Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens @ Colts, November 7, 2020, 1pm ET

NFLfan

6 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

How can y’all blame Taylor more than Rivers?  That’s ridiculous. Fine give them the 7 off the fumble. Phillip is supposed to score more than 10 points. He’s had many throws that were hideous. Couple fair catch interceptions. He’s neck & neck with Frank for the blame. Then Taylor. 

Couple fair catch interceptions?

I honestly believe half of you don't even watch the games.  Just wait to see if we lose and then blame Rivers.  What a joke.

6 minutes ago, IinD said:

I think it's definitely safe for Frank to catch heat. He's proving to be a very up and down play caller as has been stated at times over the last couple seasons.

He's overly conservative a lot, fails to adjust, doesn't attack weaknesses, gets stubborn....

And I'd add today he kept JT in the doghouse way to long, and then wants to run it late in the 4th down two possessions.

Just plain horrible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

sorry guys maybe next year it will be okay we have a good young core just need a new number 1 wr and a QB . hopefully eason is that guy , there is zero chance ballard re signs rivers so at least we have a fresh start .   i am excited about our future

Does Ballard keep Frank?  That’s the question. 

Just now, DontEverGiveUp said:

Brady looked bad last year when he didn't have weapons.  Not sure how much better he would be doing here...

Exactly. The real issues that have made the Offense look bad is Run game regression (both due to o-line play and poor RB play), injuries affecting skill positions and Ballards refusal to add any talent from FA market to address it.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

rivers pick cost the game it took the energy out of the team along with jt fumble .  the colts cost themselves the game . 14 points on turnovers that is the game .

so drops, horrible game plan and play calling, zero adjustments on either side, the D collapsing the 2nd half, a horrible call on the INT... 

none of that had anything to do with it. 

got it.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We can still get to 9 wins and make the playoffs so the sky isn't falling people. I can see us beating the Jags, Texans twice, Raiders, - that is 9 right there. 

This, it is funny people come out in droves when we lose, when we win it is crickets in here. By the way the Ravens were favored in this game so it is not shocking we lost.

its not all on rivers , rivers played solid in the first half .  Its a combo of bad play calling young average wrs and a older QB who is not the same player anymore .

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

so drops, horrible game plan and play calling, zero adjustments on either side, the D collapsing the 2nd half, a horrible call on the INT... 

got it.

no your right but without the pick and the fumble the ravens only score ten

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

got it.

Exactly.  Blame Rivers after every loss no matter what.

Simpletons.

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

He should.

Frank is a good guy to have as Head Coach.

He just needs to leave the play-calling to Sirianni.  And if it's still bad, replace Sirianni with someone that can call plays and make adjustments.

I’d like to try that. But I don’t think Frank would give it up. He was under Peterson who did both and won it all. I figure he’d like to do the same. 

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

rivers pick cost the game it took the energy out of the team along with jt fumble .  the colts cost themselves the game . 14 points on turnovers that is the game .

Rivers' "pick" was an  incomplete pass that was successfully defended by Johnson, was called that way on the field but was erroneously ruled an interception after Harbaugh challenged.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This, it is funny people come out in droves when we lose, when we win it is crickets in here. By the way the Ravens were favored in this game so it is not shocking we lost.

people are upset when the offense scores 10 points when the ravens have practice squad players in at corner and linebacker out . plus they lost there defensive tackle and corner during the game .   the offense has to be better then this , its okay to talk about the flaws of the team .   If it bothers you that much take a break , the colts can still be in first thursday with a win .

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He's overly conservative a lot, fails to adjust, doesn't attack weaknesses, gets stubborn....

And I'd add today he kept JT in the doghouse way to long, and then wants to run it late in the 4th down two possessions.

Just plain horrible.

I’m not jumping off the cliff over Frank. But his play calling is highly suspect. He just looks so predictable; conservative, and unimaginative. 
He has to up his game big time Thursday. No excuses. 

23 minutes ago, CobraKai344 said:

Exactly!  If that’s the case then Reich and maybe Ballard need to be canned ASAP.  Ball game 

Ballard is amazing, keep him. Reich is a great leader, but sucks at playcalling. I want Eberflus delivered to the dumpster behind LOS pronto

1 minute ago, Hoose said:

I’m not jumping off the cliff over Frank. But his play calling is highly suspect. He just looks so predictable; conservative, and unimaginative. 
He has to up his game big time Thursday. No excuses. 

He needs to stop calling plays.

Hopefully Eberflus is gone after this season; so much talent on D, wasted by vanilla playcalling with no blitzes

Just now, coming on strong said:

people are upset when the offense scores 10 points when the ravens have practice squad players in at corner and linebacker out . plus they lost there defensive tackle and corner during the game .   the offense has to be better then this , its okay to talk about the flaws of the team .   If it bothers you that much take a break , the colts can still be in first thursday with a win .

It doesn't bother me at all, it is just comical how some think we should win every week. Some have never heard of our team having an off game I guess. No big deal, have at it with the others. In reality it was the turnovers that swung the entire game and that last turnover wasn't even an INT.

Reich is such a bad playcaller. Something would one week then abandon it the next week. He does not know how to maximize his players. It doesn’t help that we have a QB who can’t be a playmaker. Our defense just got worn down the second half because the offense couldn’t stand on the firks. That interception after that fumble was the worst play call I have ever seen. Never should of called the play but the ref made a bad call. The Taylor fumble and that call cost us the game. We don’t have the fire power to overcome mistakes like that. What happened using Hines at WR. We will lose Thursday too. TY might of helped this game. It might of opened things up a little. 

Just now, coming on strong said:

so rivers has no blame ?  every one on offense played bad not just rivers , but you have to admit rivers made a ton of poor throws .  he almost had 3 picks .  

I just REALLY LOVE watching this offense every game. SO MUCH FUN.

Fun People GIF

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Reich is such a bad playcaller. Something would one week then abandon it the next week. He does not know how to maximize his players. It doesn’t help that we have a QB who can’t be a playmaker. Our defense just got worn down the second half because the offense couldn’t stand on the firks. That interception after that fumble was the worst play call I have ever seen. Never should of called the play but the ref made a bad call. The Taylor fumble and that call cost us the game. We don’t have the fire power to overcome mistakes like that. What happened using Hines at WR. We will lose Thursday too. TY might of helped this game. It might of opened things up a little. 

This ^

I like Reich as a head coach, but the man just cannot call plays to save his life. Honestly, why isn’t Sirianni calling plays?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It doesn't bother me at all, it is just comical how some think we should win every week. Some have never heard of our team having an off game I guess. No big deal, have at it with the others. In reality it was the turnovers that swung the entire game and that last turnover wasn't even an INT.

its not because of a lose though . its the way the offense played 10 points with todays rules is bad .   the defense is amazing still , but it feels like last year with jacoby .   jacoby had a couple 300 yard multiple touchdown games also .   i didnt mean to hurt your feelings its how i honestly feel the offense is holding the team  back .   there is still much season left to play but the problem is to win the division the colts are gonna have to go 11-5 and they already lost 3 games . its gonna be hard when the steelers are winning the division and the two teams the colts would have to fight already beat them . its a tough uphill fight and losing thursday can be the fork in it .