Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Jerseys

vinatierifan4

All these jerseys they roll out, the pink, black, throw-backs etc...are about 4_dollar_signs.gif. Every new style they can think of generates massive amounts of money. Not that it's wrong of them, if people want to buy them then I see why they sell 'em.

I think it gets in the way of games when they wear the throw-backs though. I always wonder if players get confused about who's on their team because they aren't wearing the usual colors?

Nike is unveiling the new uniforms for every team in the NFL in a couple weeks. it was in the same article about the reebok an nike lawsuit on the tebow jerseys. definently dont really see a difference in the colts unis if the ones they showed are exactly the ones they will be wearing. only difference really would be they will be wearing blue pants instead of the traditional white pants.

Nike is unveiling the new uniforms for every team in the NFL in a couple weeks. it was in the same article about the reebok an nike lawsuit on the tebow jerseys. definently dont really see a difference in the colts unis if the ones they showed are exactly the ones they will be wearing. only difference really would be they will be wearing blue pants instead of the traditional white pants.

All of those photo-shopped uniforms were creations by various people. Nike never released actual images, unless they leaked them by other means to draw on the feedback of fans.

I don't see our uniforms ever changing. We have been wearing the same thing for decades. The only difference is facemask color, and blue pants on away jerseys at one point. Grey pants first couple years in Indy.

The should stripes are changed over the years. The shade of blue had actually changed over the years as well, and a few years ago Irsay made a point of returning it to the same shade that had been used back in the original glory days. He appears to value tradition, and personally I'm grateful for that. The Colts uniforms are about perfect the way that they are.

Link? I don't believe it.

The should stripes are changed over the years. The shade of blue had actually changed over the years as well, and a few years ago Irsay made a point of returning it to the same shade that had been used back in the original glory days. He appears to value tradition, and personally I'm grateful for that. The Colts uniforms are about perfect the way that they are.

"The shoulder stripes have changed over the years. The shade of blue had actually changed over the years as well, but a few years ago Irsay............"

Sorry. Lost the capacity for human speech there for a moment.

I also see references to there having been gray involved for awhile in the 80s, but I don't remember it myself.

All these jerseys they roll out, the pink, black, throw-backs etc...are about 4_dollar_signs.gif. Every new style they can think of generates massive amounts of money. Not that it's wrong of them, if people want to buy them then I see why they sell 'em.

I think it gets in the way of games when they wear the throw-backs though. I always wonder if players get confused about who's on their team because they aren't wearing the usual colors?

Yes. It's called 'Painter Syndrome'......

"The shoulder stripes have changed over the years. The shade of blue had actually changed over the years as well, but a few years ago Irsay............"

Sorry. Lost the capacity for human speech there for a moment.

I also see references to there having been gray involved for awhile in the 80s, but I don't remember it myself.

I believe it was 82 so pre Indy

art-schlichter.jpg

I believe it was 82 so pre Indy

Well that would nothing to do with my not remembering it considering that I was a fan for a good 15-16 years before the move. It probably has more to do with the fact that the team was so horrendous during the "gray" period that I had one hand over my face on those rare occasions when I'd see them on tv. :)

Then again I'd also felt a little funny when reading comments about people missing the blue pants from the 90's. Aside from a few still photographs I'd had no recollection of them at all. Then I read today that they wore them precisely three times. Not exactly a long term trend.

Well that would nothing to do with my not remembering it considering that I was a fan for a good 15-16 years before the move. It probably has more to do with the fact that the team was so horrendous during the "gray" period that I had one hand over my face on those rare occasions when I'd see them on tv. :)

Then again I'd also felt a little funny when reading comments about people missing the blue pants from the 90's. Aside from a few still photographs I'd had no recollection of them at all. Then I read today that they wore them precisely three times. Not exactly a long term trend.

The gray ones were horrible. The white version(i've been looking for a quality color picture), weren't so bad both had a Raiders feel to them, but Blue/Gray.

I actually like the blue pants in 90's. I remember a few years ago there was rumored to be a gray jersey with blue #'s/stripes. It would have been okay as a fan jersey, but I couldn't see it on the field.

The gray ones were horrible. The white version(i've been looking for a quality color picture), weren't so bad both had a Raiders feel to them, but Blue/Gray.

I actually like the blue pants in 90's. I remember a few years ago there was rumored to be a gray jersey with blue #'s/stripes. It would have been okay as a fan jersey, but I couldn't see it on the field.

For some reason I just don't like any of the light shirt/dark pants combinations. Just looks unbalanced to me or something.

Anything is better than soccer, where many teams home and away uniforms are so dramatically different in every respect (and seem to change so often) that I could easily stumble across a favorite team playing on the road and have no idea who it is.

For some reason I just don't like any of the light shirt/dark pants combinations. Just looks unbalanced to me or something.

Anything is better than soccer, where many teams home and away uniforms are so dramatically different in every respect (and seem to change so often) that I could easily stumble across a favorite team playing on the road and have no idea who it is.

Baseball can be the same way. I've seen games where both have on black jerseys with one in white pants and one in gray... It shouldn't be allowed.

I hope Indy never changes their road "all white" uni's with black kicks... that look is spectacular.

I kinda like the Baltimore white unis with the blue and grey strips. I could live with those for a game or 2 at home. But never change the road look.

On the subject of jerseys I would say sign A.Luck ASAP so they can start making and selling them #12 A.Luck jersey's and bring all the fans in line with the future ASAP, Irsay need to quit playing games/bullcrap and just pull the trigger and get it done!!!!!

Great, now new members are coming out of the woodwork just to repeat this silly mantra.

The draft is still 25 days away. If you don't like Irsay's teasing tweets, then don't read them. Other than that he is doing nothing even remotely questionable - while his front office staff are doing their homework and setting up their board. They aren't playing games, they are doing their jobs as responsibly as possible. Why this is continuously miss-understood and miss-represented is beyond me. To tweak a famous saying: a lack of patience on your part doesn't equal an emergency on their part. TWENTY-FIVE DAYS, relax already.

All of those photo-shopped uniforms were creations by various people. Nike never released actual images, unless they leaked them by other means to draw on the feedback of fans.

yeah could be possible. idk if their going to release the looks of the new uniforms before or after the draft. before would be nice because then luck could hold up that new jersey lol.

yeah could be possible. idk if their going to release the looks of the new uniforms before or after the draft. before would be nice because then luck could hold up that new jersey lol.

From my understanding Nike is hosting an event this week either the 3rd or 4th where they are unveiling them.