chart gives us some nuggets to consider:

Jacques McClendon is the starting left guard over Joe Reitz, though they’ve practiced in the other order.

The base offense is three wide, with Austin Collie in what’s technically the H-back spot.

Tommie Harris is fifth at left defensive tackle, a spot he’ll surely move up from.

Rookie Drake Nevis is the No. 2 left defensive tackle behind Fili Moala.

Eric Foster is the No. 2 right defensive tackle behind Antonio Johnson.

Undrafted rookie Joe Lefeged is backing up Melvin Bullitt at strong safety.

Al Afalava is backing up Antoine Bethea at free safety.

Devin Moore is the punt returner.

Undrafted David Gilreath is the punt returner.

& Chapell article above ( mistakenly blue says is by said by phil wilson ,) and Ashely Adamson of WISH-TV in Indianapolis.

STAMPEDE BLUE MAKES THIS LISTING based on all info he finds

Starting offensive line

is Jeff Linkenbach (LT), Jacques McClendon (LG), Jeff Saturday ©, Mike Pollak (RG), and Ryan Diem (RT). Anthony Castonzo backs up Linkenbach. Ben Ijalana backs up Diem. Joe Reitz backs up McClendon. Kyle DeVan backs up Pollak.

Starting defensive line

is Dwight Freeney (RE), Antonio Johnson (NT), Fili Moala (UT), and Robert Mathis. Drake Nevis backs up Fili. Eric Foster is the back-up NT. Tommie Harris is listed as fifth DT. Jamaal Anderson backs up Mathis. Jerry Hughes backs up Freeney.

Starting linebackers

are Kavell Conner (WILL), Gary Brackett (MIKE), and Pat Angerer (SAM). Ernie Sims is second string.

Undrafted rookie Joe Lefeged is the backing SS behind Melvin Bullitt. ( I DONT SEE THIS IN INDY STAR )

Base offensive set is three WRs, not two TEs. Austin Collie is a starter at slot receiver. ( I DONT SEE THIS IN INDY STAR )

Starting corners are Jerraud Powers and Jacob Lacey. Justin Tryon and Kevin Thomas are primary back-ups.

My link

Hmmmm I'm surprised they didn't mention the running backs. I'm assuming that is because there are so many RBs on the roster that they have not made their decisions yet. I'm fairly certain it will be Addai, Brown, and Carter respectively to start the season. I'm not sure if we will have a 4th RB on the roster though. I'm also surprised that Costanzo isn't starting. I'm sure if he proves himself in pre-season, he will be able to get a starting job soon enough. I am also surprised Ijalana is listed as a RT and not a RG. I still feel McClendon and DeVan are openly competing for the LG position, but we will see. I also hope Harris will see some action this season. being fifth on the depth chart might not equate to a lot of time. I do like our depth on the lines however.

Yea this is just for now. Im guessing Harris will slide into the starting role for the 53 man roster and Moala will back up Harris. Good to see some changes on the offensive line. We can see what McClendon has to offer. I am also guessing sometime during the regular season Ijalana will take Diems spot in the starting lineup as well.

Wierd that ljalana is at tackle backing up Diem, wasnt he drafted as a guard?

article says reverse

. Anthony Castonzo backs up Linkenbach. Ben Ijalana backs up Diem. Joe Reitz backs up McClendon. Kyle DeVan backs up Pollak.

What's up with Collie at FB/H-B? :blowtop:

Interesting how Harris and Sims are going to have to climb the deoth chart (I'm assuming because they are vets?) and Jamaal Anderson is being set immediately at back-up DE..

If Javaris James stays at 3rd on the RB depth chart, and Devin Moore stays at KR, looks like we're keeping 5 RBs because BP doesn't cut draft picks! :panic:

I guess it something to talk about but there could not be a more meaningless thing than the depth chart after one week of camp.

Carter above James means nothing.

Link in front Costanzo means nothing.

Look who they have in front of Tommie Harris. Seriously?

I guess it something to talk about but there could not be a more meaningless thing than the depth chart after one week of camp.

I don't know about that. Referees for professional wrestling are probably more meaningless.

Walmart greeters are probably on the same level.

A speech by President Obama is more worthless. (Ohh bad poster.)

I think I'll stop there.

Carter above James means nothing.

James is above Carter does that mean anything?

Link in front Costanzo means nothing.

Oh yes it does mean something. It obviously means the Colts made a mistake in drafting Costanzo and that he's a first round bust and the Colts should have drafted Saffold the year before and Polian has lost touch with reality and the game has passed him by and Manning is going to get sacked 25 times a game and he's not getting in younger so Polian just cost the Colts the chance of ever getting another Superbowl all because he won't ever admit he's wrong. And if he just drafted the way the fans want then the Colts would have won every Superbowl since 1998. HOW CAN YOU SAY IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look who they have in front of Tommie Harris. Seriously?

Oh well, you may have a point.

I don't know about that. Referees for professional wrestling are probably more meaningless.

I think I'll stop there.

Oh yes it does mean something. It obviously means the Colts made a mistake in drafting Costanzo and that he's a first round bust and the Colts should have drafted Saffold the year before and Polian has lost touch with reality and the game has passed him by and Manning is going to get sacked 25 times a game and he's not getting in younger so Polian just cost the Colts the chance of ever getting another Superbowl all because he won't ever admit he's wrong. And if he just drafted the way the fans want then the Colts would have won every Superbowl since 1998. HOW CAN YOU SAY IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done sir. Well done.

I think I'll stop there.

you cant call him a first round bust because he isnt starting it's happen plenty times before

What I noticed:

- Didn't see Dominic Rhodes

- Javarris James = #3 running back... told ya

- Ijalana backup RT

- Jacques McClendon starting LG... you told me :)

- Tommie Harris = #5 DT

- Jacob Lacey = starting LCB

- David Gilreath = starting PR

- Chad Spann and Devin Moore = KRs

- Jacob Tamme #3 TE

- Austin Collie = #1 FB ???

Some surprises, especially McClendon, but everything is generally good and there is obviously going to be some cuts so... let's see what happens.

i dont know how you can call him a first round bust when he hasnt even been in a real game yet? like many posters already pointed this is a depth chart after one week of practice which means a lot can change and if your scared because we continue to hear hes getting beat my freeney and mathis dont be because thats what suppose to happen i would be shocked to hear hes dominating freeney and/or mathis. we would then starting asking whats wrong with them? how can they not beat a rookie? give it some time and lets not jump the gun.

i dont know how you can call him a first round bust when he hasnt even been in a real game yet? like many posters already pointed this is a depth chart after one week of practice which means a lot can change and if your scared because we continue to hear hes getting beat my freeney and mathis dont be because thats what suppose to happen i would be shocked to hear hes dominating freeney and/or mathis. we would then starting asking whats wrong with them? how can they not beat a rookie? give it some time and lets not jump the gun.

you cant call him a first round bust because he isnt starting it's happen plenty times before

Really guys? Wow... just wow