Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Qb for next year/QB class of 2021 (merge)

stitches

9 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

........trying to be optimistic here about Stafford but there is a BUNCH of smoke coming from every other team EXCEPT for the Colts. No news is good news right?

That's right.  The Colts run a tight ship.  Nothing has leaked that I can recall since Ballard arrived. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

On a Pat McAfee clip I saw....

Some guy who goes by Victor Frank NFL tweeted the 49ers have an offer to the Lions. 

Two 2’s.   21 & 22

Two 3’s.   21 & 22

Not sure if Ballard is going to want to beat that?

I believe a poster in another Stafford thread has proven to show that they don't have a 3rd in 21. 

35 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

They don’t now.   But they soon will. 

The 49ers are getting two-threes for the loss of their DC to be the head coach of the Jets. 

How do they get draft picks for losing a DC? If so Colts should as well for losing Sirianni. 

I worked last night so slept all day and I am late to the party so I haven't read many posts but I did read on ESPN the Texans are refusing to trade Watson. If that is the case I would sit the season out, that is the Texans loss. I assume he isn't hurting for money and he wants out period, why mess with him like that? Like I posted earlier this morning, the Lions screwed with Barry Sanders and how did that workout lmao 

Going to throw a name out here to get thoughts on, that would make 1 of our mods extremely happy.

What is everyone's thoughts on Kirk Cousins? Not that he is on the market, but @NFLfan has been trying to trade him to us for a couple years, lol.

Would be under contract for 2 years:

2021 - $21m

2022 - $35m(guarantees 3/19/21)

Coming off 1 of the better seasons in the league.

2020 stats - 4,265yds 67.6% 35tds 13ints 105 qb rating

Career stats - 28,000yds 67% 190tds 84ints 97.9 qb rating

Will turn 33 just before the start of season.

Just thought I would throw it out there, to see everyones thoughts.

I know @NFLfan will be like this:

pray chicago cubs GIF by MLB

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

How do they get draft picks for losing a DC? If so Colts should as well for losing Sirianni. 

It’s a newly enacted league rule.  The 49ers former DC is a person of color.   That’s the criteria, not losing your coordinator.  

They’re trying to incentivize promoting people of color to positions that they’ve had trouble reaching.   

Just now, w87r said:

Going to throw a name out here to get thoughts on, that would make 1 of our mods extremely happy.

What is everyone's thoughts on Kirk Cousins? Not that he is on the market, but @NFLfan has been trying to trade him to us for a couple years, lol.

2021 - $21m

I think Cousins would be great with Frank’s system.   The contract would have to get re-worked, but I think it’s doable. 

4 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I’ve never heard of that. Doesn’t seem fair across the board for other teams losing coordinators. 

There isn’t a problem with teams losing coordinators.   That happens every year.

The on-going problem is people of color getting consideration and promotions to higher level positions.   That problem has been around forever. 

23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Lol

I'm really not against rolling with Eason, if it comes down to it.

1. We will know if he gives us a potential future at QB.

2. Will allow us to build a solid team around him, as he is cheap.

3. If he fails, then we will most likely have pretty good draft positioning.

4. I think he has all the traits of Josh Allen coming into the league.

So if all else fails let @skinnyqb10 roll. :dunno:

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

There isn’t a problem with teams losing coordinators.   That happens every year.

The on-going problem is people of color getting consideration and promotions to higher level positions.   That problem has been around forever. 

Well in that sense Colts just promoted Marcus Brady to OC. Shouldn’t the Colts then get maybe a 4th round comp pick?

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

On a Pat McAfee clip I saw....

Some guy who goes by Victor Frank NFL tweeted the 49ers have an offer to the Lions. 

Two 2’s.   21 & 22

Two 3’s.   21 & 22

Not sure if Ballard is going to want to beat that?

I can beat it, offer them our 21st pick this year which is a 1st rounder and this years 3rd and next years 2nd being in 22. We still would be ok regarding the draft. We would have picks 2 and 4-7 this year and next year would have our 1st and 3-7 + Stafford.

Just now, BProland85 said:

Well in that sense Colts just promoted Marcus Brady to OC. Shouldn’t the Colts then get maybe a 4th round comp pick?

When he gets a HC job we will get a couple 3rds.

Can't really award teams for promoting within, because teams would exploit it to get picks,  but promoting from within helps that guys chances down the road, which then could pay off for the teams that promoted them in the first place.

2 hours ago, TheBlueAndWhite said:

Now that our inside man is with the eagles, he will low key trade hurts to us for a 4th round pick..... Ballard is way ahead of the game, planting sleeper coaches all around the league, my man ballard knows how to build a roster.

Hurts for a second or a third still seems like the most Ballard move. Low risk/high reward. Some people are suggesting two firsts for Stafford, and I just can't see him doing that.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can beat it, offer them our 21st pick this year which is a 1st rounder and this years 3rd and next years 2nd being in 22. We still would be ok regarding the draft. We would have picks 2 and 4-7 this year and next year would have our 1st and 3-7 + Stafford.

I’d rather use those picks to move up to say pick 6 overall to land Justin Fields. I’d rather spend a tad more on draft capital and get our guy longterm. 

14 minutes ago, w87r said:

2021 - $21m

Pleaaassse no!!!!!!!!!!!-

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Pleaaassse no!!!!!!!!!!!-

Just curious of reasoning?

My biggest concern with him is he gets sacked a little to much, maybe holds on to the ball a little to long. Our OL should be able to protect him. Outside of that, not much other complaints on my end.

4 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Hurts for a second or a third still seems like the most Ballard move. Low risk/high reward. Some people are suggesting two firsts for Stafford, and I just can't see him doing that.

I could dig it.  All this speculation is a blast!

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Seems some SF guys who have inside info are starting to get nervous that SF won’t get Stafford. This plus another post with a clown face and says when SF doesn’t get Stafford.

Same guy who said it was done 9 hours ago...

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

YEp. Seems it wasn’t as done deal as they made it seem. It’s been earily quiet in colts land. It does make me think something is going on.

Yeah, I'm not getting roped in by any of these rumors. The Colts staff moves in silence, but silence doesn't necessarily mean they're working on something. When the Stafford move happens, we'll know, and then we'll either have him or we'll have to move on.

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I worked last night so slept all day and I am late to the party so I haven't read many posts but I did read on ESPN the Texans are refusing to trade Watson. If that is the case I would sit the season out, that is the Texans loss. I assume he isn't hurting for money and he wants out period, why mess with him like that? Like I posted earlier this morning, the Lions screwed with Barry Sanders and how did that workout lmao 

Actually

He should threaten to half * it.....  Come to practice late... throw 2-3 picks every game.....

They would have to listen to that....

37 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Go on a Viking fan forum.

I will pass on that, we have our own resident Viking fan that isn't very nice to her Cousin(s), who tells me all the time. 

Can't believe every word someone(not nflfan) on a teams fan forum says, look at all the nonsense that goes on, on the Colts forum most the time.(Exhibit A, the Ballard thread you just created)

Fans go to the extreme and can sometimes be too close to the situation to appreciate it. It clouds their vision and rational goes out the window.(again not nflfan, just in general, not even Cousins related)

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I do think if the colts weren’t in on Stafford we would be hearing leaks colts aren’t interested. 

Something to watch though. Is there another QB that no one is talking about Ballard could be gong after while all the attention is on Stafford.  

Ballard regardless will find someone 

I'm not too worried about it 

Archived