Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacob Lacey - 100Th Best Corner In Nfl!

The Peytonator

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1118304-br-nfl-1000-top-100-cornerbacks#/articles/1118304-br-nfl-1000-top-100-cornerbacks/page/2

I had to laugh when I saw this and figured I'd share it with you guys. This means that if each team averages 3.3 CBs on this list, he is the worst of all those CBs. By that estimate, he would make for a very average dime back.....when teams go 4 wide he gets the worst WR, for those who don't know the terminology.

http://bleacherrepor...nerbacks/page/2

I had to laugh when I saw this and figured I'd share it with you guys. This means that if each team averages 3.3 CBs on this list, he is the worst of all those CBs. By that estimate, he would make for a very average dime back.....when teams go 4 wide he gets the worst WR, for those who don't know the terminology.

I think they may have ranked him too high... lol

Ease up on Lacey. I have more venom for last year's stupid coaching staff which misplaced him as a starting corner when it was apparent to all that he was a nickle or dime guy at best. If cast in his proper role, as he was during his first season, he has shown to be effective enough.

I have a feeling Jacob Lacey will do just fine with his new team.

Yeah, you just never know. I remember how people dogged Tim Jennings all the time while he was here. He went to Chicago and fit in quite well over there. Playing with good coaching and within a solid defensive scheme can sometimes make all the difference.

The fact that Powers is ranked 86th, and he's our highest rated CB, shows that it probably had more to do with scheme than players.

But still, a team needs a whipping boy, and Jacob Lacey fit the profile for so long. I wonder who will step into that role now that he and Pollak are gone, and Linkenbach should be a bench player at best.

The fact that Powers is ranked 86th, and he's our highest rated CB, shows that it probably had more to do with scheme than players.

But still, a team needs a whipping boy, and Jacob Lacey fit the profile for so long. I wonder who will step into that role now that he and Pollak are gone, and Linkenbach should be a bench player at best.

There will be plenty of whipping boys this upcoming season i fear..

http://bleacherrepor...nerbacks/page/2

Sounds about right.

Think about it: Bill Polian cut Kelvin Hayden before last season, with full knowledge that Jacob Lacey would be his replacement as a starter in the National Football League.

Sounds about right.

Think about it: Bill Polian cut Kelvin Hayden before last season, with full knowledge that Jacob Lacey would be his replacement as a starter in the National Football League.

Polian can't win. Some people hate that he gave Hayden that contract (which was market rate), and others hate that we cut him (even though he wasn't performing up to standard).

But yeah, I don't know why we'd try to start Jacob Lacey. He's a dime back. Maybe nickel back at best. Not a starter. What Polian and Caldwell and Coyer did with our defensive personnel and schemes since the Super Bowl is indefensible.

Perfect reason for some to compare his release to Peyton Manning. 100th best corner and 100th best Quarterback.. Perfect sense.

Lacey was not released by the Colts.

I think the comparison was very effective in exposing the irrational over-reaction to a player leaving a team, whether it be for a top-rated QB, or for a bottom-rated CB.

I disagree. I think the comparison was apt, and timely, to expose what was necessary.

So the 100th best CB in the league who spent 3 seasons = FHOF QB who changed the the views on professional football in Indiana and the reason the team has a new stadium and still resides in Indiana. Interesting view point..

Perfect reason for some to compare his release to Peyton Manning. 100th best corner and 100th best Quarterback.. Perfect sense.

Why did you have to drag Peyton into this mess? :)

The thread was going fine till then. Just saying. :)

So the 100th best CB in the league who spent 3 seasons = FHOF QB who changed the the views on professional football in Indiana and the reason the team has a new stadium and still resides in Indiana. Interesting view point..

I guess you have trouble with understanding the purpose of a parody?

I am guessing Jacob Lacey will have a mini-resurrection like Tim Jennings and our terrible schemes will again be the reason.

Why are the Bears able to play similar schemes at a much higher level? Better DTs and LBs, I suppose?

Do I answer honestly? Or do I go to the old trusty no comment?

I'll give that some thought and get back to you.

I think I have an idea what the answer is and I actually have stances similar to yours but just wanted to keep this thread from going south. Yeah, I am not the mod, I know that.

In short, a "no comment" will do. :)

Polian can't win. Some people hate that he gave Hayden that contract (which was market rate), and others hate that we cut him (even though he wasn't performing up to standard).

But yeah, I don't know why we'd try to start Jacob Lacey. He's a dime back. Maybe nickel back at best. Not a starter. What Polian and Caldwell and Coyer did with our defensive personnel and schemes since the Super Bowl is indefensible.

It was a lot more than the Hayden contract,how about Brackett,an average player if I ever saw one,Bullitt.Clark.The absolute dearth of talent they got from drafting.They set the team back for years.It seems like they thought Manning was Duncan Mc Cloud from the Highlander series,was never going to age or drop off.

I am guessing Jacob Lacey will have a mini-resurrection like Tim Jennings and our terrible schemes will again be the reason.

Why are the Bears able to play similar schemes at a much higher level? Better DTs and LBs, I suppose?

you said it.Peppers,Urlacher,Briggs.They have an aging D but it is more talented overrall than ours is.I like Angerer future though.