Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nick Foles will start vs Colts

CR91

Based off of their career stats, it's hard to choose who I'd rather the Colts face.

Pass completions

Foles - 61.8%

Trubs - 63.1%

TD's/INT's

Foles - 74/36

Trubs - 54/32

Rating

Foles - 88.3

Trubs - 85.9

Win/loss

Foles - 26/22

Trubs - 26-18

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Based off of their career stats, it's hard to choose who I'd rather the Colts face.

Pass completions

Foles - 61.8%

Trubs - 63.1%

TD's/INT's

Foles - 74/36

Trubs - 54/32

Rating

Foles - 88.3

Trubs - 85.9

Win/loss

Foles - 226/22

Trubs - 26-18

I think Trubisky can move around much better in the pocket and having him out against Foles favors Indy

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

Pass completions

Foles - 61.8%

Trubs - 63.1%

TD's/INT's

Foles - 74/36

Trubs - 54/32

Rating

Foles - 88.3

Trubs - 85.9

Win/loss

Foles - 226/22

Trubs - 26-18

Damn... Foles is a freakin winner.

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

Pass completions

Foles - 61.8%

Trubs - 63.1%

TD's/INT's

Foles - 74/36

Trubs - 54/32

Rating

Foles - 88.3

Trubs - 85.9

Win/loss

Foles - 226/22

Trubs - 26-18

The Win/Loss stat I see for Foles is 30/24 as a starter...

9 minutes ago, Myles said:

Pass completions

Foles - 61.8%

Trubs - 63.1%

TD's/INT's

Foles - 74/36

Trubs - 54/32

Rating

Foles - 88.3

Trubs - 85.9

Win/loss

Foles - 226/22

Trubs - 26-18

I bet 150-180 of those wins are with him riding the pine 

Did Trubs get hurt or is this a performance type switch up?

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The Win/Loss stat I see for Foles is 30/24 as a starter...

I was using the pro football reference which is usually pretty accurate.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FoleNi00.htm

9 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

Damn... Foles is a freakin winner.

I edited my most.  Thanks for pointing it out.   

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I bet 150-180 of those wins are with him riding the pine 

Did Trubs get hurt or is this a performance type switch up?

It was to spark the team yesterday, but since it worked they are sticking with Foles for at least this week.

1 minute ago, Lancer1 said:

Let's see if the defense can record a safety in the 3rd straight game!

Could happen, but teams don't just score safeties 3 weeks straight. It was extremely exciting to see number one versus the Vikings. It was just flat out crazy to see it happen again this week.

I'll bet your bank account versus mine it doesn't happen again :goodluck:

8 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

Seeing a team get a safety 3 weeks consecutively is about as likely as a an NFL one point play (yes it's possible but has never happened) 

A little-noticed aspect of the NFL’s new extra point rule is that we could see, for the first time in league history, a one-point safety.

If the defense gets the ball in the field of play on a conversion attemp, and then a defensive player takes the ball into his own end zone and is tackled, the result will be a one-point safety: The offensive team will get one point. That has never happened before in NFL history.

It had never happened before because it was virtually impossible: In the past, any time the defense took possession of the ball on a point-after attempt (either a one-point kick or a two-point conversion), the play was blown dead. A one-point safety was theoretically possible before, but it would have happened only if the defensive team had illegally batted a fumbled ball in the end zone.

One-point safeties have happened in college football, most notably in the 2013 Fiesta Bowl, when Kansas State blocked an Oregon extra point and a Kansas State player picked up the ball and ran it into his own end zone. The college rule that gives the defense the opportunity to score two points by returning an interception, fumble or blocked kick to the opposite end zone means that defensive teams that take possession of the ball will try to run it back for a score, and sometimes those players end up getting tackled after backtracking into their own end zones.

With that rule now in place in the NFL, it will happen in the NFL eventually as well: Some defensive player is going to reverse field, get caught in his own end zone, and give up the first one-point safety in NFL history.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/22/nfl-may-see-its-first-one-point-safety/#:~:text=If the defense gets the,happened before in NFL history.

12 minutes ago, Myles said:

A little-noticed aspect of the NFL’s new extra point rule is that we could see, for the first time in league history, a one-point safety.

If the defense gets the ball in the field of play on a conversion attemp, and then a defensive player takes the ball into his own end zone and is tackled, the result will be a one-point safety: The offensive team will get one point. That has never happened before in NFL history.

It had never happened before because it was virtually impossible: In the past, any time the defense took possession of the ball on a point-after attempt (either a one-point kick or a two-point conversion), the play was blown dead. A one-point safety was theoretically possible before, but it would have happened only if the defensive team had illegally batted a fumbled ball in the end zone.

One-point safeties have happened in college football, most notably in the 2013 Fiesta Bowl, when Kansas State blocked an Oregon extra point and a Kansas State player picked up the ball and ran it into his own end zone. The college rule that gives the defense the opportunity to score two points by returning an interception, fumble or blocked kick to the opposite end zone means that defensive teams that take possession of the ball will try to run it back for a score, and sometimes those players end up getting tackled after backtracking into their own end zones.

With that rule now in place in the NFL, it will happen in the NFL eventually as well: Some defensive player is going to reverse field, get caught in his own end zone, and give up the first one-point safety in NFL history.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/22/nfl-may-see-its-first-one-point-safety/#:~:text=If the defense gets the,happened before in NFL history.

I'm still a bit confused by this.  It sounds like if there is a fumble on a 2 point conversion and the defense grabs it in the endzone and doesn't get out of the endzone it would be a 1 point safety.  Wouldn't it be a touchback?

I'm still a bit confused by this.  It sounds like if there is a fumble on a 2 point conversion and the defense grabs it in the endzone and doesn't get out of the endzone it would be a 1 point safety.  Wouldn't it be a touchback?

Yes, that would be a touchback. What the article is stating is that if the defensive player picks up the ball in the Endzone goes into the field of play, then retreats back into the end zone and his tackled, that is considered a safety.

4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Yes, that would be a touchback. What the article is stating is that if the defensive player picks up the ball in the Endzone goes into the field of play, then retreats back into the end zone and his tackled, that is considered a safety.

That makes sense.  I guess.

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

From what I read Foles would of been in competition with Brissett. He wouldn’t of been handed the job like Rivers.

That would have stunk.  Rivers is who I wanted and am glad we went that direction.   Good bridge.   I don't really think he makes the team a Superbowl threat, but if we can get to the playoffs, anything can happen.  Best case is that he stays next season as well and we make sure the QB of the future is on the roster.  

That would have stunk.  Rivers is who I wanted and am glad we went that direction.   Good bridge.   I don't really think he makes the team a Superbowl threat, but if we can get to the playoffs, anything can happen.  Best case is that he stays next season as well and we make sure the QB of the future is on the roster.  

**** that. Colts win the SB this season

2 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

Could happen, but teams don't just score safeties 3 weeks straight. It was extremely exciting to see number one versus the Vikings. It was just flat out crazy to see it happen again this week.

I'll bet your bank account versus mine it doesn't happen again :goodluck:

There is that small chance, mostly cuz of Rigo punting and the guys who get downfield to down it. It does make it more possible

Archived