Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nashville Sports Radio Idiocy

BProland85

8 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

You guys are sitting here arguing about this, but no one is asking the real question:

What makes Special Teams so special?

Where’s the answer on that one, huh?

I rest my case. No further questions, your honor

they have to ride a different team bus?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/13/2020 at 2:48 PM, Indyfan4life said:

I'm in Glasgow, KY and Tennessee circle pulling is all I hear on the radio. Even this morning they were saying the same thing, and how this is still a Super Bowl caliber team. The Colts got lucky, and we'll do good to win another game this season.

I live in Nashville as well and I just don’t listen to sports talk radio the week of the Colts game. It really isn’t all the host on all the shows, it is one particular host, Jared Stillman. He is on in the afternoon with former GM Floyd Reese (who is great). He is constantly calling players crappy and saying they suck. He hates on the Colts all the time. It is exhausting. 

16 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I live in Nashville as well and I just don’t listen to sports talk radio the week of the Colts game. It really isn’t all the host on all the shows, it is one particular host, Jared Stillman. He is on in the afternoon with former GM Floyd Reese (who is great). He is constantly calling players crappy and saying they suck. He hates on the Colts all the time. It is exhausting. 

We have basically owned them for years, they have to hate us lmao 

15 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

No I don't know it.

The Colts line up in a defensive punt cover. That is a play designed to defend the punt that includes a fake.

It is defensive move to put pressure on the punter and get a take away if possible. 

The scheme may be different but it is a defensive play.

It does not count as a defensive stat.  It was not a pass defended nor was it a tackle for loss.

Look - the Colts as a team played great on Thursday night and got a nice win.  How they did it is largely immaterial - all that matter is that they did it.  

Enjoy your stress-free Sunday.

40 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

It does not count as a defensive stat.  It was not a pass defended nor was it a tackle for loss.

Look - the Colts as a team played great on Thursday night and got a nice win.  How they did it is largely immaterial - all that matter is that they did it.  

Enjoy your stress-free Sunday.

So glad I can go to work later knowing Colts already won it feels great

On 11/14/2020 at 11:50 AM, EastStreet said:

On the shanked put drive, they were moving the ball well until Tannehill got sacked. I give the D credit for that sack. But the D also allowed Henry 3 runs of 5 yards or more that drive. I give the STs credit for causing the shank.

On the drive that ended with a blocked punt TD - 1st play Smith was running deep with a few step on our DB, and Tannehill just missed him. That was bad Tannehill, not good D. It was actually bad D and could have been a huge pickup. 2nd down was a good stop by Leonard on Henry. The 3rd down pass was a bad route by the WR. He basically ran into Okereke, so not giving the D credit on that one. Had he settled down correctly or came back, it would have been an easy pitch and catch. So 2 of the 3 plays were bad offense. And of course I give STs/Speed the credit for the block. 

You giving more credit to the D than the O is twilight zone stuff. Our O dominated possession before the block/TD. They had 62 plays on O to that point. Yes, 62.... Think about that. And they only punted once, which was on the very last drive when we ran it a bunch in a row to kill clock. One punt... Rivers was 74% for 309, and a 7.4 AVG with no INTs. Our O played well above our average. Our D did not. 

These are the type of post I really enjoy from you.   I have a 3mo old and don’t get to research and watch film like I used to.  I admit at times I engage you and  “poke the bear” just to get more stats.  I say you are solely responsible for 70% of the in depth analysis I’m able to absorb right now. Maybe in 5yrs when life slows down I can get back to it and offer my own stat backed opinions.  Until then, keep it up!!!  

On 11/15/2020 at 8:02 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We have basically owned them for years, they have to hate us lmao 

I say it’s a lot like how we feel about the Steelers.  Haven’t beaten them in 12yrs and overall we are 6-25 against them. Although,  it may be worse bc they have to face us twice a year. 

54 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The game may have been completely different if AJ Brown catches that long pass down the sidelines.

What IF Pascal TD doesnt get overturned?

What if Wilkins catches that ball on the goal line like he should have?

On 11/17/2020 at 7:04 AM, AwesomeAustin said:

These are the type of post I really enjoy from you.   I have a 3mo old and don’t get to research and watch film like I used to.  I admit at times I engage you and  “poke the bear” just to get more stats.  I say you are solely responsible for 70% of the in depth analysis I’m able to absorb right now. Maybe in 5yrs when life slows down I can get back to it and offer my own stat backed opinions.  Until then, keep it up!!!  

Thanks AA. Some weeks I have time, some I don't. Some games interest me more than others. Covid has given me more time overall lol. 

Archived